« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:49 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That MMQB article definitely seems in line with realistic thinking... it paints the move as more sensible than it has been thus far.

I wish KC still had Ballard, but I think they should be fine. A lot rides on Mahomes.
Well its pretty insane to think Clark made this move on a whim or without serious reasons for doing so.

He has stated many times he really wants continuity in the organization.

All this flailing and bashing of Clark is ridiculous really when you consider we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Clark has been nothing but remarkable as an owner since taking over, not sure what more he could be doing to this point.

He just Ok'd 2 not one but 2 first round draft picks to get Mahomes.

Clark is a guy who many here claimed wouldn't "allow" a single first round pick to be used on a QB. The same people who truly believed THAT somehow think they know exactly why Clark fired Dorsey and they act as if they know what Clark is thinking all the time.

Its pretty comical really.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:53 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That MMQB article definitely seems in line with realistic thinking... it paints the move as more sensible than it has been thus far.

I wish KC still had Ballard, but I think they should be fine. A lot rides on Mahomes.
I'm with you, pugs. My initial reaction to the Dorsey firing was negative. I thought Clark had somehow made a knee-jerk, emotional move without much due diligence. However, after reading that MMQB piece, it sure looks like Hunt had sufficient reason for making the move. It sounds like things changed a bit when Ballard left (as if a key counter-balance to Dorsey was removed), and Hunt was concerned that without Ballard around, Dorsey's rather unpolished, unstructured approach to things simply was not going to work long term. Hence the move to release Dorsey. Kind of all makes sense now.

Thanks to all who have posted material relating to Dorsey's departure. CP strikes again!!!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:57 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by booger:
Matt Russell with the Donkeys was an area scout for Reid in Philly for a couple years.
Russell is the guy who discovered Matt Cassell and convinced Pioli/BB to draft him. He's also Elway's right-hand man.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Russell is the guy who discovered Matt Cassell and convinced Pioli/BB to draft him. He's also Elway's right-hand man.
This explains why Denver hasn't had a pro bowler or all pro from any of their last 4 drafts.

Surprised Denver kept Patriot scum around
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:46 AM 06-29-2017
If Clark Hunt was displeased with Dorsey before allowing Ballard to walk, why did he allow Ballard to walk?

Also, Breer's comment about Veach doesn't bode well for him as the next GM as Clark may not want history to repeat itself.

It also makes sense why Clark is bringing in guys that are known for their organizational and management skills. It sounds like Clark wants the GM to manage and make the final decisions regarding personnel but would prefer a manager to a scout running the football operations.

It also sounds like Dorsey and Pioli were polar opposites when it came or management styles, so Clark is probably looking for someone in the middle.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If Clark Hunt was displeased with Dorsey before allowing Ballard to walk, why did he allow Ballard to walk?

Also, Breer's comment about Veach doesn't bode well for him as the next GM as Clark may not want history to repeat itself.

It also makes sense why Clark is bringing in guys that are known for their organizational and management skills. It sounds like Clark wants the GM to manage and make the final decisions regarding personnel but would prefer a manager to a scout running the football operations.

It also sounds like Dorsey and Pioli were polar opposites when it came or management styles, so Clark is probably looking for someone in the middle.
I must've missed the part about Veach. What did he say?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:04 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's my question. If there were issue while we still had Ballard, why let him go? If the issues happened after Ballard left, where they really worth firing him over?

One way or another, I see no way the contract talks should have happened after Ballard left. If your #2 is leaving, you better know your #1 is staying.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:06 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
My god. Is he also the guy who beheads people in Iraq?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I must've missed the part about Veach. What did he say?
5. The leader for the job still seems to be co-director of player personnel Brett Veach, who is young, enthusiastic and energetic. The question with him is how he would handle working in the office day-to-day, since his background is largely as a road scout.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:10 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That's my question. If there were issue while we still had Ballard, why let him go? If the issues happened after Ballard left, where they really worth firing him over?

One way or another, I see no way the contract talks should have happened after Ballard left. If your #2 is leaving, you better know your #1 is staying.
What's stranger still is that Breer says the "issue" began 2 years ago.

Does that mean two years ago, as in this time in 2015?

Or does it mean two seasons ago, in 2014??

Either way, Clark must have been biting his tongue after the 1-5 start in 2015.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:16 AM 06-29-2017
Well, it's been a week and it ain't any less stupid.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:17 AM 06-29-2017
They said the section of Hogan and extensions to Fisher and LDT were tipping points. Dorsey basically made all the decisions by himself instead of communicating with other people. The release of Maclin was all Dorsey and there were people in the Chiefs front office who didn't even knew he was released until it was public
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 06-29-2017
The MMQB article provided one excellent nugget, IMO (because the bitching over Fisher and LDT is stupid).

It points out the sort of organizational chaos that arose after the more organized Ballard left. It kindof explains the weird way the whole Maclin deal went down. It also allays some concerns I had that he's looking for another 'corporate' Pioli when perhaps he's really just looking for someone that running around with his hair on fire. A happy medium, so to speak.

I still think we'll feel this in a big way in the draft and I don't think that Dorsey really got his ass kicked in these contract deals (the deals he gave are market deals except for Hali. DJ's was high but DJ took a cut that put it back in line and injury hurt us there). But if Ballard was a counterbalance that was needed to keep Dorsey from having a Yakkity Sax style front office, then perhaps a change was needed.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Clark has been nothing but remarkable as an owner since taking over, not sure what more he could be doing to this point.
Remarkable? Holy shit man :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:20 AM 06-29-2017
This is the same problem that has plagued the Chiefs franchise going back to Lamar Hunt... the Hunt family waits too long to make needed decisions.

Clark should have made this move with Dorsey back in January, so Ballard could have been promoted to GM.

Just like Clark let Scott Pioli almost burn down his franchise before making the necessary change.

Just like Clark and Lamar let Carl Peterson stay on about 10 years past his expiration date as GM.

Just like Lamar let Jack Steadman run the franchise into the ground for two decades before finally making a change.

At least Clark is more engaged in the day to day football operations of the franchise than his father appeared to be, but the indecisiveness and being too slow to make big decisions has remained the same.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 137
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up