ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 268
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:28 AM 12-16-2017
Stayed up til 2 AM skyping with my cousin about this movie last night.

I almost lost my voice. :-)

This is such a fun movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
I would assume that nudging oneself in the zero gravity of space is far easier than picking up large boulders against the pull of the planet's gravity. Much in the same way the little boulders that luke moves when he is training with Yoda are easier for him to lift than the xwing buried in the swamp.
The real answer is "who cares."

You can nitpick a thousand things just like that in the original trilogy.

This movie was completely enjoyable in an original way no Star Wars movie has been since the 80s, and manages to pull off most everything in a believable manner.

If you didn't like it, you hate fun. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:44 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

This movie was completely enjoyable in an original way no Star Wars movie has been since the 80s, and manages to pull off most everything in a believable manner.

Maybe you need to stop indexing everything against what happens in a Star Wars movie and start analyzing it from the perspective of plot and narrative consistency.

It's not a bad film, nor is it unenjoyable, but it's also not a 93-percent-positively-rated film either.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:46 AM 12-16-2017
Got tickets for one o clock showing. Opted out of the 3D at noon.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:51 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Your barometer of what is “fun” is broken.

Unless boring and stupid, to you, is “fun.”
[Reply]
Bowser 12:04 PM 12-16-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 12:05 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Got tickets for one o clock showing. Opted out of the 3D at noon.
Yeah, good move. I didn't enjoy the 3D at all.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:08 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
I just thought of it as a false flag--she's continually waiting for a reveal that will never present itself because it's ultimately unimportant. Sometimes we look for significance in areas that aren't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 12-16-2017
I’m taking the 7 year old to see it tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:13 PM 12-16-2017
Luke is going to Gandalf the White it in Ep. 9 before sailing off to the Grey Haven Galaxy.

Count on it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Maybe you need to stop indexing everything against what happens in a Star Wars movie and start analyzing it from the perspective of plot and narrative consistency.

It's not a bad film, nor is it unenjoyable, but it's also not a 93-percent-positively-rated film either.
As a Star Wars film...yes it is.

We're not dealing with great cinema here. This isn't The Shawshank Redemption. The plot doesn't have to be airtight.

You know how easy it is to sit here and poke holes in every Star Wars film?

You might as well be saying "why didn't the Death Star just come out of hyperspace closer to Yavin IV?" or "why didn't the gunners take out the pod R2-D2 and C-3P0 were on, just to be safe?"

That's what you're doing with TLJ.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I just thought of it as a false flag--she's continually waiting for a reveal that will never present itself because it's ultimately unimportant. Sometimes we look for significance in areas that aren't.
Possibly. The idea of who or what they might be interests me, but it's not critically important, imo. That would have been a pretty deep way (for Star Wars, anyway) to show that the subject is a nothingburger.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Luke is going to Gandalf the White it in Ep. 9 before sailing off to the Grey Haven Galaxy.

Count on it.
How badass would it be if he did something totally deus ex machina and took out a Star Destroyer or something?

That's actually what I thought was going to happen at the end. He was going to walk out there and make all the Walkers fall into each other like dominoes. Or destroy the thin salt flats beneath them, resulting in all of them falling underground.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Basically I saw that as The Force telling her that it's not important who her parents were. It's important who she is.

Which is really what The Force told Luke in ESB, anyway...from a certain point of view. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:22 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Your barometer of what is “fun” is broken.

Unless boring and stupid, to you, is “fun.”
No, the prequels were boring and stupid.

This movie wasn't even close to those piles of garbage.

Jedi had R2-D2 zapping Salacious Crumb into the ceiling and saving C-3P0 from getting his eye ripped out...this movie had BB-8 piloting a fucking AT-ST out of nowhere. :-)

Same kind of fun. Made me feel 12 again. Thank you Rian!
[Reply]
Page 122 of 268
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up