ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
jdubya 12:45 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Haynie made the team and played a full season. He retired on his own from playing in the NFL.
My only point being, this isnt the first time a rugby to football conversion has been attempted. I live here in NorCal and remember the hype.

Just saying every year there are hundreds of phenomenal athletes in the US that have played football their entire lives and cant transition to the NFL. Its a long shot for a guy who has never played to have success here.

Having said that, with the new KO rules might enter new strategies and Andy is second to none in placing people in places to have success so Im not counting anybody out lol.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:49 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My only point being, this isnt the first time a rugby to football conversion has been attempted. I live here in NorCal and remember the hype.

Just saying every year there are hundreds of phenomenal athletes in the US that have played football their entire lives and cant transition to the NFL. Its a long shot for a guy who has never played to have success here.

Having said that, with the new KO rules might enter new strategies and Andy is second to none in placing people in places to have success so Im not counting anybody out lol.
I've literally mentioned Jordan Mailata twice in this thread already.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:11 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:

I just think that as the NFL gains more international attention, it’s only a matter of time that more players start taking an interest in the game at a young age and we’ll start seeing a small trickle of guys making NFL rosters.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:35 AM 03-29-2024
Fast and can run all day so that's a plus. We'll see if he can do anything else.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:41 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Fast and can run all day so that's a plus. We'll see if he can do anything else.
Yeah, running with pads on is a little different, so I am curious about how he thinks that affects his speed.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 08:37 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, running with pads on is a little different, so I am curious about how he thinks that affects his speed.
I think he's young enough and from what I've heard brash enough to not give a sheet.

Playing balls-out he's also the this years candidate to most-likely-to-get-injured.

I believe Andy can go into the lab and find a niche for him as a weapon. I hope he gets a chance. Looks like Kelce's new prodigy.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 09:01 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
I think he's young enough and from what I've heard brash enough to not give a sheet.

Playing balls-out he's also the this years candidate to most-likely-to-get-injured.

I believe Andy can go into the lab and find a niche for him as a weapon. I hope he gets a chance. Looks like Kelce's new prodigy.
I played football and rugby in college. Not sure why folks are saying this guy will be a TE. Flankers in rugby are TE equivalent. Wingers are WR / RB type players. Pads won't affect speed. His lack of HS/College play time will be the reason he doesn't succeed in the NFL. He is clearly athletic enough to play.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:34 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons:
Not sure why folks are saying this guy will be a TE.
He'd be the smallest NFL TE I've ever seen, by a wide margin.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Our new return man for the new arena football kickoffs!
Also need to have him under center for the tush push.

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He doesn't count against the roster, because he is from the Pathways program, right? He would basically be the 91st roster spot.
Correct. He doesn't count against the 53 man roster or the practice squad. Which is the reason the Chiefs are giving him a shot. He doesn't take the spot of some maybe future contributor.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:13 AM 03-29-2024

Protege?
[Reply]
penguinz 10:27 AM 03-29-2024

No way in hell. He is waaaaay too small for a TE. Listed at 194lb and is 6'4"
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:33 AM 03-29-2024
Our new return man for the new arena football kickoffs!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 AM 03-29-2024

we all know this is happening pic.twitter.com/TwRMHUlEuW

— Adam Best (@Arrowhead_Adam) March 28, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:30 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 03-29-2024
Do you sign camp fodder to a 3 year deal?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up