ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1251 of 2694
« First < 25175111511201124112471248124912501251 125212531254125512611301135117512251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:15 PM 11-03-2018
Those people saying that Gurley is the best player on the best team don't know what the ffff they are talking about.

Aaron Donald is the best players on the Rams. I think if you polled the other 31 GMs and asked them if they could have one player from the Rams who would it be? And I am pretty sure nearly all would say Aaron Donald.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 PM 11-03-2018
I'm continuing my Saturday night series of getting buzzed and watching every game from the start of the season - it's fun to hear the announcers get more and more excited about Mahomes each game.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:36 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Those people saying that Gurley is the best player on the best team don't know what the ffff they are talking about.

Aaron Donald is the best players on the Rams. I think if you polled the other 31 GMs and asked them if they could have one player from the Rams who would it be? And I am pretty sure nearly all would say Aaron Donald.

There might be several guys going in front of Gurley, RB is so dime a dozen.

I still think Mahomes biggest obstacle is Brees because of the sympathy vote since he's never won one...he's breaking records, great guy, HOFer, the way things lined up for his Monday Night game even getting him talking to his kids..

All of that is an issue to overcome for Patrick.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:39 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:

I still think Mahomes biggest obstacle is Brees because of the sympathy vote since he's never won one...he's breaking records, great guy, HOFer, the way things lined up for his Monday Night game even getting him talking to his kids..

And Brees is playing extremely well this year. Highest passer rating in the league, almost no picks, etc.
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:41 PM 11-03-2018

It'll only be an issue if Mahomes cools off significantly, because it's pretty easy to look at the Saints and say that they are a running team with Drew Brees in game manager mode. And Brees' low INTs and high completion percentage are likely to change for the worse across a full season, and beyond that his stats are pretty pedestrian.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
It'll only be an issue if Mahomes cools off significantly, because it's pretty easy to look at the Saints and say that they are a running team with Drew Brees in game manager mode. And Brees' low INTs and high completion percentage are likely to change for the worse across a full season, and beyond that his stats are pretty pedestrian.
I don't disagree with you but I can see writers being like "Eh Mahomes is young he can get one, Brees deserves this" almost like his career achievement MVP since he's never gotten one.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:43 PM 11-03-2018

Sure would be nice if it was strictly a numbers thing but at this point I think nothing short of a Super Bowl victory would make it happen.

That's just too much Kansas City dick to suck in one season for these guys.
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:44 PM 11-03-2018
I don't disagree with you but I can see writers being like "Eh Mahomes is young he can get one, Brees deserves this" almost like his career achievement MVP since he's never gotten one.
There's that, but I also think some voters would be excited to vote someone young as MVP. There's so much love for Mahomes in the press. He pulls off what he's been doing for a full season and they will want to crown him the future of the league.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:46 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And Brees is playing extremely well this year. Highest passer rating in the league, almost no picks, etc.
Give it to him so we win the Super Bowl.

MVP has been a death sentence for NFL greats. I want history on our side.
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:47 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Give it to him so we win the Super Bowl.

MVP has been a death sentence for NFL greats. I want history on our side.
Everything has been the death sentence in KC for nearly 50 years. Fuck curses, we're beyond them. If Mahomes keep doing this, he's the best player in the league and deserves the honor.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:47 AM 11-04-2018

I was having a discussion about the MVP and Gurley. He thinks Gurley is slightly ahead and I obviously think it's Mahomes.

You said RBs were a dime a d8, and that's the approach that I took as well. He said Gurley was a first round pick, and he was on pace to break LTs record etc. So, I used two KC running backs to make my point.

Superstar running backs are nice to have. On rookie salaries. But it's been statistically proven that most teams can get the exact same production from a late round RB, and the cost is much less. I did say production, because big time players sometimes have an it factor, like showing out in big games, but usually carries, yards, receptions, etc. can be matched by lesser players.

First example is Priest Holmes. He was undrafted, and until an injury ended his career, he was performing as well as LT, who was a first round pick.

Second example is Kareem Hunt. He was a third round pick, and led the league in rushing his rookie year, and this year through 8 games he is PFF's highest rated RB in either conference.

But in most circumstances, QB is a position where being a first round pick usually (there exceptions like Montana and Brady) means that you are more likely to be successful, and the production of a first round QB cannot be matched by a late round fill in.

Bell holds out in Pittsburgh, and third rounder Conner puts up numbers close to what the Steelers lost without Bell. But if Big Ben missed games, due to injury or arrests related to rape, the late round backup can't just put down his clipboard and step in without the team missing a beat. I know Bell was a second rounder, but his salary demands make it relevant anecdotal evidence.

I know Gurley is talented, and a top 3 RB, but he isn't even the best player on his team. Mahomes is clearly the best player on the Chiefs, and our roster is loaded with offensive Pro-Bowl talent.

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:15 AM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

This all day.

Donald is fucking wild.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:11 PM 11-04-2018

Major General -
Upon arrival in the Land of Cleve we came upon a frightened band of lost soldiers. At the sight of them we tied one hand behind our backs, our knees together and stuffed spoiled produce down our trousers. The cannon remained true; victory is ours.
- Capt. Mahomes

— Capt. Patrick Mahomes (@CaptMahomesII) November 4, 2018

[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:17 PM 11-04-2018
just going to post that.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 03:43 PM 11-04-2018
Mahomes just passed Todd Blackledge and tied Joe Montana on the Chiefs career pass TD list at 29.
Attached: Chiefs Passing TD Leaders.jpg (67.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 1251 of 2694
« First < 25175111511201124112471248124912501251 125212531254125512611301135117512251 > Last »
Up