ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1260 of 3903
« First < 26076011601210125012561257125812591260 126112621263126412701310136017602260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:15 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Think about it, the model is shrinking by 25% about every 5 days and they put a statement like that out. Makes ZERO sense.
I know there is a fear or a flare up come next flu season and we should be concerned about it but we have to take into account several other variables...identified treatments, herd immunity, etc.

And what that also says is they do expect the warmer weather to at least temper things. If not then why worry so much about when things get colder again?

To me this is just people reading into shit that have no fucking clue about what they are saying.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 PM 04-08-2020
If you look at data from Italy, herd immunity will hit sooner than the vaccine.
Ehhh we don’t really know that yet. With the RO supposedly at 5 or 6, you’ll need to get into the 80% population being infected or recovered to get there
[Reply]
Monticore 08:16 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I have had nurses call and say they have patient impacting issues and when it's something that is going to take time to figure out they go on and work around it.

I have had doctors absolutely lose their shit because the email on their personal device is slow or not working right.
I was PACS system admin assistant mostly for my department for few years most of them are understanding but all you need is one idiot to ruin your day.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:16 PM 04-08-2020
Clock has reset so yesterday was basically the same as the day before give or take. Few more deaths, few less new cases.
[Reply]
O.city 08:17 PM 04-08-2020
I don’t know why you’d even say anything about football season if I’m that position at this point. What’s wrong with saying “we’re evaluating things on a day to day basis”
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:17 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I haven’t seen the report about home deaths being counted do you have a link?
And they do not just put covid on death certificate for no reason , we debunked that yesterday in here.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ny-as-covid-19

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nycs-c...deaths-at-home

https://gothamist.com/news/death-cou...confirmed-ones
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I was PACS system admin assistant mostly for my department for few years most of them are understanding but all you need is one idiot to ruin your day.
PACS people can be a pain in the ass, I agree.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:18 PM 04-08-2020
It makes ZERO sense and I am certain not a poster here could make sense of it.
While it is early and not something I would have said I think everyone expects a second wave in the fall This isn’t going to magically disappear especially if we open international travel back up
[Reply]
Monticore 08:18 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Clock has reset so yesterday was basically the same as the day before give or take. Few more deaths, few less new cases.
Levelling off hopefully and nice big drop next week would be nice.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ehhh we don’t really know that yet. With the RO supposedly at 5 or 6, you’ll need to get into the 80% population being infected or recovered to get there
So because Italy is smaller they get there faster?

That sounds like DJ's theory on all of this is the most accurate.
[Reply]
JakeLV 08:19 PM 04-08-2020
Got to assist a teaching hospital in NY over the past few days to help their radiology residents continue to learn while the overall radiology volume is down.

Not much, and I was just the guy fixing what was broken in the cobbled together workflow, but does feel good to help them with that project so they can move on to other things.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:19 PM 04-08-2020
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ny-as-covid-19

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nycs-c...deaths-at-home

https://gothamist.com/news/death-cou...confirmed-ones
Thanks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In most cases, it's because teachers can reuse much of their lesson plans year after year. A teacher's first year teaching a class is always the hardest.

The sudden push to online suddenly turned them all into first year teachers and added the complexity of relying on parents to help and learning new technologies in a very short period of time.
my wife was a technology leader back in the Lees Summit district but I’ve had to help her get up to speed. Mostly districts tech fault. K-12 School districts just don’t “get” tech. Her co-workers are struggling to learn the 3 different software packages they are using in elearning in this district.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 PM 04-08-2020
So because Italy is smaller they get there faster?

That sounds like DJ's theory on all of this is the most accurate.
Just can’t know yet. You’d have to do mass testing first to find out

There’s scant evidence out there that those who are able to get over this with just an innate response don’t develop antibody titers high enough to be immune.

We are way off from saying we’ve reached herd immunity. We don’t have near the data we need yet
[Reply]
Monticore 08:23 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Got to assist a teaching hospital in NY over the past few days to help their radiology residents continue to learn while the overall radiology volume is down.

Not much, and I was just the guy fixing what was broken in the cobbled together workflow, but does feel good to help them with that project so they can move on to other things.
With outpatient visits at a minimum they must be fighting for work .
[Reply]
Page 1260 of 3903
« First < 26076011601210125012561257125812591260 126112621263126412701310136017602260 > Last »
Up