ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 144
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 01-18-2020
HYPE!!!

[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:27 PM 01-18-2020
I'm expecting the Titans to play a lot like the Patriots did last year; lots of runs, short passes across the middle to run the clock and limit possessions for the Chiefs. When the Chiefs are on offense, I expect a lot of physical play by the Titans DBs with the expectations that the referees won't be calling a lot of penalties out of fear of ruining the flow of the game. There will be a lot of hits bordering on late/illegal attempting to injure our stars on offense. The Chiefs have to know this is coming and to be ready for it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:36 PM 01-18-2020
I've been talked down from a lot of the analyses I've seen from people talking about the TOP and running the ball thing as not so much of a viable strategy against KC, or at least not one that makes it any more likely to produce a victory.

Derrick Henry will get his yards. He'll get 100, is likely to get 150, and might get 180+. But I don't think that will destroy us if our offense clicks. And I have faith in that, which is good.

Still, I can't shake the nagging feeling that Tannehill is actually going to be way more than we thought we were getting. Sort of like how the Patriots treated Foles in that Super Bowl when he fucking went crazy.

Even if we get in a shootout, I like our chances of victory, because that's the kind of game we're most used to playing over these past two seasons.

Point I'm trying to make is I'm way more concerned about Tannehill picking us apart than Henry. Maybe having Henry is why Tannehill could have that kind of game or why he's way more effective now than he was with the Dolphins. But then that's going to turn it into one of those heart attack games where I'm either overjoyed or REALLY fucking miserable at the end... like, more dejected than if we just got Henry'd all game.

Predicting Chiefs win it 39-35. Defense comes through with last-second heroics at the end when Tennessee ABSOLUTELY can not run the ball. The opposite outcome of our earlier meeting.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:45 PM 01-18-2020
Yup. Henry ran all over us in the first game, but it didn’t matter. Two late special teams blunders cost us the game.

He can have 150+ yard game, don’t care. As long as we don’t make dumb mistakes on special teams or turn the ball over in key spots, we’ll be fine. Won’t matter what Henry does.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:56 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yup. Henry ran all over us in the first game, but it didn’t matter. Two late special teams blunders cost us the game.

He can have 150+ yard game, don’t care. As long as we don’t make dumb mistakes on special teams or turn the ball over in key spots, we’ll be fine. Won’t matter what Henry does.
The special teams blunders would not have even mattered if Damien Williams does not fumble in the 2nd quarter. That led to a TD return by the Titans defense. It was an enormous play in the game. Not only delivered 6 points to the Titans, but killed the Chiefs on a good drive. It was 1st down at Tennessee 44 yard line when the fumble happened. Chiefs likely score 3-7 points on that drive. Massive swing in momentum.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:59 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Also the Damien Williams' fumble that was returned for a TD.

In terms of statistical frequency, Tennessee relied on three low % plays to barely beat the Chiefs in the first match-up (fumble return for a TD, Chiefs' botched FG hold and then a blocked FG).

Tennessee is like those Chiefs' teams from the 1990's that had to rely on turnovers, big special teams plays, etc. to compensate for the limitations of their starting QB/passing game.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:03 PM 01-18-2020
It will be interesting to see how the refs handle this game. The Texans were constantly grabbing on guys like Kelce/Tyreek. The refs did not allow them to get away with it. Extended a number of Chief drives on 3rd down with Houston penalties. Will they allow Tennessee to get away with the grabbing?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:10 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Now we're worried about cold weather? It's going to be maybe 10 degrees colder than last sunday, sunny, maybe wind topping out at 10 mph.

This is what, our third sub freezing home game so far? How much impact has it had on the passing game before?

Jesus ****ing Christ, our own fanbase treats this ****ing team like it's Rodney Dangerfield. Oooh, Derrick Henry is going to run all over us! Oooh Ryan Tannehill is a scary qyarterback, ooga booga! The Chiefs have no chance!

We know Mahomes and the passing game works in the cold. How has "Miami's Own!" Ryan Tannehill done in inclement weather? How about the rest of that Tennessee squad? Are they suddenly the Packers now? Why does every ****ing thing have to somehow be their advantage? What a bunch of chickenshit.
The passing game was just fine in last year's AFCCG when it was like 8 fucking degrees.

