« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:08 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I think he was really injured and had to play through pain but i don't think, as so many fans on here like to say, he "played on one leg". Some of that was for one of those 'moments' that people love so much in sports.

Big Ben used to eat that shit up.
Big Ben was a playmaker warrior. Joe is a boring statue pocket guy not capable of taking over a game.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:12 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's just a fun way of saying it... yeah, it blows it out of proportion if you're taking it literally, but I don't think people say it so everyone can envision him hopping on one leg like immediately after it happened in the Jags game.

And some people have stretched it into even Mahomes making it look worse than it was... :-)
I think, in pretty much every sport, players will play it up more than it is. Not initially but once things are stable, guys are looking for that iconic moment.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:14 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I would never go to a rivals board in general,
What are you afraid of?
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:16 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Big Ben was a playmaker warrior. Joe is a boring statue pocket guy not capable of taking over a game.
Big Ben was a douchy, serial rapist, injury faking pussy.
[Reply]
wazu 11:16 AM 09-26-2023
I think, in pretty much every sport, players will play it up more than it is. Not initially but once things are stable, guys are looking for that iconic moment.
I felt like he was doing the opposite. He kept saying he was "fine" over and over and insisting things were okay for the most part. It was hard to believe that considering what we know about high ankle sprains, but he kept pushing that he was all good. The one moment where he dropped that whole act was near the end of the first half in the Super Bowl because it finally just hurt too bad for him to not.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 AM 09-26-2023
I didn't hear anything from Mahomes specific that made it sound worse than it was, but I don't pay attention much to sports media and interviews.. and doing anything in-game to make it more dramatic would be pretty childish and even show a lack of focus... when he's screaming on the sidelines, I really doubt he was doing it for the cameras. Dude's a professional, not some backyard football bullshit.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:47 AM 09-26-2023
lol. Got it. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:15 PM 09-26-2023

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:50 PM 09-26-2023

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:44 PM 09-26-2023
Who threw a TD in a Superbowl to take the lead at the end of the game... I think someone else had that opportunity and didn't...
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:53 PM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I didn't hear anything from Mahomes specific that made it sound worse than it was, but I don't pay attention much to sports media and interviews.. and doing anything in-game to make it more dramatic would be pretty childish and even show a lack of focus... when he's screaming on the sidelines, I really doubt he was doing it for the cameras. Dude's a professional, not some backyard football bullshit.

Come on now. It's possible to say Patrick is as human as anyone else and capable of playing to the moment without besmirching his reputation.
[Reply]
Spott 02:13 PM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Who threw a TD in a Superbowl to take the lead at the end of the game... I think someone else had that opportunity and didn't...
Sounds like a guy that has two more Super Bowl rings than any team in bumfuck ohio will ever have.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:18 PM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Lol:-):-):-):-) Burn baby burn.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:03 PM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Sounds like a guy that has two more Super Bowl rings than any team in bumfuck ohio will ever have.
I think the Canton Bulldogs or some ancient fossil of a team once won an NFL Championship.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:28 PM 09-26-2023

Come on now. It's possible to say Patrick is as human as anyone else and capable of playing to the moment without besmirching his reputation.
If the Bengals lost last night, I was going to do an old yeller gif of Burrow... oh come on, the calf will heal!

[Reply]
Page 130 of 272
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Up