ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 232
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's a damned sight better than a prime Kobe getting bombed out of the first round, or Magic getting shellacked 4-1 by a mediocre Suns team, or Shaq getting swept multiple times.
That’s all true.

Easily the 2nd best player ever.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:24 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Then why hide in the East? Why leave your hometown? He likes to have the deck stacked in his favor rather than risk failing.
Remember when Jordan refused to play after the Bulls traded for Rodman because the deck was stacked too much in his favor?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:25 PM 05-27-2018
Exactly. He CHOOSE to be the best in the B league.
That's one way to interpret it.

The other is that he sought to do out the one thing he had left to prove in his career, which was win a title in Cleveland. He did that. He can retire right now and say he has nothing left to prove.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:25 PM 05-27-2018
:-) at the same people who were saying the Celtics were going to win this series now trashing them just because LeBron beat them (basically one on five). And somehow Al Horford (an undeniably good NBA player) is a scrub now?

The MJ backers are triggered tonight and it's wonderful to see.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 09:25 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Jordan would have never survived the same level of constant scrutiny that LeBron gets in today’s 24/7 news/social media climate.
Jordan might be thought of like Pete Rose had he lived in today's 24/7 news/social media climate. He's also a grade a dick, just an alpha on the court.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:26 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I disagree.

That's like saying the Angels should win every playoff series in a sweep because they have Mike Trout.

LeBron's greatness still doesn't make up for the poor roster around him.
Yes, because baseball and basketball are such similar sports. Real apples to oranges comparison there. In basketball, a star can take over a game and directly affect the outcome every game. In baseball, not so much (unless you wanna make an argument for a starting pitcher like Clayton Kershaw). But even he can only pitch every 5 days.

Dumb comparison using Mike Trout as an example.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:26 PM 05-27-2018
Lebron the GOAT!
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 09:26 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
:-) at the same people who were saying the Celtics were going to win this series now trashing them just because LeBron beat them (basically one on five). And somehow Al Horford (an undeniably good NBA player) is a scrub now?

They're almost as good at defending Jordan's legacy as Sean Taylor is at home defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

I, for one, never once said Boston would win this series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:27 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
I'm just happy Boston lost. The majority of their fans are ****s.
Oh, it's awesome when LeBron brings them down a peg every year. This year more than ever because LeBron had a bunch of guys who shouldn't start in the NBA around him (or even play...I'm looking at you Jordan Clarkson) and he still did it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:27 PM 05-27-2018
For all the bitching about Boston's roster, if Brad Stevens was the Cavs coach, they win this series in a sweep (of course, Boston w/ Lue may not make the playoffs).
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:27 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You have to be a truly twisted **** not to be able to respect LeBron's greatness. Whether you think he's the GOAT or a top-five player, think about how rare it is to see someone that good at something. Just appreciate the greatness instead of trying to discredit it.
That’s the way it should be but you have hacks in the media trying to further their careers by bringing up the debate time and time again.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:27 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I for one never once said Boston would win this series.
Oh I know. But someone did and they know who they are.
[Reply]
KCCHIEFS27 09:27 PM 05-27-2018
Exactly. He CHOOSE to be the best in the B league.
The people on the Jordan side of the fence act as if he and the Bulls played against the greatest teams in NBA history. Which is comical. Give me some teams out of the East in Jordan's day that wouldn't be considered B league teams?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:28 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yes, because baseball and basketball are such similar sports. Real apples to oranges comparison there. In basketball, a star can take over a game and directly affect the outcome every game. In baseball, not so much (unless you wanna make an argument for a starting pitcher like Clayton Kershaw). But even he can only pitch every 5 days.

Dumb comparison using Mike Trout as an example.
As I said earlier, I used Trout as a comparison because he is, without question, the currently best player in his sport, similar to how LeBron is in basketball.

I thought about Brady, but some people argue Brees or Rodgers is better than Brady. I don't agree with that but at least can understand how they're in the conversation.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 232
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up