ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 126 of 127
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Stewie 05:37 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Sounds like a pipe dream.

They couldn't even get the AR complex rolled out correctly.
Completely different.
[Reply]
ghak99 05:38 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Completely different.
Ya, one is much simpler than the other. ... and it's a clusterfuck
[Reply]
Stewie 05:46 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Ya, one is much simpler than the other. ... and it's a clusterfuck
The AR isn't the NFL.

Building an NFL stadium garners much more attention and has people at the highest level getting things done. Look how fast the speedway process came together and it came in under budget.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:56 PM 06-12-2024
Missouri could still double their 5 Super Bowl titles? Cool
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 06-16-2024
Chiefs only bill going to be on the ballot in November?

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/06/14/jac...outputType=amp
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:33 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
Chiefs only bill going to be on the ballot in November?

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/06/14/jac...outputType=amp
I like that, it's a good thing. The two teams need to sink or swim on their own and the Royals deal should 100% include Bally Sports providing all JACO residents free access to the games since whatever tax that's proposed will be paid in JACO. If they can't get the Royals downtown and back on TV "for free" (for at least JACO residents) I'm 100% OK with the Royals moving to Kansas.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:16 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He's weasel shit. An absolute scumbag person and politician.
Why are people convinced he’s a scumbag?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:52 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I like that, it's a good thing. The two teams need to sink or swim on their own and the Royals deal should 100% include Bally Sports providing all JACO residents free access to the games since whatever tax that's proposed will be paid in JACO. If they can't get the Royals downtown and back on TV "for free" (for at least JACO residents) I'm 100% OK with the Royals moving to Kansas.
Smart move would be to not include Bally Sports in anything, as that's an entity that is an awful business partner (Go figure, for a child company of Sinclair Broadcasting).

Most recent update has the Bally/Diamond group claiming it can't provide the details of its agreements with distributors due to confidentiality agreements, and that the confidentiality agreements themselves are confidential.

Supposedly they have something worked out with Amazon but won't share any details about it.

People seem to think the TV/regional sports network issue is a Royals-only thing. It is not. There are about a dozen other MLB teams, and NHL and NBA teams, dealing with Bally's bullshit, too.

I do think that since the teams are separating locale, it makes sense to separate funding and what's happening for them. They have very different needs and wants.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:09 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Smart move would be to not include Bally Sports in anything, as that's an entity that is an awful business partner (Go figure, for a child company of Sinclair Broadcasting).

Most recent update has the Bally/Diamond group claiming it can't provide the details of its agreements with distributors due to confidentiality agreements, and that the confidentiality agreements themselves are confidential.

Supposedly they have something worked out with Amazon but won't share any details about it.

People seem to think the TV/regional sports network issue is a Royals-only thing. It is not. There are about a dozen other MLB teams, and NHL and NBA teams, dealing with Bally's bullshit, too.

I do think that since the teams are separating locale, it makes sense to separate funding and what's happening for them. They have very different needs and wants.
I agree that Bally's sucks dirty monkey balls, but the Royals will have to work with them to fulfill what should be the requirement for the Royals to ensure JACO residents can watch on TV for free. But you are right, Bally's sucks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:06 AM Yesterday
I agree that Bally's sucks dirty monkey balls, but the Royals will have to work with them to fulfill what should be the requirement for the Royals to ensure JACO residents can watch on TV for free. But you are right, Bally's sucks.

I don’t know how you think that’s a realistic expectation. For two reasons.

First. When have the majority of Royals games EVER been available on TV for free to Jackson County residents?

That’s always been a cable package add-on of some sort, hasn’t it? Unless something existed in the 70s …

Second. Why would you think the Royals,
on their own, would be able to strong arm Bally’s into that when they have issues with several dozen other teams and in some cases literally defaulted on their contractual pay out?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:34 AM Yesterday
I don’t know how you think that’s a realistic expectation. For two reasons.

First. When have the majority of Royals games EVER been available on TV for free to Jackson County residents?

That’s always been a cable package add-on of some sort, hasn’t it? Unless something existed in the 70s …

Second. Why would you think the Royals,
on their own, would be able to strong arm Bally’s into that when they have issues with several dozen other teams and in some cases literally defaulted on their contractual pay out?
I've never bought an add-on package and we used to get it when Google had TV services, so maybe it was part of that package. And it's a contract between the team and Bally's I think they very much can negotiate with them to air the services in certain markets. Just like sports teams can black-out games in the local area to entice people to come to games, they can ensure the games can be provided in certain markets in order to get a new stadium.

I'm not saying it'll happen because, I'm saying if they aren't willing to do that one thing, I'm OK if the Royals move to Kansas and let those people pay the taxes, I don't need them in JACO to be their fan. But alas, if the majority says they want them in JACO we'll just pay the tax and see if the owner develops around some new location unlike NOT developing around the current location. And that burns me up, we're going to pay huge coin to build him a stadium so he can develop around it to make even more money.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:51 PM Yesterday
I've never bought an add-on package and we used to get it when Google had TV services, so maybe it was part of that package. And it's a contract between the team and Bally's I think they very much can negotiate with them to air the services in certain markets. Just like sports teams can black-out games in the local area to entice people to come to games, they can ensure the games can be provided in certain markets in order to get a new stadium.

I'm not saying it'll happen because, I'm saying if they aren't willing to do that one thing, I'm OK if the Royals move to Kansas and let those people pay the taxes, I don't need them in JACO to be their fan. But alas, if the majority says they want them in JACO we'll just pay the tax and see if the owner develops around some new location unlike NOT developing around the current location. And that burns me up, we're going to pay huge coin to build him a stadium so he can develop around it to make even more money.

Why in the world do you think Bally’s would stop and negotiate with one team - in the #30 market - when they’re in the midst of these proceedings, losing money hand-over-fist, and their lawyers and contract people are trying to manage that whole mess?

They’re not negotiating anything new with any single team. They’re desperately trying to get out of/and or survive the contracts they DO have.

I’m sure the Royals would be willing to negotiate something like what you suggest with Bally’s. I would also be willing to negotiate Alexandra Daddario joining Mrs. Idaho and I in a throuple. Neither one of those things is based in reality.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:00 PM Yesterday
I would also be willing to negotiate Alexandra Daddario joining Mrs. Idaho and I in a throuple. Neither one of those things is based in reality.
Please let me know if this happens. Tia.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
My belief that the Chiefs will end up in Kansas has next to nothing to do with what they're offering now. It's the utter incompetence (or outright hostility) of top people on the Jackson County side of things. A lot of things would have to change very fast for me to think Jackson County didn't already lose their chance voting through that first awful proposal.

That and reading and reading the tea leaves I’m pretty sure Hunt would like a brand new stadium as soon as possible with more room for expansion and development around it. I’m fairly certain he loves Jerry World and the surrounding area’s activities.
[Reply]
tk13 07:30 PM Yesterday
You really don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see how this might end. The Chiefs said the previous plan was the best they could do with the area around Arrowhead, people voted no and they accepted that and said they're going to look at other options now, and now this. I don't think they're going to go back to Frank White unless they absolutely have to.

Attorney representing @Chiefs speaking to Kansas legislators encouraging them to revamp STAR bonds for stadium projects: "Missouri spoke, Jackson County spoke, they had their opportunity."

— Dave D'Marko (@DaveDMarko) June 17, 2024

[Reply]
Page 126 of 127
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127 >
Up