People are just Because, Chiefs-ing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:11 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The special teams blunders would not have even mattered if Damien Williams does not fumble in the 2nd quarter. That led to a TD return by the Titans defense. It was an enormous play in the game. Not only delivered 6 points to the Titans, but killed the Chiefs on a good drive. It was 1st down at Tennessee 44 yard line when the fumble happened. Chiefs likely score 3-7 points on that drive. Massive swing in momentum.
Or if Pat doesn't over-throw Hill for that easy TD in the 2nd (IIRC). I think we settled for a FG on that drive. Point being, Pat's not going to miss a throw like that on Sunday. He's shaken all the rust off now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
The passing game was just fine in last year's AFCCG when it was like 8 ****ing degrees.

People are just Because, Chiefs-ing.
Yeah, but but it's going to be 2 degrees colder (wind chill) than last year!
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:15 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've been talked down from a lot of the analyses I've seen from people talking about the TOP and running the ball thing as not so much of a viable strategy against KC, or at least not one that makes it any more likely to produce a victory.

Derrick Henry will get his yards. He'll get 100, is likely to get 150, and might get 180+. But I don't think that will destroy us if our offense clicks. And I have faith in that, which is good.

Still, I can't shake the nagging feeling that Tannehill is actually going to be way more than we thought we were getting. Sort of like how the Patriots treated Foles in that Super Bowl when he ****ing went crazy.

Even if we get in a shootout, I like our chances of victory, because that's the kind of game we're most used to playing over these past two seasons.

Point I'm trying to make is I'm way more concerned about Tannehill picking us apart than Henry. Maybe having Henry is why Tannehill could have that kind of game or why he's way more effective now than he was with the Dolphins. But then that's going to turn it into one of those heart attack games where I'm either overjoyed or REALLY ****ing miserable at the end... like, more dejected than if we just got Henry'd all game.

Predicting Chiefs win it 39-35. Defense comes through with last-second heroics at the end when Tennessee ABSOLUTELY can not run the ball. The opposite outcome of our earlier meeting.
I think you are just having some pre-game jitters. Titans only scored 35 or more 3 times all year. All against bad defenses.

No way we give up 5 TD's at home to these guys.

10 points more like it.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:15 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Also the Damien Williams' fumble that was returned for a TD.

In terms of statistical frequency, Tennessee relied on three low % plays to barely beat the Chiefs in the first match-up (fumble return for a TD, Chiefs' botched FG hold and then a blocked FG).

Tennessee is like those Chiefs' teams from the 1990's that had to rely on turnovers, big special teams plays, etc. to compensate for the limitations of their starting QB/passing game.
Hell, I count that game as a win for the Chiefs as it relates to this game. A game flow anything like the first game, and it's an easy Chiefs win. Their secondary was running around cluelessly in that game, leaving guys open. Tennessee is the team that has to make all types of adjustments from that game, not us.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:19 PM 01-18-2020
Mike Pennel will be the player of the game, if it's in a positive manner or negative of course will deal with how successful Henry will be
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:19 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Hell, I count that game as a win for the Chiefs as it relates to this game. A game flow anything like the first game, and it's an easy Chiefs win. Their secondary was running around cluelessly in that game, leaving guys open. Tennessee is the team that has to make all types of adjustments from that game, not us.
True and add in the fact it was Mahomes first game back after missing multiple games due to an injury for the first time in his career, his knee/ankle was not 100%, and he was missing his starting left tackle, starting right guard and his starting right tackle was injured during the game as well.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:21 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Or if Pat doesn't over-throw Hill for that easy TD in the 2nd (IIRC). I think we settled for a FG on that drive. Point being, Pat's not going to miss a throw like that on Sunday. He's shaken all the rust off now.
I dunno, sometimes the QB misses a throw. It happens. But fumbling the ball? That one is totally in control of the guy carrying the ball. Protect the damn ball, it's that simple. Chiefs should have learned a valuable lesson from it last weekend too.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 144
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up