ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 151
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:03 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Insurers have likely told them they won’t pay for such losses if the event goes ahead. It’s a business decision for sure.
Precisely.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:36 PM 03-12-2020
Oh my god this his hilarious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/clubtrill...r-144964097%2F
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Roy has more championships tard
He had 0 at KU fucklehead. Self has 1. That is the most even comparison. You’re angry trolling today. Did you leave boyfriend leave you or some shit?

Originally Posted by sedated:
This f-ing sucks.

There are some people (me included) that cancelling the tournament is worse than cancelling Christmas.
Christmas can get fucked. I hate Christmas. Love basketball.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
”This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during the academic year given the ongoing decisions by other entities," the NCAA said in statement.

key part: they’re admitting it’s a lawsuit prevention issue. They don’t give a shit about the students (they know young people don’t die from this) and they could play in empty arenas for a bit. But what they can’t have: LAWSUITS. Even one arena worker who catches this can sue, any bus driver who carried them in, on and on.

That’s why all forms of entertainment are shutting down but schools, workplaces, restaurants, bars etc aren’t.
Yeah. It was never anything else.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:31 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The 1 time KU didnt choke in March.

Hang the banner.
God you suck at this.....
Dont say I didnt try and help your dumbass....

https://www.dedoimedo.com/life/guide-trolling.html
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:39 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He had 0 at KU ****lehead. Self has 1. That is the most even comparison. You’re angry trolling today. Did you leave boyfriend leave you or some shit?

Christmas can get ****ed. I hate Christmas. Love basketball.

Yeah. It was never anything else.
How many at UNC tho?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 03-12-2020
Beyond the potential for lawsuits, empty arenas are bad for branding. It’s really hard to sell the idea to people that a tournament is important with an empty awkward arena. A tournament with no fans would devalue the title in the minds of the fans. Probably wouldn’t last forever, but still.

It’s really interesting to listen to old wrestling promoters talk about how they would sell the idea to the fans that what they’re watching is important. Just because sports aren’t scripted doesn’t mean that leagues don’t have to sell this idea as well.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:44 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Beyond the potential for lawsuits, empty arenas are bad for branding. It’s really hard to sell the idea to people that a tournament is important with an empty awkward arena. A tournament with no fans would devalue the title in the minds of the fans. Probably wouldn’t last forever, but still.

It’s really interesting to listen to old wrestling promoters talk about how they would sell the idea to the fans that what they’re watching is important. Just because sports aren’t scripted doesn’t mean that leagues don’t have to sell this idea as well.
Seems like a stretch
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Seems like a stretch
It’s a lesser point for sure, but I think it’s true.

I can’t believe the players would’ve cared as much with zero fans in attendance. Would’ve been more awkward than anything.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 PM 03-12-2020

🚨🚨 CHAMPIONSHIP SHIRTS 🚨🚨

DM US TO PREORDER NOW ‼️‼️

Website with link to buy coming this weekend as well.

S/o to the legend @woodymlb4 for the design. pic.twitter.com/sArNSll87l

— Aint No Seats Podcast (@AintNoSeatsPod) March 13, 2020

I'll be grabbing one of these.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:56 PM 03-12-2020
I can't tell if this feels worse than losing in the tournament or not. I am definitely not feeling great about it.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:47 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

I'll be grabbing one of these.
Imagine actually wearing one of those.

How embarrassing.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:49 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

How embarrassing.
Imagine being a mutt fan.

How embarrassing.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:01 PM 03-12-2020

How embarrassing.
I imagine fans in of your institution can’t quite quantify how it would feel to wear a “National Champion” shirt.

You’re welcome to borrow my gear whenever if you want to know what it’s like.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:32 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I can't tell if this feels worse than losing in the tournament or not. I am definitely not feeling great about it.
I’m fine. We were unanimous #1. A black swan event happened. It’s ok. We hang a banner. Zero question.

I also feel Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor hang Final Four banners. They earned it too under the situation. At the Indy 500 a race is official after 101 of 200 laps of weather intervenes. They give a trophy to the winner even at 110 laps if it doesn’t finish. Same story here.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:45 PM 03-12-2020

How embarrassing.
I'll wear it to our banner raising ceremony.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 151
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up