ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 151
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:13 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Hang that banner. They’re the AP #1. More power to KU.

Not any different than the Helms championships.
It’s nothing at all like that.

Originally Posted by :
Just be thankful you didn’t have to play through a grueling NCAA Tourney in which the odds, historically, have not favored the #1 overall seed.
Obviously.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:16 PM 03-12-2020
All Right!!!! Way to go boys, I knew you could do it!!! 2020 National Champs!! :-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:17 PM 03-12-2020
There have been teams that were just okay to win the NCAA tournament.

No team that is just okay could’ve done what KU did this year.

Only 3 losses. 2 of which (Duke and Nova) were more about KU losing it. The other loss featured a key injury for KU.

Great season and well deserved National Champs.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:18 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
And you will rightly be ridiculed and laughed at if you do so.

It would be UCF all over again. Hilariously embarrassing.
Tell us how you really feel.

Let the hate flow out of you.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 PM 03-12-2020
If there was not a clear cut team, I can see it. But this is no different than the football national champions before 15? years ago before the BCS. In fact, we have the most claim to it compared to those sometimes disputed ones.

We are unanimously #1 in the Coaches poll.
Unanimously #1 in AP poll.
#1 in Kenpom by a huge margin.
#1 in Sagarin.

Hang the banner, buy the T-shirt. Have the parade (eventually).
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 PM 03-12-2020
If there was not a clear cut team, I can see it. But this is no different than the football national champions before 15? years ago before the BCS. In fact, we have the most claim to it compared to those sometimes disputed ones.

#1 in Sagarin.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:28 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Look at it this way. There was about a 10-15% chance of it ending well, but a 85-90% chance of it ending in crushing disappointment. It's not the end of the world to miss out on those odds (although ironically the world may actually be ending as we know it).
The chance of winning it all might only be 10 or 15 percent, although I would take the over on that.

But it is too bad they won't be able to compete for a final four. The chance of a FF ring is obviously a lot higher.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:38 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

#1 in Sagarin.

And we finished with the #1 SOS. We had two losses that were last second losses, and we avenged our one true defeat.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pablo 04:38 PM 03-12-2020
I gotta say I would have loved to watch us win 9 more games or whatever you get that 'Ship, but this one feels pretty awesome all the same!

Rock Chalk Champions!!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:52 PM 03-12-2020
Please hang the banner. The ridicule and derision would last forever and the NCAA gets to gnash their teeth and be humiliated. Wins all around.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:17 PM 03-12-2020
Oh cool.
*************************************************************************************************

Like asterisk mean anything
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:49 PM 03-12-2020
The 1 time KU didnt choke in March.

Hang the banner.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:04 PM 03-12-2020
”This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during the academic year given the ongoing decisions by other entities," the NCAA said in statement.

key part: they’re admitting it’s a lawsuit prevention issue. They don’t give a shit about the students (they know young people don’t die from this) and they could play in empty arenas for a bit. But what they can’t have: LAWSUITS. Even one arena worker who catches this can sue, any bus driver who carried them in, on and on.

That’s why all forms of entertainment are shutting down but schools, workplaces, restaurants, bars etc aren’t.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:47 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
”This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during the academic year given the ongoing decisions by other entities," the NCAA said in statement.

key part: they’re admitting it’s a lawsuit prevention issue. They don’t give a shit about the students (they know young people don’t die from this) and they could play in empty arenas for a bit. But what they can’t have: LAWSUITS. Even one arena worker who catches this can sue, any bus driver who carried them in, on and on.

That’s why all forms of entertainment are shutting down but schools, workplaces, restaurants, bars etc aren’t.
Insurers have likely told them they won’t pay for such losses if the event goes ahead. It’s a business decision for sure.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 PM 03-12-2020
Why didn’t they suspend the tournament like the other sports leagues did? Why jump right to cancellation?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Saying they don't want to contribute to the spread of the pandemic -- which is literally the one and only public-facing reason there is to cancel events -- is "admitting it's lawsuit prevention issue"?

I'm sure that's part of it, but FFS that's some DC cesspool level of spin to interpret that statement as anything besides exactly what it says. :-)
[Reply]
Page 127 of 151
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up