ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official Kadarius Toney Thread****
Megatron96 02:18 AM 11-14-2022
All things Yung Joka here

The interview is interesting. Kadarius shows a lot of intelligence with his answers to the football-related questions. And a great work ethic. Think Veach was onto something with this kid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The line between 'hurt' and 'injured' is virtually non-existent when it comes to soft-tissue injuries.

How many times over how many years do you think Andy got burned by this sort of thing before he came to this hyper-cautious approach?

Imma defer to him on this one. If he wants to make sure a guy is back and healthy and THEN rests another week to be extra sure - okay. His experience in the game says he has his reasons and then some.
I can agree with this.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:05 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The line between 'hurt' and 'injured' is virtually non-existent when it comes to soft-tissue injuries.

How many times over how many years do you think Andy got burned by this sort of thing before he came to this hyper-cautious approach?

Imma defer to him on this one. If he wants to make sure a guy is back and healthy and THEN rests another week to be extra sure - okay. His experience in the game says he has his reasons and then some.
I mean it's not like we have the Chargers Medical staff here, so ya Trust the Reid on this one
[Reply]
O.city 04:05 PM 11-21-2022
The reality of the situation the Chiefs find themselves in is that these games don't really matter.

I mean they do, but we all know it's just hobbknobbing around until January. Get/be healthy then.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:05 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Guys play hurt all the time. Sometimes guys that can probably still play get sat for precautionary reasons. Andy does it all the time. This is nothing new.
With hamstrings, I'd prefer to give him as much time as he needs to get healthy. You don't want it re-injured due to not giving it enough time to heal.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:06 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I mean it's not like we have the Chargers Medical staff here, so ya Trust the Reid on this one
No, but we had to play on their shitty field.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:13 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The reality of the situation the Chiefs find themselves in is that these games don't really matter.

I mean they do, but we all know it's just hobbknobbing around until January. Get/be healthy then.
And it's a great situation to be in.

Just look at the Chargers. They rushed Mike Williams back too fast and he re-injured his ankle on his first fucking catch.

Then they had to play Keenan Allen way more than they intended, which risked re-injury for him as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No, but we had to play on their shitty field.
This.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:27 PM 11-21-2022
And it's a great situation to be in.

Just look at the Chargers. They rushed Mike Williams back too fast and he re-injured his ankle on his first fucking catch.

Then they had to play Keenan Allen way more than they intended, which risked re-injury for him as well.
2 weeks is not remotely enough time for a high ankle sprain any dipshit knows that, that's on them.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:28 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
2 weeks is not remotely enough time for a high ankle sprain any dipshit knows that, that's on them.
I beleive it was 3, but still too early.

It's obvious that hey rushed him and Allen back because it was the biggest game of their season.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:28 PM 11-21-2022

It's obvious that hey rushed him and Allen back because it was the biggest game of their season.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:31 PM 11-21-2022

They're also very close to having to gut that team, Herberts contract is coming due, they're over next years cap with little wiggle room in 2 years they're something stupid like 35 mill over and that's without a Herbert contract..

Guys like Allen and Williams are going to be cut soon.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:46 PM 11-21-2022
They're also very close to having to gut that team, Herberts contract is coming due, they're over next years cap with little wiggle room in 2 years they're something stupid like 35 mill over and that's without a Herbert contract..

Chiefs could use Keenan Allen.

:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:51 PM 11-21-2022
So that answers the question if he really was injured, doesn't it?

I guess that's a good thing.

Rest him. Let him learn the playbook and then get his ass ready for the last 3-4 games of the season before the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 11-21-2022

The way most of these QB deals are being structured, I'd be surprised if they have a cap issue with Herbert until 2026. Year 1 (2025) will have a lowish number and year 2 will probably end up getting bonused out anyway for one final push in w/ him on his rookie deal.

Like Buffalo, the answer is to just keep getting better rather than waiting for them to atrophy because I don't see anything impossible in their salary structures.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:01 PM 11-21-2022
When does it get to the point the NFLPA steps in and does something about the Chargers medical team? Holy fucknuckles, the careers they've seriously altered if not outright ruined due to their incompetence.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:03 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
When does it get to the point the NFLPA steps in and does something about the Chargers medical team? Holy fucknuckles, the careers they've seriously altered if not outright ruined due to their incompetence.
Medial team? It's the field, man.

Look what that field did to the Chiefs. Took out CEH, took out Thornhill, reaggro'd Toney.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up