ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 335
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Kiimo 06:14 PM 05-09-2016
The North belongs to Bran. He'll probably find out that it is his from the 3-eyed Raven.
[Reply]
seamonster 06:15 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Arya's storyline didn't need to be stretched over 3 episodes.
OK this is an incredibly dorky thing I'm saying, but I disagree with that. She's clearly being put through some iron bank special forces-like program and is being set up to be some sort of assasine\operative for the money people. The bank has been getting screwed by the lanisters and Stanis and now they've got a Stark girl to manipulate and indoctrine. Vitally important character that I think could potentially "win the game of thrones". What I want to see is what happens when she crosses path's with littlefinger and Sansa.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:26 PM 05-09-2016
I'm not saying she's a shitty character. I'm just saying that her sorry could have been squeezed into two episodes.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:38 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
This look like the entrance to Castle Black?

I don't think so.
You can see the arched doors to the entrance were replaced behind Jon. That is some quick work. I wonder if they have spares lying about.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Remember, Jon Snow can take The North and use the exact same justification as Henry VII. He can take The North by right of conquest and inheritance.
I don't see any scenario where Jon Snow wants to rule the north.

Just like the majority think, I'm on board. Sansa shows up, tells him whats happened at Winterfell. He takes the Wildlings, northern banner-men, maybe littlefinger/Eyrie army, maybe Arya and or Bran and crushes Ramsey. Starks get some revenge, finally. One of the Stark children rules Winterfell and the North.
[Reply]
Brando 09:27 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Just like the majority think, I'm on board. Sansa shows up, tells him whats happened at Winterfell. He takes the Wildlings, northern banner-men, maybe littlefinger/Eyrie army, maybe Arya and or Bran and crushes Ramsey. Starks get some revenge, finally. One of the Stark children rules Winterfell and the North.
My theory is that Bran becomes Warden of the North and finds that not only can he travel through time but also communicate in his visions.

Jon and the Ironborn sync up with Dany, the Imp, Varys and the dragons with Bran counseling them on the movement of the White Walkers in real time. Jamie ends up having to kill Cersie "the Mad Queen", then rallies the Lannisters to join forces with Jon, Dany and Tyrion to fight the WW's.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:08 PM 05-09-2016

Have you been watching this show? Maybe some of that happens ... eventually. It's far more likely that Jon and Sansa will pass each other like ships in the night because that's what George Martin does to Stark characters. If Arya is even back in the country by season's end I will be surprised. Bran will be with the tree dude for the rest of the season. Rickon has a George Martin target on his head and if he comes out of this alive and with all of his appendages it will be a small miracle.

The Wildlings kinda like Jon, for a Crow and a southerner, but I'm not sure they are quite ready to follow him around all over the country and fight his battles for him. It's possible, I suppose, with the whole rose from the dead thing. Little Finger isn't fighting for anybody but Little Finger.

I'm thinking most of your predictions are at least a season or two away or won't happen at all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Brando:
Jon and the Ironborn sync up with Dany.
We have not seem the Ironborn for 2-3 seasons. Now we have a fleet burned up......and we start to see the Ironborn again. If its the same story line as the books, the events took place 2 seasons ago in the TV series timeline.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:19 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Have you been watching this show?
Why do you have to respond with an insult? This is just fun speculation about a fantasy TV show. Just state your own opinion. If you can't handle that without insults then maybe this thread is not for you. Where did I say all that would be done within the next 7 episodes?
because that's what George Martin does to Stark characters.

Rickon has a George Martin target on his head and if comes out of this alive and with all of his appendages it will be a small miracle.
George RR has already said the TV version will be different from the books. The producers are deciding paths, not George RR.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:25 PM 05-09-2016
Why do you have to respond with an insult? This is just fun speculation about a fantasy TV show. Just state your own opinion. If you can't handle that without insults then maybe this thread is not for you.
That wasn't an insult. It's spirited discussion. Toughen up a bit.

George RR has already said the TV version will be different from the books. The producers are deciding paths, not George RR.
I'm sure it will differ in some ways, but they know what George Martin has planned in at least a general sense and they have like 3 more seasons to fill up. The Starks taking back the North is unlikely this soon in my opinion. I think we probably get to see some satisfying Stark retribution this season, but I doubt we get as far as taking back the North.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Never actively disliked Thorne.

