ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 160
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ok for the high brow crowd what books you are reading
big nasty kcnut 10:37 PM 03-11-2006
I'm reading The New American Revolution by tammy bruce. She is a great thinker and funny.
[Reply]
Buck 10:12 PM 03-08-2012
Finished Timequake by Vonnegut.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you are an absolute HUGE Vonnegut fan. I like Vonnegut a lot, he's probably my favorite author, but I really didn't enjoy it. Its 75% autobiography and 25% plot.

Moved onto World War Z. Got about 25 pages in and I'm in absolute love with it. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to read it on my breaks. Wish I would have brought it home with me tonight.
[Reply]
pr_capone 10:15 PM 03-08-2012
trying to find motivation to loose weight. picked up this book.

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:16 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
trying to find motivation to loose weight. picked up this book.

The B Bears. Classic.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:18 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
Finished Timequake by Vonnegut.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you are an absolute HUGE Vonnegut fan. I like Vonnegut a lot, he's probably my favorite author, but I really didn't enjoy it. Its 75% autobiography and 25% plot.

Moved onto World War Z. Got about 25 pages in and I'm in absolute love with it. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to read it on my breaks. Wish I would have brought it home with me tonight.
LOVED WWZ.
[Reply]
Dr. Gigglepants 10:18 PM 03-08-2012
World War Z was very enjoyable. Reading A Time To Betray now. Pretty decent so far, but it seems more fiction than fact. Does anyone know more about the book that can confirm how many liberties were taken with the stories? Supposed to be the story of an Iranian revolutionary guard, turned CIA spy. It seems like with the details given it would be pretty easy to tell who the real author is which makes me think its not all that close to reality.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:20 PM 03-08-2012
I was so so about the structure of WWZ at first but it really was a great, well done book.
[Reply]
CosmicPal 10:40 PM 03-08-2012
Currently reading Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

A truly great and entertaining read! :-)
[Reply]
Dr. Gigglepants 10:45 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I was so so about the structure of WWZ at first but it really was a great, well done book.
Agree, for the first few stories I wanted to hear more, eventually you just learn to move on to the next one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WV 10:48 PM 03-08-2012
Reading "The Final Storm" by Jeff Shaara.....great great writer. This one is about the War in the Pacific.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:35 PM 03-08-2012
Was supposed to read MobyDick... actually read the first 24 chapters before deciding to sparknote the fuck out of it.

WILLINGLY bought Confederacy of Dunces... up to Chapter 7 and has been sidetracked by school work.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:18 AM 03-09-2012
I just finished Shop Class as Soul Craft by Michael Crawford.

It was actually a little tougher read than I expected, but it was a good book
with a message that makes a lot of sense to me. It addresses things like failure
in the education system, why it sucks to work a Dilbert job and why there is more
satisfaction in manual trades and building things with your hands.

Read if based on recommend from here and I recommend it to others.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 08:42 AM 03-09-2012
I just got done with the Wool series. It's 5 quick books but they recently rolled it into 1.

http://www.amazon.com/Wool-Omnibus-H...tt_at_ep_dpt_2

The first two books were a little slow (character development and what not) and the last 3 were constant action with a couple of great twists.

I've been reading a ton of post apocalyptic books recently and this as one of the better series IMO.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:54 AM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Was supposed to read MobyDick... actually read the first 24 chapters before deciding to sparknote the **** out of it.
Read that in school. About 90% of it reads like a whaling manual (chapters on the structure inside a sperm whale's head, for example). If that bullshit was pulled out, it would be a great short story.
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 09:58 AM 03-09-2012
Currently reading Death of Kings, book 6 in the Saxon series by Bernard Cornwell. For Medieval action, there is none better than Cornwell. This volume has been a little slow, but it's building to another massive conflict between the Saxon-Britts and the invading Danes.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:59 AM 03-09-2012
hey! WWZ dudes! I'm about to finish a book and need another.
should I read The Zombie Survival Guide first??? I hope somebody responds soon...I'm gonna be book shopping today.

also...I've already mentioned I'm reading Stephen Kings 11/22/63. I just read a sentence that stopped my in my tracks. I just thought...wow...that's some heavy shit!
he describes the world as....

A universe of horror and loss surrounded by a single lighted stage where mortals dance in defiance of the dark.

that's just badass!
[Reply]
Page 126 of 160
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Up