ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 144
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:49 PM 01-18-2020

142.2 let’s shatter that record tomorrow in Arrowhead... be loud #ChiefsKingdom

— The_Juan_And_Only (@Juan_Thornhill) January 18, 2020

[Reply]
DRM08 12:52 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Championship Sunday QB Quiz

Name the QB’s:

Answer:
Spoiler!
Tannehill has been playing out of his mind for sure. He's the X-Factor for Tennessee. Chiefs secondary needs to be ready for play action deep ball. He throws an accurate deep ball.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:56 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
IIRC, someone said it's just like the donx cheating bs..line goes one direction, grabs hold of the pads, so when the RB cuts back, you can't break free.

:-)
Pretty much !!:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:57 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Tannehill has been playing out of his mind for sure. He's the X-Factor for Tennessee. Chiefs secondary needs to be ready for play action deep ball. He throws an accurate deep ball.
Post season #'s

Mahomes- 5 TD's per game.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:57 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You can take away some things from the first game BUT really because this is the AFCCG and the weather being bitterly cold, it changes everything IMHO.
Yeah....let's just say, for laughs, that the cold impacts the passing game. If Mahomes is impacted by it, then wouldn't it stand to reason that Tannehill will be more impacted by it....and the Titan's pass game (lol!) more ineffective? Wouldn't that also allow more Chief defenders closer to the line of scrimmage to stop Henry?

I think all of the weather stuff is vastly overrated....short of it being a blizzard with 20mph+ or more gusts of winds, the cold in and of itself will be minor. My understanding is that it will be cold, but clear and sunny....passing will be fine. Chiefs have been playing in it, practicing in it, and are totally used to it by now....
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:58 PM 01-18-2020

Name the QB’s:

Answer:
Spoiler!
Garropolo greater than Rodgers and Tannehill greater than Mahomes.

Looks like we will have a "State Farm SB Bowl" !!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:03 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Like I said, Henry and their o-line doesn't need any extra motivation 'given' to them by us.

I assure you Andy has had a talk with him.:-)
2018: our defense needs more cockiness and swagger!!

2019-2020: “no, not like that”

The Royals rode swagger like this despite getting beaned repeatedly to start 2015 and rode it to a title. This D has rode it to a much stronger season in 2019-2020, I see no reason to stop it now.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:05 PM 01-18-2020
What's interesting with Tannehill's stats is that he doesn't grade very well in the "QBR" metric, despite an extremely high passer rating and TD to INT ratio. I guess the QBR metric is accounting for the fact a lot of his throws are dependent on the Titans run game. Play action is a lot easier than dropping back and throwing when the defense knows what is coming. They have him graded at 62/100 for the season. That's good, but it's not MVP level which is usually around 75.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/2
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:08 PM 01-18-2020
All of what you say is true about that first game. Some very flukey stuff helped the Titans. But I would also say that game is a good example of numerous games this year where the Chiefs repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. If the Chiefs play smart, focused football, they are unbeatable by anyone in the NFL. They cannot pull the kind of crap we saw last weekend and get down 20 points. Titans will not abandon the run game like Houston did.
Every year, there's generally one game you win and one game you lose that you shouldn't (and I don't mean like this year's Colts game....we were outplayed and were not the better team that day, and we lost).

This year, I believe the Lions game was our "win" game: we (at best) played even with them, but we probably should have lost that game (thank goodness for Pat!)

The Titans game was our "lose" game....it took a ton of flukey things to happen for that loss to occur (as has been noted numerous times already). I get that the Titans made some of those things happen, but to think that the Chiefs aren't shoring those things up for the past week is just ridiculous.

I said earlier, the Titans are not very innovative in their regular offense, and I expect them to pull out a ton of trick plays early, because otherwise they are Henry, Henry, Henry. If Chiefs stay disciplined, they will win.....
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:10 PM 01-18-2020
What's interesting with Tannehill's stats is that he doesn't grade very well in the "QBR" metric, despite an extremely high passer rating and TD to INT ratio. I guess the QBR metric is accounting for the fact a lot of his throws are dependent on the Titans run game. Play action is a lot easier than dropping back and throwing when the defense knows what is coming. They have him graded at 62/100 for the season. That's good, but it's not MVP level which is usually around 75.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/2
The 9.6 y/a in the regular season was definitely a statistical outlier

no way that was ever going to be sustainable. no surprise he’s down to 5.5 y/a for the playoffs

Meanwhile Mahomes averaged 9.2 y/a against Houston
[Reply]
DRM08 01:14 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
The 9.6 y/a in the regular season was definitely a statistical outlier

no way that was ever going to be sustainable. no surprise he’s down to 5.5 y/a for the playoffs

Meanwhile Mahomes averaged 9.2 y/a against Houston
I think Andy was smart to protect Mahomes with an Alex Smith style shorter passing game in the regular season. OL was banged up, Mahomes was banged up, and the entire goal in the regular season is to simply win enough games to get yourself into the playoffs. Putting up a bunch of fancy stats does not mean anything.

Now that we are in the playoffs, you unleash hell and let Mahomes go for more downfield throws. If he gets hurt, who cares? It is the playoffs and the season is over regardless. It wasn't worth risking his health in regular season games, but it definitely is worth it in the playoffs. The OL and Patrick are both far healthier now too, so that helps.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:20 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
https://torontosun.com/sports/footba...afc-title-game
Casey: "You can't win with just one guy out there"

Every Titans Fan: "Henry is going to win the game for us"
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:23 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

The Royals rode swagger like this despite getting beaned repeatedly to start 2015 and rode it to a title. This D has rode it to a much stronger season in 2019-2020, I see no reason to stop it now.
Taylor Lewan is a mental midget. He can’t take shit talk and getting his ass whooped. He’s a ticking time bomb.

Frank Clark needs to keep this up. Just keep poking him. He’ll give us a couple freebies. Just wait.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:25 PM 01-18-2020

Name the QB’s:

Answer:
Spoiler!
Tannehill couldn't even beat out Marcus Mariotta....so either Vrabel is a dumb SOB for not starting him immediately, or Tannehill is playing some very unsustainable football....
[Reply]
Pablo 01:25 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

We just need to be humble and polite and beat the fucking shit out of them the right way!!
[Reply]
Page 126 of 144
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Up