There was very little malicious in the way Thorne went about his business. He simply had his way of seeing the world and a fierce loyalty for the Watch. He'd have put the watch ahead of anything, including Snow.

He didn't stab Jon because he disliked Jon, he did it because he felt Jon was leading the realm to ruin. Ollie, the simpering little shit, was having a temper tantrum. But Thorne was just doing what he felt was right, just as Jon would've done. Was it that much different from Snow taking off Slynt's head because he didn't want to to go East Watch?

I feel like we got 'a moment' there and it was among the best of the series. Thorne took his lickin' like a man; recognized what needed to be done and nobly accepted his punishment. He wasn't awestruck or some bootlicker asking Snow to write to his wife. He owned his play, gave his reasons, and accepted the consequences.
I love the Thorne character. He was pretty prickish early but he thought snow was a bitch. After Mormot died Thorne did 13 kinds of ass kicking. His rants were pretty awesome and his fight with Thoromond was pretty damned impressive.

Him owning it was damn fine writing. Encapsulated his personality completely. Even in death he's resolute. Would not have wanted to be his enemy.

I'm sure it will differ in some ways, but they know what George Martin has planned in at least a general sense and they have like 3 more seasons to fill up. The Starks taking back the North is unlikely this soon in my opinion. I think we probably get to see some satisfying Stark retribution this season, but I doubt we get as far as taking back the North.
If venture a guess that Martin changes the story quite a bit even if he hadn't planned on it before. He seems pretty indignant in interviews.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:37 PM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I love the Thorne character. He was pretty prickish early but he thought snow was a bitch. After Mormot died Thorne did 13 kinds of ass kicking. His rants were pretty awesome and his fight with Thoromond was pretty damned impressive.

Him owning it was damn fine writing. Encapsulated his personality completely. Even in death he's resolute. Would not have wanted to be his enemy.

If venture a guess that Martin changes the story quite a bit even if he hadn't planned on it before. He seems pretty indignant in interviews.
Yeah, well he shouldn't have taken 20 years to finish his story. :-) And I wish I was exaggerating. The first book came out in 1996. Hell it's been 6 years since the show started and he hasn't finished one book in that time. I kinda feel like he needed some help wrapping it all up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 PM 05-09-2016
I post in DC. I'm tough enough.:-)
[Reply]
Brando 11:25 PM 05-09-2016
We have not seem the Ironborn for 2-3 seasons. Now we have a fleet burned up......and we start to see the Ironborn again. If its the same story line as the books, the events took place 2 seasons ago in the TV series timeline.:-)
Not to mention the Dothraki coming back into the story. Would love to see them team up with the Wildlings in the battle against the WW. The conversation between the two should be entertaining to say the least.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:24 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Brando:
Not to mention the Dothraki coming back into the story. Would love to see them team up with the Wildlings in the battle against the WW. The conversation between the two should be entertaining to say the least.
Yeah, I think there's a lot to look forward to as things start to come together. Families that were devoted allies have become enemies. I think some families that have been sworn enemies will become allies. The Dothraki cavalry, the Ironborn navy, the Wildling giants, wargers and berserkers. We'll start to see some long awaited justice, some people get a harsh dose of the reality of the white walkers.

I think we are still a ways off from a lot of that stuff, but it's starting to turn, finally. I think we may get a Stark back in Winterfell by season's end. As much as they slow play everything, we may not.

This really seems like the turning point though. All of the children seem to be taking the lead now. Ramsay is now the lord of Winterfell. The Karstark and Umbridge sons have taken over their respective families and broken vows that would have seemed unbreakable in the early seasons. Theon seems to be on a path to some fate. Sansa is no longer the airheaded little girl and she is finally somewhere other than in the grasp of a villain. Arya has completed or is close to completing her training. Jon has been through the fire and now is on his own path. I think Bran's training will probably go on the rest of the season not only to fill in the backstory of Lyanna and Jon and all that, but because when Bran is done training, shit is gonna get real. I think It will take some time to get up to steam, but it should be interesting.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 335
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up