ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Zay Jones scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Thursday [signed with Arizona]
wazu 07:56 PM 05-08-2024

Former Jaguars WR Zay Jones is scheduled to visit Thursday with the Kansas City Chiefs, per league sources.

After Jacksonville released him last week, Jones has visited the Titans, Cardinals and Cowboys - with the Chiefs on deck. pic.twitter.com/thxVqQOvL8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 9, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:33 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Grunny has always been pretty close to the vibe with the Chiefs. He doesn’t break news but he definitely knows when the Chiefs feel a certain way about a situation.

He was very direct that he didn’t think Donovan Smith was coming back and the Chiefs want to have Wanya and Kingsley battle for LT.
In Veach we trust. I guess but.... if they blow another SB, blow a chance at a 3peat because Mahomes is running for his life all game, I'll not be so forgiving.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
In Veach we trust. I guess but.... if they blow another SB, blow a chance at a 3peat because Mahomes is running for his life all game, I'll not be so forgiving.
I’m sure Veach and the Chiefs really give a shit about your opinion.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:34 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Why would Donovan Smith want to come back?

He isn't coming back without basically being guaranteed the starter spot and if you do that why are you drafting OT's?

It to mean seems like he's only coming back if he legit has no offers and he's fine being a backup if he gets beaten out.
There has been no smoke about Smith for any team which was similar to Danna. Which makes me think they have some sort of agreement but want to see what the young guys do and since he is a veteran he doesn't need minicamp or OTA's.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:36 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Whens the last time we had a guy visit leave and then sign? Doesnt seem like it happens
It might be because they see the practice facilities and practice locker room
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 05-10-2024
:-)

You're still trying to blame the entire OL falling apart due to injuries on Veach?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:36 AM 05-10-2024
I think signing Zay Jones is kind of important honestly, we don't want to be stuck with having to rely on Toney or Moore taking real snaps.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:40 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think we're ultimately teasing ourselves, here.

I still think the Chiefs want Donovan Smith, so I don't think they're going to offer anything to Zay, but they'll do the same thing they did to DeAndre Hopkins (reportedly) and offer him a smaller deal on paper but offer him analysis that suggests he'll more than make up for it in endorsements.

There will be a conversation, but I bet it goes nowhere, the team will use its money to pay Donovan Smith, and sign Mecole Hardman for pennies right before training camp.
I don't think they want Smith anymore, unless someone gets injured. I think that's the only way any team signs Smith is due to injury. They have Morris and Kingsley and I'm sure they are going to give one of them every shot to grab the start LT spot.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:40 AM 05-10-2024
It’s not Veach’s fault that his starting LT, RT and LG all had season ending injuries. Also not his fault that LDT wanted to be a Dr early and Niang opted out.

Ever since that game Veach has gone hardcore on the OL depth. Even last year he added Wanya as a swing tackle and had Allegretti who were both out to good use. Did you know our old starting C Austin Reiter was on the PS? Veach basically had 2 layers of depth for the IOL and tackle. Now he added three OL in this draft.

Idk what to tell you. Any team losing that much on the OL in one season is gonna struggle. The Chiefs even making it to the SB with that much turnover was amazing.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:40 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s an old player that’s had hindering injuries for 2 years straight and was top 5 in pressures allowed. He’s not exactly marketable.

The bar is pretty damn low for Kingsley IMO
Kingsley's athletic ability alone is going to be enough to keep him from getting worked too badly. Plus, Mahomes has become quite accustomed to having to deal with pressure from the left side, I'm not even really sure it phases him anymore. I think they're tired of the revolving door and are just going to let one of these young guys take the job, which I am fine with.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:45 AM 05-10-2024
They must really see major improvement potential in Wanya Morris… because to have him as the back-up option in case Kingsley struggles is somewhat concerning.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 05-10-2024
Why can't Kingsley just do what Smith does? I mean, that's a low bar.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:55 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

You're still trying to blame the entire OL falling apart due to injuries on Veach?
Yes, it's Veach's fault that both starting T got injured. He should have been prepared and signed a LT the week before the SB after Fisher went down! There were so many elite LT. It's probably Veach's fault that the starting OL in the SB all played like shit. Remmers was serviceable at RT, but got exposed when he was moved to LT. Wylie was forced to move from his starting guard spot to RT. We had to move Stefen Wisniewski a guy that only played in 5 games all season and was with a different team to begin the year to replace Wylie at guard. Damn Veach for not having a good option for a 4th tackle and a 4th fucking guard! Idiot!
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:01 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought Smith played great in the playoffs. Did I miss something?
[Reply]
crispystl 12:07 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m sure Veach and the Chiefs really give a shit about your opinion.
Or anyone else for that matter….
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:13 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
BYU aint Division II football but how many times did he face a Bosa level DE? That he will face in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up