ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 144
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:22 PM 01-18-2020
Let's say for the sake of argument that Tannehill does go off. How would that look? Who's he throwing the ball to?

AJ Brown, obviously. Although just 1 reception for 17 yards when we played them in November. But he's the easiest threat to identify.

Then you've got Corey Davis. Had two notable games this year: one 6 for 80, the other 5 for 91. Didn't do much the rest of the year (43/601/2 TD total over 16). He only cleared 50 yards in one other game.

Those were the only two players on the entire roster over 500 yards for the season. And there was only one other - TE Jonnu Smith, over 400.

So, again, let's say Tannehill does somehow transform into some other quarterback than himself. He's no longer the guy who can't read defenses or diagnose blitzes or deliver accurate passes any distance beyond the line of scrimmage. What does he do and how does he do it?

Is this moving the chains? Is this quick scores? Sustained drives seems more feasible, judging by his receiving corps and the likely focus on tight ends and running backs. Is there a real deep threat there? Because would contend that despite his numbers AJ Brown is more of a possession receiver. Although he can break a long one. Is there anyone else?

And can the Titans keep Tannehill's jersey clean if they do decide to throw the ball? Because he takes a lot of sacks.

It just seems like a risky approach to take, looking at their roster in a vacuum. Anything is possible, but I'm not sure where the production would come from.

But that's not exactly unusual in the playoffs...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:27 PM 01-18-2020
Here’s the Tyreek miss Pat had in the first matchup. That’s an outlier for sure. Won’t happen again

The future. #chiefs #nfl #chiefskingdom pic.twitter.com/GtCjo8d6p3

— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) November 19, 2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 03:27 PM 01-18-2020
Tannehill ****ing sucks.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:28 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Here’s the Tyreek miss Pat had in the first matchup. That’s an outlier for sure. Won’t happen again

That seems like a fairly normal missed throw to me. The fumble TD is a much, much flukier play.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:30 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That seems like a fairly normal missed throw to me. The fumble TD is a much, much flukier play.
Also a big miss to Watkins in that game on a 3rd down in our territory... Mahomes won't miss those tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:31 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I fully expect some cheap shots. Surprised the Texans didn't do it last week.
Vrabel was a tough, hard nosed football player.

But he wasn't dirty.

And I don't expect any especially dirty play from his team. It's not his style.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:33 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

But he wasn't dirty.

Did you watch the Titans last week?

They were pretty fucking dirty.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:35 PM 01-18-2020

But he wasn't dirty.

Yeah, we will see if they target Kelce again with a cheap shot to the head.

Dirty bastards.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:36 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Did you watch the Titans last week?

They were pretty ****ing dirty.
of course I watched.

I saw a lot of jawing, but am I missing something specific? I didn't notice anything really late or anything
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:36 PM 01-18-2020
**** the Titans!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:36 PM 01-18-2020

But he wasn't dirty.

He's from the Patriots, so I don't think it's unfair to expect dirty stuff from his team.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:37 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Let's say for the sake of argument that Tannehill does go off. How would that look? Who's he throwing the ball to?

AJ Brown, obviously. Although just 1 reception for 17 yards when we played them in November. But he's the easiest threat to identify.

Then you've got Corey Davis. Had two notable games this year: one 6 for 80, the other 5 for 91. Didn't do much the rest of the year (43/601/2 TD total over 16). He only cleared 50 yards in one other game.

Those were the only two players on the entire roster over 500 yards for the season. And there was only one other - TE Jonnu Smith, over 400.

So, again, let's say Tannehill does somehow transform into some other quarterback than himself. He's no longer the guy who can't read defenses or diagnose blitzes or deliver accurate passes any distance beyond the line of scrimmage. What does he do and how does he do it?

Is this moving the chains? Is this quick scores? Sustained drives seems more feasible, judging by his receiving corps and the likely focus on tight ends and running backs. Is there a real deep threat there? Because would contend that despite his numbers AJ Brown is more of a possession receiver. Although he can break a long one. Is there anyone else?

And can the Titans keep Tannehill's jersey clean if they do decide to throw the ball? Because he takes a lot of sacks.

It just seems like a risky approach to take, looking at their roster in a vacuum. Anything is possible, but I'm not sure where the production would come from.

But that's not exactly unusual in the playoffs...
This is basically my thinking as well. Tannehill isn't going to change his spots in one week. He's never been a guy that can consistently can put a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory with his arm. Or even with his arm and legs. That's not who he's ever been.

Now, has he played well since becoming the starter? Sure, no question.

But in order for him to carry the load against the Chiefs, he'd have to complete a lot better than 50% of his passes. He'd have to convert a lot more 3rd downs.

And his primary receivers would have to perform at a much higher success rate than they have throughout the season.

And their defense would have to cut the Chiefs offensive efficiency in half.

That's just a huge ask to have all three of those things happen in one game. Tannehill would have to complete 15% more of his passes. His receivers would have to catch 60-70% more passes. They would have to score twice as often than they have for the season, including the playoffs. And their defense would have to force the Chiefs offense to be 50% less effective.

And it doesn't work if they only get one of those things to happen. They have to get at least three of the four to happen to beat KC.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:40 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is basically my thinking as well. Tannehill isn't going to change his spots in one week. He's never been a guy that can consistently can put a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory with his arm. Or even with his arm and legs. That's not who he's ever been.

Now, has he played well since becoming the starter? Sure, no question.

But in order for him to carry the load against the Chiefs, he'd have to complete a lot better than 50% of his passes. He'd have to convert a lot more 3rd downs.

And his primary receivers would have to perform at a much higher success rate than they have throughout the season.

And their defense would have to cut the Chiefs offensive efficiency in half.

That's just a huge ask to have all three of those things happen in one game. Tannehill would have to complete 15% more of his passes. His receivers would have to catch 60-70% more passes. They would have to score twice as often than they have for the season, including the playoffs. And their defense would have to force the Chiefs offense to be 50% less effective.

And it doesn't work if they only get one of those things to happen. They have to get at least three of the four to happen to beat KC.
If Tannehill leads them to some easy, quick TDs, and transforms this game into a shoot out, I still like our odds.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:41 PM 01-18-2020
Expect to win. Period. This team was built for the long run.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:43 PM 01-18-2020
Hand warmers. Check.
Foot warmers. Check.
Two pairs of smartwool socks. Check.
Under armour expedition rated base layer. Check.

Cardboard, throat lozenges, the Chiefs coat my grandma gave me 25 years ago, waterproof boots, check, check, check, check.

My body is ready.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 144
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up