ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 136
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
kstater 04:42 PM 06-16-2018
I don’t think it’s set up unfairly. Guys are being too aggressive, if they’d swallow their pride,...

Koepka just ran a birdie putt 15’ past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 04:57 PM 06-16-2018
Daniel Berger and Tony Finau started the day 11 shots back.

If DJ can pick up one more bogey, they are going to be the final pairing tomorrow.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:33 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:
I don’t think it’s set up unfairly. Guys are being too aggressive, if they’d swallow their pride,...

There are a number of ways to make a course difficult. I prefer the old US Open style setup of high rough around the greens and deep rough just off the fairway with a short intermediate cut.

The Mike Davis style setups make the fairways much, much wider and bakes them out, which means that good drives end up going 30-50 yards longer than normal and the bank of every green complex is shaved to allow for huge runouts. Basically, he sets up every course like it has Pinehurst's greens.

If you soften the fairways and pinch them, you place a premium on driving and it means that you don't need a 520-yard par four or a tile-like green surface.

You can still have the greens run at 10-11, and with their undulation, they would be difficult, but not asinine. Use thicker rough around the greens to require chop outs and you don't have to kill the greens to make them difficult.
[Reply]
tk13 05:36 PM 06-16-2018
:-) There it is. Berger and Finau are the final group. That's amazing. I don't recall the last time something like this happened.

That green on 18 was a beast at the end of the day.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:41 PM 06-16-2018
I don't know if there is a worse sports figurehead than Mike Davis. What a fucking buffoon.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:46 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
:-) There it is. Berger and Finau are the final group. That's amazing. I don't recall the last time something like this happened.

That green on 18 was a beast at the end of the day.
I don't recall it ever happening. The closest was the 1992 US Open at Pebble. The final round was so ridiculous that Monty finished hours beforehand at even and Jack Nicklaus congratulated him in the booth for winning the US Open. It didn't ultimately end up happening (Tom Kite won), but it was close.
[Reply]
srvy 06:16 PM 06-16-2018
I guess we will see what tomorrow brings. Will they give into the whiners and make favorable pin placements. As a hacker I enjoy the pain these guys are filling:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:28 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess we will see what tomorrow brings. Will they give into the whiners and make favorable pin placements. As a hacker I enjoy the pain these guys are filling:-)
I love setups that are brutal from tee to green. What I don't like are pin positions where you can't get a ball to stop anywhere near the hole. If you've ever played a really tough course with pins like that, it's absolutely maddening.

Any idiot can cut a pin on a hog's back and make it impossible.
[Reply]
srvy 08:29 PM 06-16-2018
whoops feeling oh well.:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:52 PM 06-16-2018
If it was somebody other than Phil Mickelson (or the equivalent in terms of stature in the game) that did that today, the USGA would have disqualified that player for sure.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:56 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Fox's golf coverage is terrible. Faxon is a blithering idiot, Strange and Azinger are boring as Hell, and Holly Sonders is a homeless man's Madison Ivy without showing off the goods.
Hey I miss Holly's tits on the golf channel I can't lie. But Fox ruins everything including golf.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:59 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:

It's definitely unfair. Mini golf is not championship golf.
[Reply]
ping2000 09:31 PM 06-16-2018
I hate Buck even more after today.
[Reply]
srvy 10:44 AM 06-17-2018
USGA caved 11 of 18 pins center green. Should be a good tourney possibly better scoring depending the wind.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I have to give props to Dustin Johnson. Even though I think he is a complete scumbag and one of the dumbest mother****ers that ever lived, he is in complete control of his game right now. Pretty impressive display.
Story? I know he had a drug problem but im not going to hold that against him. I though Patrick Reed & Bubba Watson were the assholes on tour
[Reply]
Page 125 of 136
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up