ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 176
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:08 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

I wonder what happened to the kid we traded away for Burns? Wasn't he a rookie the year he was traded?
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:10 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't get the Duda addition.

If you're bringing in a vet lefty bat, why not spend a bit more and get Morrison? Just don't get it.

$3 million is not a make or break. And if it is, you should be going with the young guy, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I question much of what we are doing, especially keeping Duffy and Herrera on a Team that is probably going to win 70 games/yr for the next couple years
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:10 AM 02-28-2018

If you're bringing in a vet lefty bat, why not spend a bit more and get Morrison? Just don't get it.

$3 million is not a make or break. And if it is, you should be going with the young guy, anyway.

Any chance they're thinking of trading either Cuthbert or Dozier?
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:14 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I wonder what happened to the kid we traded away for Burns? Wasn't he a rookie the year he was traded?
Brett Eibner, I think? Was cut/traded by the A's. Ended up with the Dodgers. Not sure where he is now. More than likely gonna be a lifetime JAG.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:17 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I question much of what we are doing, especially keeping Duffy and Herrera on a Team that is probably going to win 70 games/yr for the next couple years
Trade deadline deal for Herrera. That's when relievers are at a premium.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:17 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Brett Eibner, I think? Was cut/traded by the A's. Ended up with the Dodgers. Not sure where he is now. More than likely gonna be a lifetime JAG.
I remember now. thanks,
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:18 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
But we'll always have this:

[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:27 AM 02-28-2018

Why do you think Morrison is worth so much more on a 1-year deal on a team that's going nowhere? Why does age make a difference?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:04 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Why do you think Morrison is worth so much more on a 1-year deal on a team that's going nowhere? Why does age make a difference?

Because he's a better player than Duda and a local kid. Also someone who could have been signed a 2-3 year bridge pretty easily.

When I referenced age, I was signing that if $3 million is a make or break, just go with the young guy - as in Dozier/Cuthbert.
[Reply]
jimidollar 12:18 PM 02-28-2018
Hope he never has to make a throw.
[Reply]
nychief 12:21 PM 02-28-2018
Because he's a better player than Duda and a local kid. Also someone who could have been signed a 2-3 year bridge pretty easily.

When I referenced age, I was signing that if $3 million is a make or break, just go with the young guy - as in Dozier/Cuthbert.

While he was better last year... the difference brtween them is negligible. Duda has a higher career war, for that matter... I think.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:29 PM 02-28-2018

How is he a better player than Duda? Because he changed his launch angle - so he can become the hitter that Duda already is? Is that worth $3 million more?

People here are so hung up on Logan Morrison. Who gives a shit on a team that's gonna lose 90+ games over the next year or two (at minimum)? I'd much rather see a 26-year-old Dozier full-time to find out if he's worth a shit and whether we need to move on from him sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:31 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by nychief:
While he was better last year... the difference brtween them is negligible. Duda has a higher career war, for that matter... I think.
They actually were having identical seasons last year until Duda got traded to Tampa, where he promptly went in the tank (and still hit 13 more homers to finish with 30).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
How is he a better player than Duda? Because he changed his launch angle - so he can become the hitter that Duda already is? Is that worth $3 million more?

People here are so hung up on Logan Morrison. Who gives a shit on a team that's gonna lose 90+ games over the next year or two (at minimum)? I'd much rather see a 26-year-old Dozier full-time to find out if he's worth a shit and whether we need to move on from him sooner rather than later.

He's younger and more athletic.

I can see signing Morrison to a 2-3 year deal. I don't see any value in signing Duda to a one-year.

I'm with you. Let's see if Cuthbert and/or Dozier are capable major league players.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:44 PM 02-28-2018
It could also be possible that Morrison wanted to play for a better team.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 176
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Up