ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 232
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:10 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Considering LeBron's supporting cast is shit, yes.
But they DO have Lebron. Supposedly one of the greatest of all time. Who on the Celts comes close to measuring up to him?

So basically you have a Cleveland team full of scrubs versus a Celtics team full of scrubs (minus maybe rookie Tatum) and only one of those teams has Lebron James. Cleveland SHOULD HAVE won this series easily, just based on the fact they have Lebron and nothing else.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:10 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By your logic it’s better to let it get to 7 games.
Not at all, but there's no doubt that he's the greatest big game performer of all time considering game 7/elimination game track record.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:10 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
:-)
They were awful tonight and awful on the road, just like Lebron’s supporting cast. You’ve talked about how shit their team and the Eastern Conference, but now that it won’t fit your narrative you will contradict yourself.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:10 PM 05-27-2018

And look at that. :-)
:-) Nick Wright thinks the East is close to the West
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
But they DO have Lebron. Supposedly one of the greatest of all time. Who on the Celts comes close to measuring up to him?

So basically you have a Cleveland team full of scrubs versus a Celtics team full of scrubs (minus maybe rookie Tatum) and only one of those teams has Lebron James. Cleveland SHOULD HAVE won this series easily, just based on the fact they have Lebron and nothing else.
Lebron’s greatness only matters when talking about the individual. It never matters for the team when you’re trashing them to make him look better.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:12 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
:-) Nick Wright thinks the East is close to the West
NICk Wrong is a fucking idiot and the biggest Lebron ball sucker of all time (minus KCC, of course) . . . .
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 05-27-2018
LeBron too tired to even stand up for the trophy presentation.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:12 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I disagree.

That's like saying the Angels should win every playoff series in a sweep because they have Mike Trout.

LeBron's greatness still doesn't make up for the poor roster around him.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:13 PM 05-27-2018
You have to be a truly twisted fuck not to be able to respect LeBron's greatness. Whether you think he's the GOAT or a top-five player, think about how rare it is to see someone that good at something. Just appreciate the greatness instead of trying to discredit it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:14 PM 05-27-2018
I disagree.

That's like saying the Angels should win every playoff series in a sweep because they have Mike Trout.

Baseball is a horrible comparison. A basketball star is more like an NFL QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 PM 05-27-2018
I disagree.

This is basketball.

When one teams best player is the 2nd best player ever and the others is a rookie, it most certainly matters.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:14 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
I'd say that's fair, though I'd say this Celtics team is better defensively. The Celtics have a bright future for sure. I can't believe the Sixers and Celtics passed on Tatum, awful.

Yep. Losing Hayward was a big blow but it lead to the emergence of Tatum and Brown but losing Irving was the death blow for this season. I predicted right before the playoffs they had no chance to make the EC Finals so this was all gravy for the Celtics.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:15 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You have to be a truly twisted **** not to be able to respect LeBron's greatness. Whether you think he's the GOAT or a top-five player, think about how rare it is to see someone that good at something. Just appreciate the greatness instead of trying to discredit it.
I think he is a great player but an emotional and mental pussy.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:16 PM 05-27-2018
Not at all, but there's no doubt that he's the greatest big game performer of all time considering game 7/elimination game track record.
See how that works both ways?

Remember that when you try to say Lebron would be better off losing in the 1st round like a moron.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:17 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You have to be a truly twisted fuck not to be able to respect LeBron's greatness. Whether you think he's the GOAT or a top-five player, think about how rare it is to see someone that good at something. Just appreciate the greatness instead of trying to discredit it.

Totally agree. I used to dislike him but I have come to really like him and respect him because he seems like a really good guy, a good father, a good role model and a truly great player.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 232
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up