ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 208
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 02:58 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Arm band all the way. Very convenient.

Plus I get some major flex action going on for the dudes when I reach up and change the song.
Fyp
[Reply]
el borracho 09:56 AM 06-24-2015
Anyone care to recommend a multivitamin? It has been suggested that I take one that includes magnesium, iron, and calcium to help support my weight training. Also like input on recommended dosages for those (and other) elements.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 AM 06-24-2015
Multivitamins are complete scams.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:44 AM 06-24-2015
http://www.amazon.com/NXE-ActiveSLEE.../dp/B0042KWIIG

Had these cause my arm could not fit in those arm bands.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:03 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Anyone care to recommend a multivitamin? It has been suggested that I take one that includes magnesium, iron, and calcium to help support my weight training. Also like input on recommended dosages for those (and other) elements.
If you are a male and eat meat, you don't need iron. Supplemental iron for males actually increases your risk of heart disease and is not recommended. Look for one that is iron free. Many out there. Doesn't make much of a difference which one you choose. You aren't gaining much by taking a multivitamin so you could skip it if you'd like, but if you feel you must take it, get one that isn't a rip off.

I take extra Magnesium and Potassium for my high blood pressure and it has helped lower my BP numbers a tad. It also helps since my prescription BP medication has a small dose of diuretic and replacing magnesium and potassium is important since it causes my to lose excess fluids. So far tards like Clay who say the are worthless, he's somewhat wrong. But in the grand scheme of things, a multivitamin is very over-rated for most people.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:24 PM 07-01-2015
Saw many members of Sweet Daddy Williams family at the gym today.

I call them "Cable Warriors."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:25 PM 07-01-2015
Went from working out 5 days a week to 4. I feel like a fat ass
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:26 PM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I call them "Cable Warriors."

[Reply]
thabear04 11:51 PM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
I'm taking a week off letting my body rest. I feel like a fat ass but I been watching what I eat. My rib is bruise, something wrong with my shoulder and my right foot still hurts. I haven't lift but I been doing jump ropes and running the stairs at the High school.
[Reply]
Silock 12:36 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Multivitamins are complete scams.
No one can eat perfectly every day. Multis can help fill in the gaps. Scams, not really.
[Reply]
Silock 12:37 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I take a children's chewable from Costco.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:20 AM 07-02-2015
I have to go two weeks without being able to go to gym. Dog had TPLO surgery and I have to take care of his expensive ass. :-(
[Reply]
penguinz 07:22 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:
http://www.amazon.com/NXE-ActiveSLEE.../dp/B0042KWIIG

Had these cause my arm could not fit in those arm bands.
I had that and it worked for awhile. They won;t stay on my arms anymore. 16" arms so not that big.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:58 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have to go two weeks without being able to go to gym. Dog had TPLO surgery and I have to take care of his expensive ass. :-(
Sorry to bear that Penz.

I went about 5 days without doing cardio going back and doing it again felt like it had been 5 years. It's good to be in that mindset though shows were putting in work.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:01 AM 07-02-2015
Sorry to bear that Penz.

I went about 5 days without doing cardio going back and doing it again felt like it had been 5 years. It's good to be in that mindset though shows were putting in work.
I could not care less about missing cardio. I get enough of that in daily life.

I literally get symptoms of depressions when I go several days without lifting. When it is an almost daily part of your life for a decade it sucks when it is missing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07-02-2015, 08:10 AM
This message has been deleted by BigCatDaddy.
Page 122 of 208
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Up