ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>EV Cars/Trucks
Chief Pagan 05:26 PM Yesterday
Approximately 46% of Americans who own an EV want to go back to a standard vehicle for their next purchase

One poll without context, I'm not sure how much faith I would put it in.

Do 46% want to replace their EV with an ICE? Or are they multi car families and their next purchase will be an ICE replacement for an ICE?

Most EVs are being bought by families that also have an ICE or at least a hybrid and I can understand why. For multi car families with a garage, a commuter, around town EV can be great.

That is a lot households but certainly leaves a lot of people out.

Building up new infrastructure is hard.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They definitely will due to the instant torque, but it's usually not near as fun since a vast majority are FWD.

I actually have to replace the tires on my wife's Leaf faster than I'd like because it's easy to burn a little rubber off the line.
I would have thought modern electronics would have prevented tires from slipping.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They definitely will due to the instant torque, but it's usually not near as fun since a vast majority are FWD.

I actually have to replace the tires on my wife's Leaf faster than I'd like because it's easy to burn a little rubber off the line.
I wondered about that since electric motors have such instant response and wind up.

A few years ago there were a few electric motor dragsters showing up but I haven't seen anything about them lately.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:48 PM Yesterday
I was told to no longer accept EV from the manufacturer I work for, regardless of allocation or consequences~
[Reply]
neech 06:18 PM Yesterday
And I remember just months ago a few people on here saying that EV’s were the best thing. They would never admit there was an issue with them.

Of course, these were from people who actually bought them, they would never admit if there was a mistake you know that.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by neech:
And I remember just months ago a few people on here saying that EV’s were the best thing. They would never admit there was an issue with them.

Of course, these were from people who actually bought them, they would never admit if there was a mistake you know that.
I mean, I love ours. If I didn't have to frequently drive 10 hours across I70 in Western KS, I'd own two.
[Reply]
neech 06:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I was told to no longer accept EV from the manufacturer I work for, regardless of allocation or consequences~
They must have seen the expenses and lawsuits coming down the road.
They’re smart like that.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 03:13 PM Today
Saw this over the weekend. Due out in the 4th quarter. EV. 6 captains chairs or bench in the back. Dancing Bears optional. Previous model for comparison only.

[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up