Page 129 of 137
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:14 PM 07-03-2017
I really feel a little worse every day since Dorsey is gone. No matter what he did wrong, he put together a good roster and made it better every year. I can't see us getting better from that perspective.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:18 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What? Maclin is nearly the definition of injury prone.

14.5 games per year average over 7 seasons is injury prone.

I guess you just paid your injury prone QB the largest contract in history then moron.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:23 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What's the fucking holdup? Clark's sick of handing out mega contracts for his GMs all of a sudden?
This is vacation time for the NFL. Players, staffers, etc. are out of the office and out of the country.

I'll be surprised if they make an announcement any time other than a few days before training camps begin.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:37 PM 07-03-2017
Dorsey will probably end up with the Chargers and haunt our ass for 10 years
[Reply]
BossChief 07:30 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is vacation time for the NFL. Players, staffers, etc. are out of the office and out of the country.

I'll be surprised if they make an announcement any time other than a few days before training camps begin.
I read pretty much exactly that.

Won't be announced till the eve of TC.

It's gonna be Veach.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:35 PM 07-04-2017
https://youtu.be/EeFQ1vtT_Co

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 PM 10-30-2017
Glad he's gone.

Couldn't find a replacement for DJ
Couldn't find a replacement for Tamba
Whiffed on CB's all over the place
Drafted Tanoh who we have no ****ing clue what he's going to do

Clark was right. There was a problem. And we saw that when Veach was trying to patchwork this shit up in August before the season.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:46 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Glad he's gone.

Couldn't find a replacement for DJ
Couldn't find a replacement for Tamba
Whiffed on CB's all over the place
Drafted Tanoh who we have no ****ing clue what he's going to do

Clark was right. There was a problem. And we saw that when Veach was trying to patchwork this shit up in August before the season.
Don't give up on Tanoh, he just needs time...

And a specific role
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:53 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Don't give up on Tanoh, he just needs time...

And a specific role
Tanoh is a tweener. Built too tall and thin to be a base 3-4 DE. Not athletic, powerful, or explosive enough to take advantage of his length.

For a raw guy who was touted as a physical freak during the draft process, he hasn't shown anything, to me at least, that makes me think that he's going to be anything more than a JAG in this league.

Guys who are actually physical freaks tend to physically dominate against 3rd string guys during the pre-season. I saw a lot of Kpass getting easily blocked and washed out of plays by guys who didn't end up making NFL rosters or are currently backups/practice squaders in the league.

If he magically does end up becoming a solid player, then great, I'm wrong. But I think the chances of that happening are close to nil.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:00 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Tanoh is a tweener. Built too tall and thin to be a base 3-4 DE. Not athletic, powerful, or explosive enough to take advantage of his length.

For a raw guy who was touted as a physical freak during the draft process, he hasn't shown anything, to me at least, that makes me think that he's going to be anything more than a JAG in this league.

Guys who are actually physical freaks tend to physically dominate against 3rd string guys during the pre-season. I saw a lot of Kpass getting easily blocked and washed out of plays by guys who didn't end up making NFL rosters or are currently backups/practice squaders in the league.

If he magically does end up becoming a solid player, then great, I'm wrong. But I think the chances of that happening are close to nil.
Well, personally, I'm holding out hope that the fact he only has 5? 6? years of football under his belt, that our coaches can figure out a way to use him consistently...

He is a freak, and he does flash on tape (at least to me), and I hope the young man can learn how to harness his gifts..

But I completely acknowledge the fact that I am going full optimism here
[Reply]
Rausch 12:03 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I've argued for a long time he should be Levon Kirkland for the first two downs (when we use our base.)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:06 AM 10-31-2017
I think Tanoh has potential as an elephant rusher, but will need time.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:44 AM 10-31-2017
Raw development players who did nothing in college simply don't work. Tanoh looks stiff as a goddamn board and we are looking at another 3 year player at the weeping position.

If we were smart, we'd have him gain 20 lbs to get to 310 lbs and play him at DE. He's definitely got the body to do that and the strength to play the position.

Draft proven talented players FFS.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:26 AM 10-31-2017
Complaining about Dorsey’s draft is straight up silly talk. His drafts were excellent.

Complain about his inability to get guys inked at the right time and having to overpay, fine. I’m with you...but even that doesn’t always work out.

Complain about his big dollar free agents.

Complain about him overlooking serious injuries to players he’s given mega deals to that could be seen as a big enough concerns at the time that he should have passed. Fine, I can see your argument. That list is significant.

But, to slam his ability to draft is silly. The guy was an elite drafter.

Kelce
Nelson
Peters
LDT
Jones
Morse
Hill
Hunt
Mahomes
Catapano :-)

That’s a great foundation of good players to build with.

We’re gonna win a couple super bowls with that list.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:42 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Complaining about Dorsey’s draft is straight up silly talk. His drafts were excellent.

Complain about his inability to get guys inked at the right time and having to overpay, fine. I’m with you...but even that doesn’t always work out.

Complain about his big dollar free agents.

Complain about him overlooking serious injuries to players he’s given mega deals to that could be seen as a big enough concerns at the time that he should have passed. Fine, I can see your argument. That list is significant.

But, to slam his ability to draft is silly. The guy was an elite drafter.

Kelce
Nelson
Peters
LDT
Jones
Morse
Hill
Hunt
Mahomes
Catapano :-)

That’s a great foundation of good players to build with.

We’re gonna win a couple super bowls with that list.
I said in another thread, name me one team which drafted better than Dorsey did during his tenure, taking into account the overall picks (ranking of each pick). He was outstanding, his latest gem being Hunt. I just hope Veach can do as well.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 137
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133 > Last »
Up