ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 208
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
philfree 08:01 AM 08-06-2015

My fitness is geared for golf and in the summer golf is my fitness. I've been dabbling around with this stuff. It's a creatine formula for the most part with a few other things thrown in for joint health.

Okay you experts what's the book on creatine these days?
[Reply]
penguinz 08:31 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:

My fitness is geared for golf and in the summer golf is my fitness. I've been dabbling around with this stuff. It's a creatine formula for the most part with a few other things thrown in for joint health.

Okay you experts what's the book on creatine these days?
Creatine is good. Not sure what you are wanting to know.
[Reply]
philfree 09:10 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Creatine is good. Not sure what you are wanting to know.
It's been around for a while so I didn't know if it had become obsolete or if there were any negatives related to it. I was just looking for feedback.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:12 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
It's been around for a while so I didn't know if it had become obsolete or if there were any negatives related to it. I was just looking for feedback.
It is cheap and does what it is claimed to do.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:00 AM 08-06-2015
So yesterday I PR 405 in squats without a belt. I'm looking into one of these does anybody have one.

[Reply]
penguinz 10:49 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:
So yesterday I PR 405 in squats without a belt. I'm looking into one of these does anybody have one.

They are awesome. Much better support than the velcro or buckle.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:55 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It is cheap and does what it is claimed to do.
you seem nice.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:56 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you seem nice.
You seem simple and red. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:24 PM 08-06-2015
X-ray on my shoulder yesterday, insurance makes you do cheap option even though I know I'll need an MRI after. MRI has to then get approved in X-ray shows nothing. Hurt near the back on my shoulder benching back on June 16th. I've done as much rest, ice and rotator cuff exercises since then and it's still not better and severely limiting my pressing. I'm worried something like a small tear might be present so getting it checked out. It's gotten better but still quite a bit of discomfort back there with rotation or pressing with elbow out to the side. I'm thinking something with the Supraspinatus, if I was to self diagnose this. More pain on eccentric part of lift. Can Military Press with no issues though.

FUCK.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 07:05 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
So I played around with this shit a LOT in college playing football, and I offer one very important piece of advice to ANYONE who wants to supplement with this stuff. One you go on, your on for life. Anyone built like a brick shithouse will tell you the same thing. Once you come off, your hormone levels drop, and you will lose a good amount of that size/strength.
This is the real sticking point for it with me I guess.

I work out with a guy who competes in the "fitness" competition level and he's clean and says the same thing.

I'm not really sure what it means by "once your on it, your on it for life." Even with the lower doses that are generally associated with TRT?

I wouldn't really be thrilled with having to take a year or more to rebalance my natural test levels if I decide to stop lifting/using on a TRT program. And that's if they ever get naturally rebalanced once I come off it.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 07:07 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:

My younger brother used to power lift and he and everyone else that was serious about it would use that design exclusively.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:21 PM 08-06-2015
Seriously guys - it's been 10 mos. I'm not even sure if you remember my before - but I've been working my ass off for almost two mos now. Do you see any noticeable change? Also - Brock, I tried to make it less weird - but quite honestly selfies of your body are hard to do, while keeping everything else relaxed. No homo - etc etc...

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:31 PM 08-06-2015
Still need more chest, tris, traps and delts, homeslice.

Congratulations on sticking with it for so long, though.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:33 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Still need more chest, tris, traps and delts, homeslice.

Congratulations on sticking with it for so long, though.
i'm working on it. Apparently it takes time - people say - My bench is improving - i'm eating right - and have all the right works in movement - so chillax Virus! Tell me you want to have my childrans, just lie, fucker.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 PM 08-06-2015
Just keep up the good work then, you sexy bitch.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 208
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179 > Last »
Up