ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 366
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:07 PM 12-18-2015
Jesus those Coyote motors are wide.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:25 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
78mm Turbo

That drain angle is scary, hope the scavenge pump can keep up.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:35 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
I wouldn't look at much in these pictures as being permanent. The car is very, very early in the fabrication phase. All those details will get ironed out as the build moves along.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:39 PM 12-18-2015
The engine, trans, etc all of that stuff is just in there for mock up purposes. All that shit is going to come in and out several times before the car even goes to paint and body.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:08 PM 12-18-2015
I have no idea what is going on in this thread anymore.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:18 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Jesus those Coyote motors are wide.
DOHC, I've heard the timing chain is a mile long too.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:21 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Ok, break it down for the turbo newb here.
Are you talking about that bolt on fitting between the drive and compressor shells that looks like an oil return line?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:28 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Ok, break it down for the turbo newb here.
Are you talking about that bolt on fitting between the drive and compressor shells that looks like an oil return line?
Yes the oil return. On a typical high mount (higher than the oil pan) location you use a gravity feed setup to drain the oil from the bearing. On a low mount like that one you use a scavenge pump. If the angle is too extreme or drain too small you risk backing up oil in the turbo, blowing seals along with other nasties.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:32 PM 12-18-2015
So santa just came in the form of UPS. I guess I wasnt supposed to see my christmas present but the guy knocked on the door and handed it to me.. what am I gunna do?

so I guess my GF WAS listening to me rattle on about car shit.. researched on her own and bought me EXACTLY what I needed!

wham bam thank you maaam!

New rear LCAs, panhard bar, and LCA relocation brackets/hardware.. basically all the stuff I need to start my rear suspension.

That frees up my dollars to get subframe connectors, springs, and shocks. Hell, maybe even a torque arm~
[Reply]
hometeam 04:32 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
DOHC, I've heard the timing chain is a mile long too.
yep. This is why everyone does LS swaps into every car.

Pushrod motors are much smaller than DOHC motors.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:39 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So santa just came in the form of UPS. I guess I wasnt supposed to see my christmas present but the guy knocked on the door and handed it to me.. what am I gunna do?

so I guess my GF WAS listening to me rattle on about car shit.. researched on her own and bought me EXACTLY what I needed!

wham bam thank you maaam!

New rear LCAs, panhard bar, and LCA relocation brackets/hardware.. basically all the stuff I need to start my rear suspension.

That frees up my dollars to get subframe connectors, springs, and shocks. Hell, maybe even a torque arm~
Nice, good girl. I can explain car shit to my wife till im blue in the face and she'll look at me like, "You done now?".
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:55 PM 12-18-2015
Nice, good girl. I can explain car shit to my wife till im blue in the face and she'll look at me like, "You done now?".
Mine runs the office at the shop and always used to , and every once in a while still, ask some stupid ass questions.

It would drive me nuts but I was too stupid to understand she just didn't know the basics. She was actually trying to learn. Now I can listen to her talk to customers and she not only sounds like she knows what she's talking about she actually does.

Pretty proud of her.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:00 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have no idea what is going on in this thread anymore.
Lewdog?:-)

[Reply]
stevieray 05:04 PM 12-18-2015
My wife and then 17 year old daughter installed an inline six in her Chevy II.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:13 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
My wife and then 17 year old daughter installed an inline six in her Chevy II.
Awesome. If my wife were into cars, my toy would probably be a lot further along by now.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 366
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up