ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 663
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
58-4ever 09:36 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dunno, I just didn't like him on TUF when he was facing up against Rampage. Just kinda think he's a fraud. Just my personal opinion.
I agree. But he seemed more serious about fighting than Rampage. You got the idea that Rampage just wanted to be famous.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:38 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I agree. But he seemed more serious about fighting than Rampage. You got the idea that Rampage just wanted to be famous.
eh, Rampage is hilarious...makes good TV at least.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:42 PM 08-06-2011
Welp that's that. Tito got his ass kicked TKO 2nd rd. damn.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:46 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Welp that's that. Tito got his ass kicked TKO 2nd rd. damn.
He'll be back again. The win over Bader was a pretty big deal. Evans probably won the fight when he mentioned Chuck's name in the intro. Tito's kryptonite.
[Reply]
Delaney37 08:12 PM 08-11-2011
Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle; Jim Miller vs. Ben Henderson; Charles Oliveira vs. Donald Cerrone; Amir Sadollah vs. Duane Ludwig. FYI UFC fight card on VS this Sunday at with pre-fight starting at 7pmCST and fights start at 8pmCST
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:17 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Delaney37:
Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle; Jim Miller vs. Ben Henderson; Charles Oliveira vs. Donald Cerrone; Amir Sadollah vs. Duane Ludwig. FYI UFC fight card on VS this Sunday at with pre-fight starting at 7pmCST and fights start at 8pmCST
Wow, some pretty good matchups!
[Reply]
Otter 07:35 AM 08-12-2011
A bit off topic a bit

I was watching an old Bas Rutten vs Ken Shamrock fight (I love Bas) and it's amazing how much more complex fighters ground games are evolving so quickly, mainly with BJJ discipline as compared to the 3 - 5 base tap out moves they had 15 years ago.

Sometime when you're bored fire up YouTube and watch someone like Roger Gracie or Anderson Silva work their ground game then go back and watch Bas Rutten and Ken Shamrock trying to tap each other out. It's like watching a monkey **** a football compared to what those guys do in BJJ today.

Crazy, amazing, cool ass shit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:00 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Wow, some pretty good matchups!
I love Chris Lytle, he comes to bang every single time. He's apparently considering a move into politics after this fight too.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:14 AM 08-12-2011
I'm growing into a big Jim Miller fan. I think he beats Henderson here and it will be interesting to see if he can avenge his loss to whoever wins the Maynard/Edgar fight.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:07 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Otter:
A bit off topic a bit

I was watching an old Bas Rutten vs Ken Shamrock fight (I love Bas) and it's amazing how much more complex fighters ground games are evolving so quickly, mainly with BJJ discipline as compared to the 3 - 5 base tap out moves they had 15 years ago.

Sometime when you're bored fire up YouTube and watch someone like Roger Gracie or Anderson Silva work their ground game then go back and watch Bas Rutten and Ken Shamrock trying to tap each other out. It's like watching a monkey **** a football compared to what those guys do in BJJ today.

Crazy, amazing, cool ass shit.
True. Not many guys get submitted anymore either. MMA is still evolving. The days of the wrestler winning via lay n pray are coming to an end (thank God) and guys without stand up are going to go the way of the dinosaur. If you can't stand and win fights eventually you will be weeded out.

Bas standup was probably some of the best ever. I mean even today. But back then the BJJ game wasn't as refined overall for sure.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:33 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm growing into a big Jim Miller fan. I think he beats Henderson here and it will be interesting to see if he can avenge his loss to whoever wins the Maynard/Edgar fight.
Jim Miller has the perfect fighter mentality. Anyone, anywhere, anyplace. He is a guy who will never be a superstar but he is a badass.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:09 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Jim Miller has the perfect fighter mentality. Anyone, anywhere, anyplace. He is a guy who will never be a superstar but he is a badass.
You pretty much just described Leben as well who I'm a fan of.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:32 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You pretty much just described Leben as well who I'm a fan of.
I'm starting to become a Leben fan...
[Reply]
Otter 01:04 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
True. Not many guys get submitted anymore either. MMA is still evolving. The days of the wrestler winning via lay n pray are coming to an end (thank God) and guys without stand up are going to go the way of the dinosaur. If you can't stand and win fights eventually you will be weeded out.

Bas standup was probably some of the best ever. I mean even today. But back then the BJJ game wasn't as refined overall for sure.
Agreed on all points. Bas was mean as cat piss in the ring and super nice and cool outside. Well until some drunk asshole decided he wanted to prove how big his dick was and start a fight with Bas Rutten anyway. He'd break guys ankles and who knows what kind of damage he did to livers in his day but he would leave it all in the ring.

If you like Bas listen to his podcast with Joe Rogan if you haven't already. He's one of my top 10 guys I'd love to have have a beer with. Rogan probably being about 2 or 4. Cool mutha ****as.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12874240
[Reply]
TheGuardian 04:28 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Otter:
Agreed on all points. Bas was mean as cat piss in the ring and super nice and cool outside. Well until some drunk asshole decided he wanted to prove how big his dick was and start a fight with Bas Rutten anyway. He'd break guys ankles and who knows what kind of damage he did to livers in his day but he would leave it all in the ring.

If you like Bas listen to his podcast with Joe Rogan if you haven't already. He's one of my top 10 guys I'd love to have have a beer with. Rogan probably being about 2 or 4. Cool mutha ****as.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12874240
Hell yes. My fight instructor knows Bas personally and he says the guy can tell stories for hours. The guys ankles he broke was a drunk that punched Bas' wife.

I mean of all women to hit at a party..........
[Reply]
Page 127 of 663
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227627 > Last »
Up