ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Official Euro 2024 Thread - The "It's Coming Home" Edition
Womble 11:55 AM 06-14-2024

Tournament starts in just over an hour with the jocks up against the boche who are hosting the tournament.

Pre tournament odds:

Ing-ger-laand!! Score some facking goals.

Ps. I used the 'football' prefix because 'soccer' isn't a real thing. Football is football.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:42 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Your opinion on Rice is so bad I'm not even going to bother talking through it with you.
So you actually do think he should stay in the starting lineup? All of those Chelsea embarrassments lately have obviously clouded your vision of what good football looks like lad! :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 01:45 PM 06-25-2024
Rice isn't being used correctly. If you want him to be a guy taking the ball under pressure near his goal and working his way out...nope, he's awful, and so that's obviously how we're using him. Further up the field, as he plays for Arsenal and used to for England, limited but far, far better.

This is maybe the first tournament Southgate has just got it all hopelessly and obviously wrong.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:48 PM 06-25-2024
Full disclosure but I absolutely hated Rice when he first started for England and thought he was terrible. He's absolutely not a versatile guy you can ask to do anything, as Southgate seems to think. But in the right role, like the last Euros, he's very good
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:57 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Full disclosure but I absolutely hated Rice when he first started for England and thought he was terrible. He's absolutely not a versatile guy you can ask to do anything, as Southgate seems to think. But in the right role, like the last Euros, he's very good
I’m sure you could squeeze him into a role for some other countries. He just wouldn’t fit in for the United States with our midfield. That was my point. Acting as if England has some bench that could beat other teams when their starting lineup cant even do it is absolutely hysterical and shows just how arrogant a lot of English fans are. It’s so funny around America too because people just believe it because that’s where we get most of our soccer media from.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:06 PM 06-25-2024
Slovenia has come out flat...
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:09 PM 06-25-2024
Those last two crosses by the Slovs were so dangerous.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:10 PM 06-25-2024
England looks not good
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:10 PM 06-25-2024
What’s nice set up.. but offside
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:18 PM 06-25-2024
I'm shocked that Slovenia has come out this flat for the 2nd half. I'm not sure what they're strategy is, but it's not looking good. England will score if they keep this up.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:23 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm shocked that Slovenia has come out this flat for the 2nd half. I'm not sure what they're strategy is, but it's not looking good. England will score if they keep this up.
Slovenia are through no matter what with a draw as they would be one of the 3rd place teams to advance.
[Reply]
George Liquor 02:28 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Slovenia are through no matter what with a draw as they would be one of the 3rd place teams to advance.
What an exciting match! Two teams already through park the bus and the one goal was disallowed by the refs.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:35 PM 06-25-2024
They're damn lucky it's 0-0..
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:36 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
What an exciting match! Two teams already through park the bus and the one goal was disallowed by the refs.
England definitely have something to play for. If Denmark find a goal and they don’t then they pretty much write their ticket home by having to face Germany in the round of 16. They’ve been pushing they just have Southgate and Kane leading the attack so it’s been pretty boring
[Reply]
George Liquor 02:39 PM 06-25-2024
England definitely have something to play for. If Denmark find a goal and they don’t then they pretty much write their ticket home by having to face Germany in the round of 16. They’ve been pushing they just have Southgate and Kane leading the attack so it’s been pretty boring
Oh, well maybe they just suck lol
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:43 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
Oh, well maybe they just suck lol
Yeah, it’s kind of disappointing because Slovenia looked to be the better team a lot in the first half. Might have made things really interesting if Slovenia actually had to play for a win. I think they definitely could have found one against this England squad in the form they’re in right now.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up