Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eric Murray played 52 snaps.

Jordan Lucas played 24 snaps.

This is still mind bottling. What the fuck does this old geezer see in Murray to give him more than twice the snaps of Lucas.
See: Ron Parker
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They’ve also given up 38 plays of 20 or more yards. You can’t just ignore that kind of stuff because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
I just looked at our first game and 5 of those 20 yard+ big plays were in the 4th quarter when we were up 31-12 and the game was over.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:10 PM 10-30-2018
Oh I know it won't but that doesn't prevent us from keeping the fire burning...
Yeah, I’m hoping he’s removed in whatever way come offseason. We’re stuck with him for now, though. I’d say there’s a better chance of Mahomes revealing himself as the literal second coming of jesus than there is of Bob sutton being fired midseason.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:04 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Talent, he's fine if he has the players to run the scheme he just isn't very good at masking holes, and apparently the GM's we've had don't understand that without a dominant NT and some top of the line safety play this D sucks balls.

That's right. And this bullshit about "Buttons don't need to change his scheme to fit the players"?
Get the fuck outta' here with that. That's what successful coaches do; start making the fucking lemonade Bob-o, cause' those are the only fucking lemons you're going to get this year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:29 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
That's right. And this bullshit about "Buttons don't need to change his scheme to fit the players"?
Get the fuck outta' here with that. That's what successful coaches do; start making the fucking lemonade Bob-o, cause' those are the only fucking lemons you're going to get this year.
Werthers is lucky to not shit his depends on game day
[Reply]
-King- 11:33 PM 10-30-2018
Eric Murray played 52 snaps.

Jordan Lucas played 24 snaps.

This is still mind bottling. What the fuck does this old geezer see in Murray to give him more than twice the snaps of Lucas.
Why are you still going on about this like it made a difference in the game?

How bad is the talent on the defense that you're actually making multiple posts about the snaps Jordan Lucas gets vs the snaps Eric Murray gets?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:43 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Werthers is lucky to not shit his depends on game day

:-)

Good ol' Capn' Metamucil McSlapdick reporting for duty!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:46 AM 10-31-2018
this is the thing for me-

IF your system is so complicated that you can't get superior physical talent on the field because they can't figure out their responsibilities
AND even the veteran players you have still are unsure of where they're supposed to be

AND players that were brought in for their aggressive attributes in the offseason look lost and tentative
THEN you MUST simplify the scheme to take advantage of what you have.

This is a WWBBD moment. Every year, the Pats utilize the talent they have, bending scheme to best allow the players to make plays. It's Belicheck's best attribute in my opinion.

If your zone responsibilities are just too damned complicated, then **** it. Put your most physically talented players on the field and man up with a one or two deep shell.

O'Daniel should be on the field in nickel and dime with the RB's number tattooed on his forehead.

Lucas and Sorensen should be your safety tandem. Rags and Hitchens on running downs. AND ATTACK.

Tremon Smith is the second fastest player on the team, he needs to see snaps at CB, spelling Nelson. Let's see if the physical ability can turn into production. At any rate, he can run with the receivers downfield that torch Nelson.

If you're going to ****ing get beat, get beat physically, not by being confused.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:49 AM 10-31-2018
They’ve also given up 38 plays of 20 or more yards. You can’t just ignore that kind of stuff because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
It's not really that shocking considering they're starting guys at safety they signed off the street after training camp though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:50 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why are you still going on about this like it made a difference in the game?

How bad is the talent on the defense that you're actually making multiple posts about the snaps Jordan Lucas gets vs the snaps Eric Murray gets?
Posted via Mobile Device
Because, you fucking idiot, Lucas is clearly better than Murray, despite having a hell of a lot less playing time.

This is a massive flaw in Suttons thinking. He'll go with experience over talent. When the defense is this consistently awful, that's just an extremely stupid way to do things.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:52 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IF your system is so complicated that you can't get superior physical talent on the field because they can't figure out their responsibilities
AND even the veteran players you have still are unsure of where they're supposed to be
AND players that were brought in for their aggressive attributes in the offseason look lost and tentative
This is a WWBBD moment. Every year, the Pats utilize the talent they have, bending scheme to best allow the players to make plays. It's Belicheck's best attribute in my opinion.
If your zone responsibilities are just too damned complicated, then **** it. Put your most physically talented players on the field and man up with a one or two deep shell.
O'Daniel should be on the field in nickel and dime with the RB's number tattooed on his forehead. Lucas and Sorensen should be your safety tandem. Rags and Hitchens on running downs. AND ATTACK. Tremon Smith is the second fastest player on the team, he needs to see snaps at CB, spelling Nelson. Let's see if the physical ability can turn into production. At any rate, he can run with the receivers downfield that torch Nelson.
If you're going to ****ing get beat, get beat physically, not by being confused.
I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but you gotta format your posts better.

Most people see shit like that on a MB they'll skip right past it and not even read what you posted. Let me help:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AND even the veteran players you have still are unsure of where they're supposed to be.

AND players that were brought in for their aggressive attributes in the offseason look lost and tentative.

If your zone responsibilities are just too damned complicated, then **** it. Put your most physically talented players on the field and man up with a one or two deep shell. O'Daniel should be on the field in nickel and dime with the RB's number tattooed on his forehead. Lucas and Sorensen should be your safety tandem. Rags and Hitchens on running downs. AND ATTACK. Tremon Smith is the second fastest player on the team, he needs to see snaps at CB, spelling Nelson.

Let's see if the physical ability can turn into production. At any rate, he can run with the receivers downfield that torch Nelson.

Give it some air man.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:53 AM 10-31-2018
Because, you ****ing idiot, Lucas is clearly better than Murray, despite having a hell of a lot less playing time.

This is a massive flaw in Suttons thinking. He'll go with experience over talent. When the defense is this consistently awful, that's just an extremely stupid way to do things.
this is what I'm saying-he'll play the vet that "knows the system" over a younger, faster, more talented player because the younger guy can't make the reads.
Never mind that the vet often can't make the reads either, ala Parker and Murray.
Simplify the FUCKING SYSTEM and get the talent on the goddamned field.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but you gotta format your posts better.

Most people see shit like that on a MB they'll skip right past it and not even read what you posted. Let me help:

Give it some air man.
lolz. Fixed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:57 AM 10-31-2018
Even worse, Ron Parker played every single defensive snap against the Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I just looked at our first game and 5 of those 20 yard+ big plays were in the 4th quarter when we were up 31-12 and the game was over.
That doesn't matter. When you give up huge chunks of yards, you eventually give up points, sometimes quickly.

The whole point of prevent is to PREVENT scoring, not accelerate it.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 298
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up