ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1314 of 2138
« First < 31481412141264130413101311131213131314 13151316131713181324136414141814 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The 10pm thread (archived)
crazycoffey 10:00 PM 01-05-2007
The big anti-hijack thread.....
Talk about anything, but if this works than we don't have to keep looking around all the threads to see who is still on tonight, and every night, or even every day! Talk about the chiefs, talk about tomorrow, talk about football, politics or even how to do flooring and the applicable budget. What you're drinking, how hard it is to sleep, etc. Every thing is acceptable in this thread.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=2 see for yourself, it is ten o'clock somewhere.
DenverChief 03:01 AM 05-15-2007
Random thought:

Does anyone still use APB...all I ever see are BOLO's
keg in kc 03:02 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Yeah I hear ya...I had it a couple of weeks ago when I went to sonic and ordered a supersonic breakfast burrito w/ tots and an ocean water...got all the way home and had a hamburger...WTF?!? and it wasn't the first time they screwed up my order but it was the last
Pizza's the other problem. Early in the month, I did Papa Murphy's, and then less than a week later decided to I wanted Papa John's delivered.

Been cooking ever since, thankfully. Actually ate cantaloupe and strawberries for a snack yesterday. I'm surprised my intestines haven't gone on strike. They probably will later, after I start to eat salad.

Even more than the weight, the expense is the killer for me. It's been a slow spring work-wise, and I can spend as much in two days of eating out as I do in a week+ at the grocery.
DenverChief 03:02 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by Miles:
Umm....No.

that is budget wine no? :-)
DenverChief 03:03 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Pizza's the other problem. Early in the month, I did Papa Murphy's, and then less than a week later decided to I wanted Papa John's delivered.

Been cooking ever since, thankfully. Actually ate cantaloupe and strawberries for a snack yesterday. I'm surprised my intestines haven't gone on strike. They probably will later, after I start to eat salad.

Even more than the weight, the expense is the killer for me. It's been a slow spring work-wise, and I can spend as much in two days of eating out as I do in a week+ at the grocery.

Oh yeah the prices are getting out of hand $7 for a burger, fries and drink from McD's
keg in kc 03:07 AM 05-15-2007
I learned a weird lesson about portion sizes, too.

About a month ago, the folks where I work decided to have Taco Bell. Not wanting to take advantage of their generosity, I only asked for a soft taco and an order of zesty nachos.

They added an empenada, but the moral of the story is that, while I'd usually get at least 3 soft tacos, nachos and a huge drink, and often a lot more (to the tune of 8 or 9 bucks at Taco Hell, which is saying something) I was *full* on 1 zesty nacho, 1 soft taco and 1 caramel apple empenada.

Talking about this is making me want to get tacos tomorrow. Taco Hell really is the most economical. I can get 3 soft tacos and an iced tea for $3.75.
DenverChief 03:08 AM 05-15-2007
Oh yeah the prices are getting out of hand $7 for a burger, fries and drink from McD's

$.99 for a 2 liter of soda, $3 for a 1 lb bag-o-fries and $3 for 1 lb of hamburger that will last me a week of eating a burger fries and soda
DenverChief 03:09 AM 05-15-2007
I learned a weird lesson about portion sizes, too.

About a month ago, the folks where I work decided to have Taco Bell. Not wanting to take advantage of their generosity, I only asked for a soft taco and an order of zesty nachos.

They added an empenada, but the moral of the story is that, while I'd usually get at least 3 soft tacos, nachos and a huge drink, and often a lot more (to the tune of 8 or 9 bucks at Taco Hell, which is saying something) I was *full* on 1 zesty nacho, 1 soft taco and 1 caramel apple empenada.

Talking about this is making me want to get tacos tomorrow. Taco Hell really is the most economical. I can get 3 soft tacos and an iced tea for $3.75.

Keep reminding yourself toxic hell instead of "taco" hell and it will help
DenverChief 03:10 AM 05-15-2007
Pizza's the other problem.

And WTF is up with $20 for a large pizza? I mean really! $4 for a frozen pizza from the grocery
keg in kc 03:10 AM 05-15-2007
$.99 for a 2 liter of soda, $3 for a 1 lb bag-o-fries and $3 for 1 lb of hamburger that will last me a week of eating a burger fries and soda
I think I need to start doing that. The downside is that I can't grill out here. There's an overland park ordinance against charcoal/gas grilling in apartment complexes. I may be the only person who observes it, but that's how I am.

Maybe I should drag my grill out into the middle of the lawn.
Miles 03:10 AM 05-15-2007
that is budget wine no? :-)
More of wino budget. For getting you drunk boxed wine probably packs more of a punch than cheep beer. Though I guess budget is a relative term. I was thinking under $10 a bottle.
DenverChief 03:11 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by Miles:
More of wino budget. For getting you drunk boxed wine probably packs more of a punch than cheep beer. Though I guess budget is a relative term. I was thinking under $10 a bottle.
ahhh...I'm a hard lemonade kinda guy anyway...better hangovers
keg in kc 03:12 AM 05-15-2007
And WTF is up with $20 for a large pizza? I mean really! $4 for a frozen pizza from the grocery
That's why I do Papa Murphy's (that's the take home and bake pizza). 6.99 for a large pepperoni. Really good pizza, too.
DenverChief 03:13 AM 05-15-2007
I think I need to start doing that. The downside is that I can't grill out here. There's an overland park ordinance against charcoal/gas grilling in apartment complexes. I may be the only person who observes it, but that's how I am.

Maybe I should drag my grill out into the middle of the lawn.

:-) I have noticed residents of apts around here grill in the courtyard area....I never really looked into the law I think they just prohibit doing it on the balcony
DenverChief 03:13 AM 05-15-2007
That's why I do Papa Murphy's (that's the take home and bake pizza). 6.99 for a large pepperoni. Really good pizza, too.

ahh...never had papa murphy's...sound slike I just might sometime in the near future....are they 24 hours?
Miles 03:15 AM 05-15-2007
Keep reminding yourself toxic hell instead of "taco" hell and it will help
Thinking of what the meat at taco bell looks and taste like is enough to keep me away except for the rare drunken night when there are no other options.
Page 1314 of 2138
« First < 31481412141264130413101311131213131314 13151316131713181324136414141814 > Last »
Up