ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 158
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:06 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, WTF is up with the Brady floaters? At least a couple in the Packers game were just begging to be picked, especially the one where he was practically horizontal when he threw it.

I would put Tampa's defense maybe 3rd best they've played in the past calendar year, after the 49ers and Saints, and they put up 30 each in those games... it's just nuts. The whole "the only team that can beat them is themselves" thing is way overused, but at the very least on offense, that's been true for a while.

And agreed on TB's luck on offense... TD drives against the Saints were 40, 20, and 4 yards. I believe the stat is 6 out of 7 Chiefs TD drives have been 75+ yards (of course they missed an easy shot after the pick in the Browns game), while none of the Bucs' 10 are that long... and even then, only a couple in the 60-75 range.

Off the top of my head easily the Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, and maybe the Broncos are all better defenses than the Bucs, especially when it comes to how they matchup with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Off the top of my head easily the Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, and maybe the Broncos are all better defenses than the Bucs, especially when it comes to how they matchup with the Chiefs.
Saints? Healthy 49ers?

The Bucs defense is good, but not great. I’m not even sure it’s better than ours to be honest. Yea their front 7 is really good, but our secondary is just so much better.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:11 PM 02-05-2021

A 'wow' stat: Sunday will be Tom Brady's 10th Super Bowl appearance.

Brady has never led a touchdown drive in the first quarter of a Super Bowl. His offenses put up a grand total of 3 points in the opening quarter.

No touchdowns in 9 games. Just one field goal. Amazing.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) February 5, 2021

[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:12 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

The Bucs defense is good, but not great. I’m not even sure it’s better than ours to be honest.
It's not.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:12 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bill isn’t going to be there to hold down the Chiefs offense. I hope we boat race these fucking assholes.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:13 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Bill isn’t going to be there to hold down the Chiefs offense. I hope we boat race these fucking assholes.
I feel a blowout brewing...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not.
It's certainly not a favorable matchup.

The core of their offense is the deep ball. The strength of our defense is the deep ball (one of the best in the league against deep passes actually).

The core of their defense is stopping the run. The strength of our offense is the passing game.

They're going to have to play counter to their tendencies if they want a chance to win and you know how it often goes when a team tries to shed their identity and pretend to be something else...
[Reply]
GoBills! 12:15 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
We are unified in our hatred of Tounge-Kissing Tom...Hopefully this is the last year of the NFL coddling him to Superbowls.

Chiefs are primed to be the new enemy..its fun to watch.

Everyone loved Mahomes at first...until he beats THEIR team. Rams/ Seahawks are the only ones left...and the NFCE next year.
To me, Mahomes is like Peyton Manning. I always liked Peyton, and if we lost to him it wasn't a big deal. I always wanted to see him win if he wasn't playing the Bills.

It is a bit different, in that the Bills were a non-factor for so long when Peyton was good that it wasn't like him beating our 5-11 team was heartbreaking. Mahomes, on the other hand, is going to stand in the way of us getting back to the SB. Still, I feel no animosity toward the Chiefs.

Brady is totally different. I cannot stand seeing him win a preseason game against the Lions, let alone anything meaningful.

To me, it's simple: first I cheer for the Bills. After that, whatever makes Brady and/or New England fans miserable I'm for it!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:16 PM 02-05-2021

[Reply]
carcosa 12:16 PM 02-05-2021
MAKE IT BE SUNDAY NOW
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:17 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Saints? Healthy 49ers?

The Bucs defense is good, but not great. I’m not even sure it’s better than ours to be honest. Yea their front 7 is really good, but our secondary is just so much better.

I was responding and disagreeing to his statement that the Bucs are the third best defense behind the Saints and 49ers that we have faced in the last year. I think all those I listed are better than the Bucs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:17 PM 02-05-2021

[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:19 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's certainly not a favorable matchup.

The core of their offense is the deep ball. The strength of our defense is the deep ball (one of the best in the league against deep passes actually).

The core of their defense is stopping the run. The strength of our offense is the passing game.

They're going to have to play counter to their tendencies if they want a chance to win and you know how it often goes when a team tries to shed their identity and pretend to be something else...
Yup. And if they fall behind early the buccs offense will have to ditch their new-found two TE, play action off the run game offense and revert back to "No risk it no Biscuit", aka Tom Brady's "Chuck & Duck" style of offense. That will be an unmitigated disaster.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:20 PM 02-05-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I was responding and disagreeing to his statement that the Bucs are the third best defense behind the Saints and 49ers that we have faced in the last year. I think all those I listed are better than the Bucs.
Ahh I didn’t read his post. My fault.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 158
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up