ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 232
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:35 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
He's probably still going to be wildly underrated. He got a team missing it's two best players to within a game of the Finals. If he'd gotten them to the Finals it probably would have been the greatest coaching accomplishment in modern NBA history. It still might be. I can't think of another team that made the Finals in that situation. Yeah LeBron is playing with a bunch of scrubs but he's still the greatest player in the world today. There is absolutely no way Boston should have even been in this position, let alone one game from the Finals.
I don't disagree that Boston over achieved, but to act is if the team made the ECF this season was absolute shit is a discredit to their roster.

They made the ECF last season without Kyrie, Tatum, or Hayward.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
2 years? :-)
I was so quick to respond I missed the part about Manning

:-)

8 years vs. 2

And the Steelers/Jags are still more competitive than these teams in the East.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:36 PM 05-27-2018
That's probably going to still be wildly underrated. He got a team missing it's two best players to within a game of the Finals. If he'd gotten them to the Finals it probably would have been the greatest coaching accomplishment in modern NBA history. It still might be. I can't think of another team that made the Finals in that situation. Yeah LeBron is playing with a bunch of scrubs but he's still the greatest player in the world today. There is absolutely no way Boston should have even been in this position, let alone one game from the Finals.
It's the problem with the false binary nature of sports hot takes. There can exist a reality where LeBron is otherworldly that doesn't detract from Jordan's greatness. Meanwhile, Boston's roster can be "meh," but they can be made a very good team by a phenomenal coach. Instead, to support Jordan or LeBron, people feel the need to destroy the other, or denigrate Boston or the 90's East after the fact.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:36 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There has never been teams like the Broncos, Steelers, or Ravens in Lebron’s run, hence why Brady lost to those teams. Give me a ****ing break.
2 years of shit competition since Manning left. Blake Bortles. Blake motherfucking Bortles was the best competition the conference could give Tom Brady last year :-)

I can only imagine the type of scrutiny LeBron would get if he lost the Finals like Brady lost a fucking backup in February.

Imagine if KD blows his knee out in the next game and Lebron still got embarrassed in the finals? I swear to God people hate LeBron bc they are so protective of MJ.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It was Lebron’s choice to leave a talented team to go to the Cavs. That’s on him.
Talented team? :-)

Wade's knees were shot and he was finished as an good NBA player, Bosh was a third banana who was past his peak himself, and they had nothing else after that.

Originally Posted by :
But don’t worry. He’s gonna opt out after this season and leave these losers behind and go to join and form another super team. It’s the Lebron way.
As it should be. If he stuck with Cleveland indefinitely, he'd be criticized for not having the drive to win a championship (because it is certainly not going to happen there again any time soon).
[Reply]
tk13 09:37 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
yep. I am sick and tired of it
And honestly, watching the evolution of the game the last 3-4 years... I can very easily see a future where there's somebody in the next 25 years that's easily better than Jordan or LeBron. You see guys like Giannis, Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons. Guys who have that kind of skill set in a 7 footer's body.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 09:37 PM 05-27-2018
If I needed one score at crunch time, I want Jordan, every time. However, LeBron is the best, most complete player in NBA history. His FT shooting is his only real weakness. It's too bad some people are so defensive of Jordan's legacy that they down grade the accomplishments of Lebron. On top of his statistical dominance, by all accounts, he's a first class human being. He's made 2 major mistakes as far as I'm concerned, the decision and losing to Dallas.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:39 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
He's made 2 major mistakes as far as I'm concerned, the decision and losing to Dallas.
Leaving Cleveland for Miami was 100% the right move.

How he announced it wasn't.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:39 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
If I needed one score at crunch time, I want Jordan, every time. However, LeBron is the best, most complete player in NBA history. His FT shooting is his only real weakness. It's too bad some people are so defensive of Jordan's legacy that they down grade the accomplishments of Lebron. On top of his statistical dominance, by all accounts, he's a first class human being. He's made 2 major mistakes as far as I'm concerned, the decision and losing to Dallas.
I have a lot of reasons why I don't put Lebron at GOAT. but denying his greatness is absurd at this point. Its possible to like Jordan and Lebron at the same time
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 09:39 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Leaving Cleveland for Miami was 100% the right move.

How he announced it wasn't.
Agreed.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:40 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
2 years of shit competition since Manning left. Blake Bortles. Blake mother****ing Bortles was the best competition the conference could give Tom Brady last year :-)

I can only imagine the type of scrutiny LeBron would get if he lost the Finals like Brady lost a ****ing backup in February.

Imagine if KD blows his knee out in the next game and Lebron still got embarrassed in the finals? I swear to God people hate LeBron bc they are so protective of MJ.
It is literally the only reason. Just like those people who hold on to archaic traditions in vain at the expense of progress, the people who want to hold on to the infallible ideal of MJ being the GOAT don't want to accept that somebody is passing him as a player 20 years later (and refusing to give that somebody credit for his incredible, unmatched accomplishments is part of that).
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 09:40 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I have a lot of reasons why I don't put Lebron at GOAT. but denying his greatness is absurd at this point. Its possible to like Jordan and Lebron at the same time
Indeed.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
2 years? :-)
The best ever doesn’t lose to Joe Flacco at home in the conference championship.

That wasn’t even the first time. Remember when Flacco blew Brady out at home in the divisional round?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:43 PM 05-27-2018
And honestly, watching the evolution of the game the last 3-4 years... I can very easily see a future where there's somebody in the next 25 years that's easily better than Jordan or LeBron. You see guys like Giannis, Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons. Guys who have that kind of skill set in a 7 footer's body.
None of those guys you named are going to have anything like a LeBron career, but obviously there could come a time where somebody is again on that level. I don't know if it will be in my lifetime, but one could hope (and that's the difference between me and the MJ backers, I would absolutely love to see somebody come along in 20 years and pass LeBron, greatness in sports is fun).
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:45 PM 05-27-2018

I know KCC won't like this but KD could be that player at least to challenge Lebron. He may win a few more championships and the way he scores he will probably end up breaking alot of the scoring records.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 232
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up