ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashad Fenton Thread*****
Dante84 02:25 PM 04-27-2019
more to come...

[Reply]
kccrow 11:14 PM 11-15-2021
I didn't care for him much coming out and didn't think he'd ever turn into anything. Glad to know I was wrong. :-)
[Reply]
jettio 11:34 PM 11-15-2021
Andy Reid seemed to give Fenton an earful for the DPI call.

Andy seemed like he was considering it a mental error instead of a physical error. Andy rarely confronts a player during a game unless it is a mental error.

Coaches must be emphasizing no penalties. Maybe telling DBs to use less hands in coverage.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:40 AM 11-16-2021
Having a phenomenal year. Ward Fenton and Sneed are a great set of corners and they've invested very little on them. That's how you continue to win with a 500 million dollar QB
[Reply]
JPH83 05:44 AM 11-16-2021
He's the number 1 ranked CB according to PFF. Absolutely phenomenal. I said last year I thought he deserved more snaps as he looked super solid the first 2 years. But he's really stepped it up, what a complete steal.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:26 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Andy Reid seemed to give Fenton an earful for the DPI call.

Andy seemed like he was considering it a mental error instead of a physical error. Andy rarely confronts a player during a game unless it is a mental error.

Coaches must be emphasizing no penalties. Maybe telling DBs to use less hands in coverage.
As he should have. That was a dumb play by Fenton. At some point you've gotta take your hands off the guy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:15 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
As he should have. That was a dumb play by Fenton. At some point you've gotta take your hands off the guy.
Asking Fenton to not use contact with the receiver as part of his coverage is like asking Carrot Top not to use any props in his comedy act. He's always done it, and unlike Carrot Top, he's been successful in his career, since he hasn't drawn many DPI flags in his career up to this point.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:29 AM 11-16-2021
This guys been more good than bad since he stepped in as a rookie to play slot CB against Denver. During the early Mike Hughes days i coldnt believe Hughes was still on the field over Fenton.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:36 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This guys been more good than bad since he stepped in as a rookie to play slot CB against Denver. During the early Mike Hughes days i coldnt believe Hughes was still on the field over Fenton.
I know it's been beat to death, but man some of the defensive personnel decisions early in the season were real head scratchers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:01 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I know it's been beat to death, but man some of the defensive personnel decisions early in the season were real head scratchers.
Hughes played well in the preseason and the Chiefs figured his high draft profile in combination with playing well meant they had uncovered a legit starting corner?

I'm just spitballing. I have no idea either why Spags is/was in love with Sorensen and Niemann just because they've been here a long time yet chose to go with the new guy Hughes over a player who's been with the team for multiple years and done a pretty good job in that span.
[Reply]
Warrick 09:11 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's the number 1 ranked CB according to PFF. Absolutely phenomenal. I said last year I thought he deserved more snaps as he looked super solid the first 2 years. But he's really stepped it up, what a complete steal.
Link? Love the kid, the reason I ask is because the last time I looked he didn't have very many stats.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 AM 11-16-2021
I don’t get why people want Spags fired. He’s done a nice job with what he’s had.

Fenton
Sneed
Matheiu
Thornhill

Even Ward has looked good under Spags. He’s a true secondary guru. Gay and Bolton look good.

DL is the issue but we haven’t invested many draft picks in it recently.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:17 AM 11-16-2021
It's been obvious for a long time that Fenton is a good cornerback. It's always been a mystery to me why he didn't play more.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:17 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hughes played well in the preseason and the Chiefs figured his high draft profile in combination with playing well meant they had uncovered a legit starting corner?

I'm just spitballing. I have no idea either why Spags is/was in love with Sorensen and Niemann just because they've been here a long time yet chose to go with the new guy Hughes over a player who's been with the team for multiple years and done a pretty good job in that span.
This is where Veach needs to watch the movie Moneyball and release these two turds so the coach can't keep playing them.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:18 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
For what it's worth, PFF has Fenton as their #1 graded corner in football right now.
And it's not worth very much. I remember when PFF tried to tell us Steven Nelson was an elite corner rofl rofl

But yeah he's good, he's looked good. No surprise but in no way shape or form is he the best CB in football.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:20 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Asking Fenton to not use contact with the receiver as part of his coverage is like asking Carrot Top not to use any props in his comedy act. He's always done it, and unlike Carrot Top, he's been successful in his career, since he hasn't drawn many DPI flags in his career up to this point.
According to Google, Carrot Top is worth $70 mil lol
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up