ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 176
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:30 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Soler went deep again today.
Man I’m hoping he comes through.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:39 PM 03-01-2018

[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:53 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And those sites also rate Duda as a better defender. Which is laughable.
Yeah, I really don't get the hating on Hosmer's defense.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:46 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
Yeah, I really don't get the hating on Hosmer's defense.
The metrics show limited range on ground balls. He hugged the line a little too much.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:38 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
The metrics show limited range on ground balls. He hugged the line a little too much.
That's because Esky covered so much ground at short.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:52 PM 03-01-2018
One of Soler-power's jacks yesterday went 488' per Rustin dodd
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:10 AM 03-02-2018
I guess I am in the minority around here but I don’t see all the doom and gloom as most. People are basically writing off our younger guys but I don’t really see that any have proven they can’t play or don’t have upside. 2011 and 2012 were the first years of the beginning of WS runs. But the main position players were younger so they needed more time to develop. Plus the starting pitching was atrocious leading to back to back 90 loss seasons.

But with this group guys like Cuthbert, Boni, and Soler are older and should be getting consistent every day time at a later age. Not because they are bad but largely because they’ve been blocked and not allowed the freedom to develop at the major league level due to being in organizations that have been contending. I’m thinking they will be better this year than Hosmer, Moose, and Cain were in their early years due to being older and just having more experience. We went from 72 wins in 2012 to 86 wins in 2013.

I don’t see why this team can’t fall somewhere between those numbers. The rotation is better and I think the offense can be better especially with the juiced ball. People tend to forget how terrible the offense was basically all the way until late 2014 to the start of 2015. The offense this season I see being better than probably any team of WS guys prior to the second half of 2014. I am thinking something like 78-82 wins. Don’t underestimate the value of a more winning culture either.
[Reply]
tk13 12:19 AM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I guess I am in the minority around here but I don’t see all the doom and gloom as most. People are basically writing off our younger guys but I don’t really see that any have proven they can’t play or don’t have upside. 2011 and 2012 were the first years of the beginning of WS runs. But the main position players were younger so they needed more time to develop. Plus the starting pitching was atrocious leading to back to back 90 loss seasons.

But with this group guys like Cuthbert, Boni, and Soler are older and should be getting consistent every day time at a later age. Not because they are bad but largely because they’ve been blocked and not allowed the freedom to develop at the major league level due to being in organizations that have been contending. I’m thinking they will be better this year than Hosmer, Moose, and Cain were in their early years due to being older and just having more experience. We went from 72 wins in 2012 to 86 wins in 2013.

I don’t see why this team can’t fall somewhere between those numbers. The rotation is better and I think the offense can be better especially with the juiced ball. People tend to forget how terrible the offense was basically all the way until late 2014 to the start of 2015. The offense this season I see being better than probably any team of WS guys prior to the second half of 2014. I am thinking something like 78-82 wins. Don’t underestimate the value of a more winning culture either.
I think if the bullpen pitches like last year we will not be very good at all. But otherwise I've always agreed that saying the Royals don't have any prospects isn't quite accurate. Soler, Mondesi and Cuthbert were all highly thought of guys who haven't been able to develop because we were trying to win games. All of those guys have yet to get into their prime years. Even Moose and Hos didn't click until their mid to late 20s, so there's still potential there. And Duffy is a solid starter. But if Herrera and Maurer pitch like last year none of that will matter and they'll probably lose 90 games.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03-02-2018, 07:30 AM
This message has been deleted by WhawhaWhat.
Sure-Oz 11:08 AM 03-02-2018
Who's the idiot asking Ned if he'll buzz the tower on Hosmer. Seemed like he was pissed off Ned...that Danny Clinkscale on 810?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:33 AM 03-02-2018
Just got back from Surprise. Got a 2018 Spring Training Lid. Very nice. The rest of Spring Training? This is going to be ugly.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:34 AM 03-02-2018
Hopefully Soler will have a breakout season. A man can hope, can’t he?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 12:34 PM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think if the bullpen pitches like last year we will not be very good at all. But otherwise I've always agreed that saying the Royals don't have any prospects isn't quite accurate. Soler, Mondesi and Cuthbert were all highly thought of guys who haven't been able to develop because we were trying to win games. All of those guys have yet to get into their prime years. Even Moose and Hos didn't click until their mid to late 20s, so there's still potential there. And Duffy is a solid starter. But if Herrera and Maurer pitch like last year none of that will matter and they'll probably lose 90 games.
Pretty much this. If the bullpen doesn't have success, the rest doesn't matter and the prognostications will come true. The bullpen is actually the most compelling part of the competition for roster spots. Several power arms that could surprise. So many what-ifs in this bullpen group. If a handful of them pan out, bullpen could be interesting. I'm watching Smith, Staumont, Machado, Almonte and even Zimmer. Chances would increase even more if Peralta or Hahn could transition to the pen. I'm most excited with what I've seen of Machado.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:11 PM 03-02-2018

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:44 PM 03-02-2018

Hosmer pop outs to Escobar on the third pitch from Duffy. Speeds: 94, 93, 94.

— Maria Torres (@maria_torres3) March 2, 2018

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:01 PM 03-02-2018
Bonifacio with a timely 3 run bomb tho
[Reply]
Page 129 of 176
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up