ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 133 of 141
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:57 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The biggest detriment to the atmosphere will be the fact that most longtime season ticket holders will be priced out of their seats and the diehards will be replaced with a rich wine and cheese crowd.

I hope people understand that’s what will happen with a fancy new stadium.

[Reply]
Katipan 08:27 PM 06-18-2024
The rich wine and cheese crowd from where?

They still have to go to Kansas.
[Reply]
Strongside 08:35 PM 06-18-2024
The wine and cheese crowd assumption cracks me up. So far from the truth.

Tickets today are 500% more expensive than they were 8 years ago.

Still the same blue collar die yards out there every week. We have lost zero guys from our 15 year tailgate crew.

People will come. Maybe you won’t. But if you’re a sour ass then that’s fine anyway.
[Reply]
Fish 08:55 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Has anyone gone from hometown hero status to reviled a**hole status quite like Frank Clark? He screwed Jackson County taxpayers with massive property tax increases (I got a 48% increase) then made sure to completely undermine any efforts by the royals to improve their stadium situation and our downtown.
Fuck you, Frank Clark!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:03 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
When is the last time you were in downtown KCK?
Slaps BBQ about a month ago, why?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
So who’s the real piece of shit at the end of the day here?

Clark Hunt?
John Sherman?
Frank White?
Quinton Lucas?
Mike Parson?
Tom Brady?
Because Parson is the one spending too much time at the buffet to see that he alone let county to fight an adjoining state on their own. It's not over and he could decide to stick it to KS, but I have a feeling that he won't because, well, Jeff City only cares about St. Louis.

It's all good, if the entire state of Kansas and their farmers can build a $2B stadium for me to go to occasionally, good for them. And the KCK Royals still makes me laugh.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:25 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Slaps BBQ about a month ago, why?
Ok, so you were just being totally tongue in cheek then.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 PM 06-18-2024
Ok, so you were just being totally tongue in cheek then.
About the future KCK Royals being funny? No, it's funny...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:30 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
About the future KCK Royals being funny? No, it's funny...
About KCK being a potential landing spot.

Though the thriving dive bar scene there in the Strawberry Hill and Russian Hill neighborhoods would provide the “entertainment district” for people who aren’t content with the games actually being the entertainment.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:37 PM 06-18-2024
About KCK being a potential landing spot.

Though the thriving dive bar scene there in the Strawberry Hill and Russian Hill neighborhoods would provide the “entertainment district” for people who aren’t content with the games actually being the entertainment.
KCK is being floated as a place for Kansas to stick the Royals. If that happens, that's funny.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:06 PM 06-18-2024
The reactions from the “no” vote people who seemed super confident this would just lead to a better proposal to stay will be interesting should they both leave.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The reactions from the “no” vote people who seemed super confident this would just lead to a better proposal to stay will be interesting should they both leave.
Meh, I voted "no", and I'm OK with driving to Kansas to see the occasional Chiefs game. Maybe I'm one of the few who don't mind.

And the KCK Royals is just funny... After they sell off enough good players and go back to the bottom of the league, they'll be the most recent Oakland A's - a shit team in the area's slums.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 PM 06-18-2024
Dave Helling speaking facts

https://youtube.com/shorts/HZrWDgixA...o-gTQoneZeUNUt
[Reply]
tk13 10:05 AM 06-19-2024
A pretty decent convo for the first 20 minutes of Petro's Chiefs podcast about the stadiums. Brought in Sam McDowell who's been very connected on all this from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Wv-_eKX...rZ5ar_DFxb9aY2

McDowell had a lot of good thoughts. He was clear that neither team did a great job here, but at the same time sounded like he's not sure Missouri has the support to make this happen regardless. Definitely not at the state level, and then you have to consider the current stadiums are owned by the county and their executive (Frank White) has not been supportive of this and he's not sure there's the momentum at the county level to override him. Said the Chiefs might not want to do that dance again. Made it sound like the teams are still interested in Missouri but will the state or local governments work with them at all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:30 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Dave Helling speaking facts

https://youtube.com/shorts/HZrWDgixA...o-gTQoneZeUNUt
I can appreciate how emphatic he was about how absent the State of Missouri has been in the events, it's pretty telling. I don't think it would have forced the teams to provide the answers all seek, they want a blank check and no risk, but it's interesting how Missouri doesn't get involved while the State to our west does business as a State.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 141
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137 > Last »
Up