JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:35 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
REPORT: The #Ravens current offer to free agent RB Derrick Henry is in the range of 6.5 million per year, according to
@StainbrookNFL
i mean hell….for that cheap i think you offer $7mil to keep him away from baltimore
[Reply]
staylor26 08:37 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i mean hell….for that cheap i think you offer $7mil to keep him away from baltimore
Fuck no. He's "that cheap" because he's old and on the decline.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:38 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I have always liked Mooney.

After last year I find it crazy that a guy that runs a 4.3 40, runs great routes, and fights for the football is someone that can't improve the WR room.

People obsess over production.

If all you do is grab players that were in great situations and used well then how do you ever get a value or a deal?

JuJu was also thought to have been "exposed" when we signed him by some because he wasn't doing what he did earlier in his career in Pittsburgh.

He's not a #1 but he would have been the #1 here last year for much of the year until Rice got going.
You're not listening . HE'S NOT THE SAME PLAYER SINCE THE INJURY. Good fucking God. He's a sack of shit the last 2 years just like the rest of our WRs other than Raahhee.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:38 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't understand the notion that because the team tried some reclamation projects and they didn't work as expected that they're forbidden from trying them again. The sample size on these things is small and every reclamation project is hardly some cookie cutter thing.

Is this team never allowed to attempt to dabble in the mid tier of NFL WRs again because those are the guys that aren't oozing elite nor are they at vet minimum? Should we either just pull guys off the scrap heap - again reclamation projects - or chronically look to overpay at the top of the market?

Veach is going to evolve and be fluid in these situations. He's not going to let his experience with MVS impact what he does in this free agency period just as he won't let his pick of Skyy Moore have any impact on how he attacks the receiver position in the draft. And god damnit I think that's plenty ****ing fine by me.

The chess board is complicated here. Let Veach ****ing work.
I agree, He's a fucking Mad Scientist, cooking up wins!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:39 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'd rather bring James and Hardman back at their price points ($2M combined) and draft a WR than throw $8-10M at Mooney.

I think either one could be this 600-800 yard WR we're looking for - hell, Mecole has been that guy before, for us.

We've had interest in Josh Reynolds in the past, and that should be a $3M deal at most.

We don't need to throw a ton of money at the position, unless they feel Ridley (or a trade for a difference maker) is an option.
I do wonder if Mecole can be reclaimed. He still only turns 26 this year. In 21 and then again in 22 before injury he was giving the kind of number 3 production we need, assuming we are drafting WR in the first that can repeat Rice development.

Last year after the Toney and Skyy busts we were all saying if only we had Hardman's numbers back we'd be fine.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:40 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fuck no. He's "that cheap" because he's old and on the decline.
you see how piss poor KC is in short yardage situations…..
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:40 PM 03-11-2024
Hell no, why would you care about Henry going to Balt and why the hell would you give him so much money? $7 mil is ridiculous for a RB that'll be 30.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:40 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
**** no. He's "that cheap" because he's old and on the decline.
Yeah that's dumb as shit and a complete waste of cap space.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:41 PM 03-11-2024
you see how piss poor KC is in short yardage situations…..
Cash strapped. We can get a back in the mid to late rounds who can get us a yard. There's a dozen of them in this draft. With that said we do need #2 I don't think Pop can last along time taking the hits he does
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:41 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I do wonder if Mecole can be reclaimed. He still only turns 26 this year. In 21 and then again in 22 before injury he was giving the kind of number 3 production we need, assuming we are drafting WR in the first that can repeat Rice development.

Last year after the Toney and Skyy busts we were all saying if only we had Hardman's numbers back we'd be fine.
Every year he's been healthy, he's been that 500-700 yard guy. Was on pace to do the same in 2022 before the injury.

We don't need to overpay for this production.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 PM 03-11-2024

What exactly has MLFootball broken?
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:41 PM 03-11-2024

Yes please.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:42 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What exactly has MLFootball broken?
To be fair, it says the source is the Athletic.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Right.

Mooney is going to cost 8-10X what Mecole Hardman will.

Mooney may not outperform Mecole at all, and certainly won't by 8-10x.
Seriously. We don't need to pay this dude a big chunk just to hope he can be baseline competent as our 3rd option. Just bringing Hardman back and tossing out the scrubs was enough to win the Super Bowl. I'd rather trust Veach to pull a rookie ready to contribute immediately and use that $$$ on the OL.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:43 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
One early takeaway: Only two WRs signed with new teams today and both went to the #Jaguars: Gabriel Davis (3-yrs/$39M) and Devin Duvernay (2-yrs, $12.5M).

****ing sick of these idiots ballooning this shit.
Devin Duvernay’s contract said it was a base $8.5 million for 2 years. The maximum value is $12.5 million.

Sounds like it’s a $4.25 million APY contract with incentives to make more
[Reply]
Page 123 of 365
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up