« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:53 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not us anymore! Progress! :-)

I'm not a fan of Sutton. But there's another part of me that realizes that most defenses are awful with the NFLs new offense rules.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:05 AM 10-29-2018
I am honestly still in shock that Fuller had an interception. He is usually 3 feet behind his man, and one of the only times all year that he wasnt beat, in Denver, he dropped the pick. This time he was in position and held on.

On a side note, who in the hell runs a flee-flicker for an out pass?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jaa1025 06:34 AM 10-29-2018
Why on Earth is Lucas being benched for Parker and Murray? He's the best safety on the team and I don't think it's particularly close. (not including Berry of course)
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:41 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Why on Earth is Lucas being benched for Parker and Murray? He's the best safety on the team and I don't think it's particularly close. (not including Berry of course)
Same reason 44 was on the sideline most of the game. Sutton has some weird thing about young players.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:43 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Who is this Berry of whom you speak?:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:42 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Who is this Berry of whom you speak?:-)
The hairy dude who's shit because he just hangs around.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:44 AM 10-29-2018
He needs to get ODaniel on the field much more often.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:09 AM 10-29-2018
He needs to play 3 fatties on the dline more. When we lineup in that nickel package we get our shit pushed in. On short yardage we are actually pretty good at stopping the run, our lineman are pretty talented but when you only have 2 guys on the line youre going to get over powered more often then not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 10-29-2018

The Chiefs are 2nd in the NFL with 24 sacks.

KC may have the 15th ranked sack percentage, but the Chiefs have found an identity and I love it -- Put up points, force opponents to throw, pressure the opponent's QB, produce sacks/mistakes.

— Gary McKenzie (@Super_G_Chiefs) October 29, 2018

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:06 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

reinforces our need for Michael Landon Collins!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 10-29-2018
If we could just fix the run defense...

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 10-29-2018
ouch

[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:22 PM 10-29-2018
how much is our game vs blake bortles helping that number though?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:23 PM 10-29-2018
2nd in the league in sacks with Houston effectively a non-factor.

"Sutton doesnt know how to generate a pass rush!"

Bob Sutton isn't perfect but he's doing solid work with this team and it's looking better. If they can just get those catastrophic coverage breakdowns down to maybe 1/gm (I'm looking at you, Ron Parker) then this D can play near the top half of the league going forward. Think of how amazing that passer rating stat is when accounting for the explosive play stat. And it doesn't take the sack figures into consideration.

And fellas we absolutely have to grade on a curve here. Playing 70-80 defensive snaps/gm is fucking hard. Yeah, they could get off the field sooner and they're improving there but the league rules just around designed for that. Asking teams for a bunch of 3 and outs is just asking too much.

Sutton still has that Patriots game that worries the hell out of me - I think he did a truly poor job there. It apart from that hes built a defense that gets key stops when it needs them, gets after the quarterback and sure seems to be getting better. Through the halfway point of the season, I say he gets about a B/B-
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:50 PM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
2nd in the league in sacks with Houston effectively a non-factor.

"Sutton doesnt know how to generate a pass rush!"

Bob Sutton isn't perfect but he's doing solid work with this team and it's looking better. If they can just get those catastrophic coverage breakdowns down to maybe 1/gm (I'm looking at you, Ron Parker) then this D can play near the top half of the league going forward. Think of how amazing that passer rating stat is when accounting for the explosive play stat. And it doesn't take the sack figures into consideration.

And fellas we absolutely have to grade on a curve here. Playing 70-80 defensive snaps/gm is fucking hard. Yeah, they could get off the field sooner and they're improving there but the league rules just around designed for that. Asking teams for a bunch of 3 and outs is just asking too much.

Sutton still has that Patriots game that worries the hell out of me - I think he did a truly poor job there. It apart from that hes built a defense that gets key stops when it needs them, gets after the quarterback and sure seems to be getting better. Through the halfway point of the season, I say he gets about a B/B-
I looked at the stats today.

The Chiefs secondary is basically gifting the opposing team 6 points every Sunday because of blown coverages. If they could stop doing that, they'd go from 25.6 ppg to 19.6 ppg, which would move them from 21st in scoring defense to EIGHTH.

Now, that's not going to realistically happen but better safety play would help the corners A LOT and I could see them shaving 3-4 ppg off that easily. That would move them into the top half of the league.

I really hope they do something before the deadline.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 298
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up