« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:09 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Goddamnit you know what I mean. Look, you're a fan. That's fine. All I'm saying is, I don't believe in him OR Dorsey the way some of you do.

That's it, nothing more, and we shall see. I'm done talking about the little prick.
haha. Fair enough.

I'm not a huge Dorsey fan; I see the problems as well as the plusses. I'm not sorry he's gone, but I wish him well.

I am a Mayfield fan. Do you just hate OU? Curious as to why you hate him so much. It's not like he's...Big Ben or something.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:09 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Andy Reid > John Dorsey
Browns roster > Chiefs
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:10 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Browns roster > Chiefs
when you pick first every fucking year, I'd hope so.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 AM 03-23-2019
Expound, please. FDF.
I'm not going to look up a bunch of links, but Clark, very uncharacteristically said communication was a problem and went into way more detail than he ever has about anything. Typically he'd just say we thought it was better to move on or whatever like he's done with everyone else.

Then Dorsey waited a year for a new job. You'd think if Dorsey wanted to get out of Reid's shadow, he'd simply find a new GM job. That wasn't the case.

Then when Veach took over Clark very loudly said stuff about communication and professionalism and shit that would be easily connected to Dorsey.

Like I said, I don't have any hard evidence, just doesn't pass the sniff test.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:12 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when you pick first every ****ing year, I'd hope so.
Yeah Dorsey didnt churn that roster at all :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:18 AM 03-23-2019
Yeah Dorsey didnt churn that roster at all :-)
PICKING FIRST. In each round.

There's really no excuse but incompetence for an NFL team to be the worst team in the league for multiple years.

Clearly, Dorsey is not incompetent, at least in acquiring talent although his predecessors were and he hit a home run with a QB...PICKING FIRST. That's still no small feat, as lots of flame-out QB's were picked first IN CLEVELAND for decades.

Also, due to the team being shite for so long, there weren't stars he had to pay, so they have cap room.

IN KC, we had some fat underperforming contracts we needed to get out from under. Ironically, signed by Dorsey. And we've been consistently good so we've been picking in the #20's for years now. It's not really a good comparison in those simple of terms.

But we have THE QB of his generation, and so all is well. Dorsey has probably the #2 young QB in the league, and so they should do well also.

I'm not sure why y'all see everything in such black and white terms. Life doesn't work that way.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:21 AM 03-23-2019
I am a Mayfield fan. Do you just hate OU? Curious as to why you hate him so much. It's not like he's...Big Ben or something.
There are some who don't like his moxie. I do like it because we have not had it around here since Lenny. Big difference between posing and producing. In the beginning it could be very easily be interpreted as "big mouth posing" BUT from mid-season on last year the kid produced. Granted it was against easier competition BUT he produced when presented the opportunity. We'll definitely know more about him this year against tougher competition.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:25 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That wasn't the case.
Nope, especially after you drafted Mahomes?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 03-23-2019
Browns roster > Chiefs
How many top 10 picks have they had? How many years have they had multiple 1st round picks?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:27 AM 03-23-2019
haha. Fair enough.

I'm not a huge Dorsey fan; I see the problems as well as the plusses. I'm not sorry he's gone, but I wish him well.

I don't like other teams or QB's trying to steal Mahome's spotlight when they haven't produced the way the Chiefs and Mahomes have. The media is trying to sell Cleveland as "Chiefs east", and I think it's bullshit. Until they win their division consistently and start hosting AFCCG's, it's nothing but speculation and hot air.

Browns roster > Chiefs
Motherfuck you. Browns cap space pre-Dorsey>>>Chiefs cap space POST-Dorsey.

People need to stop riding that fools cock. If Veach and the Chiefs were loaded and handing out money like drunken Billay's at a plus-size strip bar, we could have a bunch of big name, high dollar FA's on our roster too.

Of course, the difference would be that those FA's would be here for the privileges of playing with Mahomes and being coached by Reid AS WELL AS THE MONEY.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm not going to look up a bunch of links, but Clark, very uncharacteristically said communication was a problem and went into way more detail than he ever has about anything. Typically he'd just say we thought it was better to move on or whatever like he's done with everyone else.

