ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 335
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Bowser 10:51 AM 05-09-2016
Maybe Jon Snow's destiny doesn't lie in Winterfell at all. Perhaps it's further south still, or even maybe on another continent altogether...
[Reply]
RustShack 10:51 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Unless he still has the decree from Stannis claiming him to be a Stark, but even that would be a reach.

Perhaps when the battle is over and if Ransay falls, Rickon will legitimize him making him Warden of the North.
You have to be a King to do that. The Lord of Winterfell isn't a King.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:53 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
"IF"

Howland Reed, comes into the picture and confirms R+L=J. He would be of royal decent. Now he would probably care to take the Stark Name.

But, the only other person who was at the Tower of Joy is still alive. His daughter just so happens to be with the only guy who will also seem to find out the truth.

This makes Jon Snow the true heir if Rickon Dies to the North. (Male/ Stark Bloodline with other Royal Blood) 9Minus bran of course
Even assuming he's of Stark and Targaryen blood, he's still a bastard. He's a bigger part of the story than Lord of Winterfell.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
He would only be royal decent if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married. If not....then he's still a bastard.....just with a different last name.
This brings up a question - how do we know they weren't married in secret? Rhaegar was betrothed but never wed iirc, and Lyanna was betrothed to Robert but died at the ToJ. Is it possible a maester wed them as their child (children??) were being born?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
You have to be a King to do that. The Lord of Winterfell isn't a King.
How did Roose proclaim Ramsay a Bolton then? I thought his standing as Warden of the North allowed him the ability?
[Reply]
NewChief 10:54 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
He would only be royal descent if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married. If not....then he's still a bastard.....just with a different last name.
But Gondry, and the slaughtering of all of Robert's bastards, is proof that even a bastard has some claim to a throne by blood alone.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:55 AM 05-09-2016
This brings up a question - how do we know they weren't married in secret? Rhaegar was betrothed but never wed iirc, and Lyanna was betrothed to Robert but died at the ToJ. Is it possible a maester wed them as their child (children??) were being born?
Rhaegar was married to Elia of Dorne. But maybe after the mountain smashed her head?
[Reply]
RustShack 10:56 AM 05-09-2016
How did Roose proclaim Ramsay a Bolton then? I thought his standing as Warden of the North allowed him the ability?
The King/Lanisters did it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:56 AM 05-09-2016
Royal proclamation, from the king
[Reply]
Bowser 10:58 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Rhaegar was married to Elia of Dorne. But maybe after the mountain smashed her head?
Was he married or just betrothed? I keep remembering the tournament where he gave Lyanna the rose, not Elia, and I remember it being a controversy because he didn't give it to the one he was engaged to. (It's been a bit since I've read that part in the books, so I may not have it down)
[Reply]
RustShack 10:59 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
But Gondry, and the slaughtering of all of Robert's bastards, is proof that even a bastard has some claim to a throne by blood alone.
That's a little different, because they actually have some blood where as the current King does not since they aren't actually Roberts kids.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:01 AM 05-09-2016
Was he married or just betrothed? I keep remembering the tournament where he gave Lyanna the rose, not Elia, and I remember it being a controversy because he didn't give it to the one he was engaged to. (It's been a bit since I've read that part in the books, so I may not have it down)
They were married, they had kids. the mountain smushed all of their heads
[Reply]
Bowser 11:07 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They were married, they had kids. the mountain smushed all of their heads
Yeah, you're right. I knew that. There are too many timelines to try and keep straight in the first place, then you start blurring the lines comparing the books to the show.....

So, if my theory is to be correct, Gregor would have had to done the deed to Rhaegar's wife and child a time before ToJ? Because Rhaegar was supposedly incredibly noble and wouldn't have been screwing around on his wife and having kids with others, correct?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:07 AM 05-09-2016
Maybe Jon Snow's destiny doesn't lie in Winterfell at all. Perhaps it's further south still, or even maybe on another continent altogether...

Go on..
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:10 AM 05-09-2016
All of it really doesn't matter, because Jon is part of the three headed dragon
[Reply]
Page 128 of 335
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up