ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 268
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:15 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's really cool. We get to explore this whole fresh idea now of, like, what if Vader had overthrown the Emperor.

Far, far more interesting than setting up a rehash of Jedi.
There are parts of Last Jedi that are obvious re-hashes of ROTJ, and parts that are clearly ESB....almost as if Rian was like "fuck it, let's get the rehashing out of the way so we can explore new ground".

I need to see it a third time and really digest it...tough to summarize in words how I feel about it, but overall I liked it a lot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:15 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Waiting for the 5:00 showing to start. :-)
I think you're going to love it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:16 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
There are parts of Last Jedi that are obvious re-hashes of ROTJ, and parts that are clearly ESB....almost as if Rian was like "fuck it, let's get the rehashing out of the way so we can explore new ground".
He ran through the old setpieces and had completely different outcomes.

It was genius.

Now Abrams is forced to be creative. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:27 PM 12-16-2017
I mean, maybe Snoke did his Force Bond thing while Rey and Kylo were dueling in the forest. Maybe that's why she got such an insane power boost from seemingly out of nowhere. She's drawing off that famed Skywalker bloodline.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:35 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Waiting for the 5:00 showing to start. :-)
YOu're gonna miss the start of the game but maybe that is the idea?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:25 PM 12-16-2017
I did enjoy the movie but but but but something annoyed me.

Kylo Ren hardly wore his helmet that made him look bad ass as fuck. No he goes and destroys his own helmet and didn't wear another one. This pisses me off because don't they learn anything in movies give us what we want? I don't know if anyone else give a fuck what I'm saying but they wanted to just show his face I get that doesn't change I wanted to see him fight with his helmet on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Here's the problem with this movie and the way it has structured the universe: it's a nihilistic exercise.

The plot was in many ways an elaborate troll job--Who are Rey's parents? Doesn't matter. What was Snoke's background? Doesn't matter. Who is the guy with the flower on his lapel? Doesn't matter.

In moderation, that is fine, but when it's done over and over again, it's thematic trolling.

If the Force continually brings balance and all of the characters die in some interaction related to its balancing, then their actions are meaningless in light of the future plot developments, because they are nothing but pawns.

If Anakin Skywalker exists to bring balance to the Force, and in the process both contributes to the creation and destruction of a galactic empire, that arc has meaning. If things immediately go to shit afterwards and the First Order replaces the Empire and continues doing Empire things, then his actions accomplish nothing.

If Luke pushes Vader back to the light and brings him redemption, then his actions have value. If immediately thereafter the empire that he destroys returns with different branding, and he lives his remaining time as an exile, his original actions accomplished nothing.

The challenge these writers were presented with was to grow the universe and present new, compelling stories. Good writers can accomplish that without sacrificing the meaning of the preceding stories in the process. Bad writers can't.
Star Wars sequels should have the best writers in Hollywood. They got the money and I'm sure some of the best writers are also fans.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
YOu're gonna miss the start of the game but maybe that is the idea?
I'm having about 50-70 people over to my house for a Christmas party. Going to have to avoid news and watch it in the am.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:36 PM 12-16-2017
He ran through the old setpieces and had completely different outcomes.

It was genius.

Now Abrams is forced to be creative. :-)
I really hope Abrams does his best to Retconn what happened in TLJ and just go full board on a Fan service apology tour for the last movie.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:39 PM 12-16-2017

Kylo Ren hardly wore his helmet that made him look bad ass as fuck. No he goes and destroys his own helmet and didn't wear another one. This pisses me off because don't they learn anything in movies give us what we want? I don't know if anyone else give a fuck what I'm saying but they wanted to just show his face I get that doesn't change I wanted to see him fight with his helmet on.
Its symbolic. He destroyed his helmet because he's done trying to be Vader. He actually surpasses him in the movie anyway.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:40 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I really hope Abrams does his best to Retconn what happened in TLJ and just go full board on a Fan service apology tour for the last movie.
What the hell was so bad that you want them to retcon?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:54 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:56 PM 12-16-2017
Kylo Ren hardly wore his helmet that made him look bad ass as fuck.
:-):-):-):-)

Some of you have no idea what goes into making a good movie.

Maybe go watch Transformers and let Rian Johnson handle the master filmmaking.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:07 PM 12-16-2017

Kylo Ren hardly wore his helmet that made him look bad ass as ****. No he goes and destroys his own helmet and didn't wear another one. This pisses me off because don't they learn anything in movies give us what we want? I don't know if anyone else give a **** what I'm saying but they wanted to just show his face I get that doesn't change I wanted to see him fight with his helmet on.
Kylo Ren not wearing his helmet isn't an issue. He's letting the past die
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:10 PM 12-16-2017
Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong.
How is it wrong seeing Luke go out that way was pretty much the opposite of fan service.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 268
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up