Then Dorsey waited a year for a new job. You'd think if Dorsey wanted to get out of Reid's shadow, he'd simply find a new GM job. That wasn't the case.

Then when Veach took over Clark very loudly said stuff about communication and professionalism and shit that would be easily connected to Dorsey.

Like I said, I don't have any hard evidence, just doesn't pass the sniff test.
It's cool man. I just like having as much info. about that situation as I can.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:27 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
There are some who don't like his moxie. I do like it because we have not had it around here since Lenny. Big difference between posing and producing. In the beginning it could be very easily be interpreted as "big mouth posing" BUT from mid-season on last year the kid produced. Granted it was against easier competition BUT he produced when presented the opportunity. We'll definitely know more about him this year against tougher competition.:-)
I literally laughed out loud during the press conference after the game where he threw 3 TD's when he said he just woke up that morning and 'felt dangerous'.

fucking hilarious.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:30 AM 03-23-2019
I think Ballard is the better GM than Dorsey.

Dorsey’s first draft wasn’t that good if you take out Baker, who was pretty obvious of a pick.

Taking a short, frail CB over Chubb was retarded. He also got his Eric Fisher in Austin Corbett :-)
He took a RB and Fisher clone while Ballard got Darius Leonard and Braden Smith a few picks later.

He’s learned nothing from his time here. He’s already spending like a motherfucker and bringing in extremely difficult personalities. Shit John, you’d think the Marcus Peters fiasco would have taught you something. Nope...gotta get OBJ.

Give it a couple years when Dorsey doesn’t have it easy anymore and you’ll see the same thing happen that happened here. Dorsey is good, but he’s got some major flaws.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:33 AM 03-23-2019
I don't like other teams or QB's trying to steal Mahome's spotlight when they haven't produced the way the Chiefs and Mahomes have. The media is trying to sell Cleveland as "Chiefs east", and I think it's bullshit. Until they win their division consistently and start hosting AFCCG's.
Well, to be fair; Reid (and Dorsey) built a consistent winner here. So Cleveland is a little like if we'd drafted Mahomes and started him the year after we kicked Pioli out.

And as Dorsey was a big part of that turnaround (and he was, don't get it twisted) plus, they have what looks to be the second best young QB in football, Chiefs east is the picture they'll paint.

Unless things go horribly wrong, Cleveland should be a play-off team this year. Mayfield has weapons, and a decent defense.

I just don't get why we have to vilify opponents.

I think they're going to be the Brady/Manning rivalry of the next decade plus and it's going to be awesome football to watch.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:36 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Dorsey’s first draft wasn’t that good if you take out Baker, who was pretty obvious of a pick.

Taking a short, frail CB over Chubb was retarded. He also got his Eric Fisher in Austin Corbett :-)
He took a RB and Fisher clone while Ballard got Darius Leonard and Braden Smith a few picks later.

He’s learned nothing from his time here. He’s already spending like a mother****er and bringing in extremely difficult personalities. Shit John, you’d think the Marcus Peters fiasco would have taught you something. Nope...gotta get OBJ.

Give it a couple years when Dorsey doesn’t have it easy anymore and you’ll see the same thing happen that happened here. Dorsey is good, but he’s got some major flaws.
I disagree.

The Browns' 2017 draft looks far from bad so far.

Im not the type to say everyone is good but Dorsey, Ballard and Veach are three very good GMs IMO.

The Browns will be a force for years after years and years of being the laughing stock of the league. That' John Dorsey for you.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:36 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

He’s learned nothing from his time here. He’s already spending like a mother****er and bringing in extremely difficult personalities. Shit John, you’d think the Marcus Peters fiasco would have taught you something. Nope...gotta get OBJ.

NO, NO. Mayfield was nobody's consensus #1. NOBODY. go back and look.

landing a franchise QB is really difficult. I don't think any of the other of the guys will be one. Dorsey got it right. Just because he fucked our cap up doesn't mean he's incompetent.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 137
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136 > Last »
Up