ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman (2017)
Frazod 03:14 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Hmmm, I would MUCH rather see Gal Gadot than a butch woman like that.
She's supposed to be an AMAZON. When I think of what an Amazon would like like, words like slight, thin and bony don't come to mind.

And if this is your idea of "butch," I'll take it all day long.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:25 PM 05-30-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Still think she's too bony to be Wonder Woman.
Yep, boycotting this and The Flash movie because of casting
[Reply]
Hawk 08:24 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Wouldn't it make more sense to actually see the movies before deciding whether you like the casting?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:10 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Wouldn't it make more sense to actually see the movies before deciding whether you like the casting?
Lol you'd think but everyone has their reason to not like or want to see a movie even if it's praised by most critics or viewers which is fine.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:12 PM 06-04-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Then you're doing yourself a grave disservice really. At least on WW.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Still think she's too bony to be Wonder Woman.
I won't be watching this with the wife.

I suspect it will get quite "bony."
[Reply]
unlurking 06:14 AM 05-31-2017
Growing up, Linda Carter was WW to me. There will never be another.

Although I will still see this, considering it will apparently be DC's first good movie?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:42 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Growing up, Linda Carter was WW to me. There will never be another.

Although I will still see this, considering it will apparently be DC's first good movie?
+1 on Linda Carter.

What makes anyone think this will be DC's first good movie? I don't even have high hopes for it, it looks like Captain America meets Superman.

DVD release at bare minimum.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:10 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
+1 on Linda Carter.

What makes anyone think this will be DC's first good movie? I don't even have high hopes for it, it looks like Captain America meets Superman.

Maybe you'll be surprised later if you rent it
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:46 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Maybe you'll be surprised later if you rent it
I hope so.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:16 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
+1 on Linda Carter.

Until the very last trailer I was actually pretty impressed. Her movements in a couple of the action sequences look like really bad CGI slomo. But it is getting good reviews. Still won't be an opening weekend jaunt for me, but a matinee 3 weeks out should be fine.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 05-31-2017
Until proven otherwise.....DC movies are a DVD rental for me. I haven't seen a DC movie in the theaters since TDKR.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:10 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Until proven otherwise.....DC movies are a DVD rental for me. I haven't seen a DC movie in the theaters since TDKR.
I only see a couple movies a year at the theater. With a projector at home and a reasonably decent sound system, it's not worth the hassle and uncomfortable seats. I saw more when we lived in Texas. Much nicer theaters and recliner seats. Wichita theaters suck, except for one that is for 21+ only, so I can't take the kids.

I still might see this one at the theater.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:27 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I only see a couple movies a year at the theater. With a projector at home and a reasonably decent sound system, it's not worth the hassle and uncomfortable seats. I saw more when we lived in Texas. Much nicer theaters and recliner seats. Wichita theaters suck, except for one that is for 21+ only, so I can't take the kids.

I still might see this one at the theater.
The Warren on the west side is a nice theater. Always liked that one. The Warren on the east side of town makes a good adult date - buy tickets to the balcony (21+ only), show up a little early, drink at the bar, then relax and watch your movie.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:24 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Same for me. I've seen a couple in the theaters, but each was a movie I would have been fine waiting for on DVD. Suicide Squad was the last DC movie I see in theaters until they put something out worth paying for.

WW may be it, but I'm going to wait awhile before considering it. Looks decent, but DC has tricked me with previews before.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up