ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Until last year, you'd have been correct.

But last year's Raider's squad had just about anything a young QB could want. A good veteran possession receiver, a young burner, a solid power running game and a hell of an offensive line. Their defense has arguably the best pass-rusher on the planet and enough of a decent supporting cast to be average at worst.

The Raiders were a good team last year....yet he still struggled against us and yes, I'm calling that Texans game shady as shit.

I think Derek Carr's a good young QB and if Mahomes develops on the same arc as Carr, we'd be elated. But there are no more excuses to make for him. He has the weapons to succeed and he had them last year as well. He has the experience and the opportunity. Now he has the contract that pays him like the best QB in football.

So if he's to earn that money, he'd better keep himself firmly ensconced in the MVP dialogue because there's no excuse not to anymore.
True

And there's no way he should have been in the MVP race. Look at his yards per attempt and his performances against good teams. I like him and he's definitely ascending but that seemed premature
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Where are the retards telling me Carr's contract was going to be frontloaded and they would be in cap hell soon?

Freakin' double standards around here...
Nah

But they're going away from having a rookie qb deal outperformed by cart.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
'delayed cash flow'....uh, isn't that just backloading? Same as virtually every NFL contract signed these days?
I'm guessing it's even more backloaded than usual though, taking into account the Nevada part of the deal. They probably just shifted a crap ton of money to years three and four, which is in his best interests from a tax standpoint anyway.
[Reply]
notorious 10:39 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
the dude has thrown 81 TD vs only 31 int in just 3 seasons and went from winning 3 games in his 1st season to winning 12 last year...

If he didn't break his leg they probably win the division...

the guy avergaed 262 YPG last season

now, don't get me wrong....im not saying he deserves 25 mil a season but 'he hasn't done jack shit' is pretty ridiculous....

Show me another rookie who went to a loser team as bad as the raiders and started immediately and turned the ship around with better stats than him...

I mean the guy is their future..and has taken them to their 1st winning season in like 15 years..'he hasn't done jack shit' to me means you havent seen this kid play
Yep.

If Mahomes has those numbers his first few years this place will blows loads so hard Jupiter will be knocked from orbit.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:49 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
He hasn't been very good against good teams for the most part, but the team around him has also been awful.
He lost in 3 games last year --

Twice to us..and one of those we took him out of the game via a broken leg

and one of the games he lost to atlanta by 1 TD..early in the season...

I mean....they are going to win the division handily this upcoming season, or at least they should.....barring something strange..
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 06-22-2017
He lost in 3 games last year --

Twice to us..and one of those we took him out of the game via a broken leg

and one of the games he lost to atlanta by 1 TD..early in the season...

I mean....they are going to win the division handily this upcoming season, or at least they should.....barring something strange..
:-)

Funny how you won't give the Chiefs any credit whatsoever for the last 4 years, but you're real quick to suck off the Raiders and Carr even when the Chiefs continue to have their number.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:55 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Funny how you won't give the Chiefs any credit whatsoever for the last 4 years, but you're real quick to suck off the Raiders and Carr even when the Chiefs continue to have their number.
such lies..

nothing, literally nothing you said is true..

Ive been cheering the chiefs on in every win...ANd literally what i said here was 'carr has done MORE than jack shit'...

Im sorry if that hurts your feelings...would it make you feel any better if i mindlessly agreed that carr hasnt done 'jack shit' you little ****ing fairy?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 06-22-2017
It depends on the numbers. Backloading the deal could be worse bc they will be paying Mack and Cooper elite money with their new deals by that time.

But they have no choice. No way did Carr do this deal without structuring it to save millions with the move to Nevada.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:57 AM 06-22-2017
Pawn has lost his mind. Faid and Carr are our bitch until proven otherwise.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:58 AM 06-22-2017
Somebody relay my posts to Freighters please
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:00 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
...... More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.
Sounds like some cap-tomfoolery to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 06-22-2017
such lies..

nothing, literally nothing you said is true..

Ive been cheering the chiefs on in every win...ANd literally what i said here was 'carr has done MORE than jack shit'...

Im sorry if that hurts your feelings...would it make you feel any better if i mindlessly agreed that carr hasnt done 'jack shit' you little ****ing fairy?
You're a Chiefs fan that literally just said the Raiders should win the division handily while completely ignoring that we've owned them and their QB for the last two years. You give the Chiefs shit for only winning one playoff game, but you're ready to crown the Raiders before they've done jack shit. It's pretty obvious that like Clay, you're giving the Raiders way more credit than they deserve, while conituing to say shit like the Chiefs are "down".
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:02 AM 06-22-2017
Raiders "win handily" :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:03 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Pawn has lost his mind. Faid and Carr are our bitch until proven otherwise.
The Raiders are more than 2x as likely to win a superbowl than us...and almost 2x as likely to win the afc championship

They are only slight favorites to win the AFC west currently....so you could be correct in that they will be our bitch still...but they ARE favored
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:05 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
you're giving the Raiders way more credit than they deserve, while conituing to say shit like the Chiefs are "down".
Yes, its just me giving them credit....its not the oddsmakers and analysts...

[Reply]
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up