JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:14 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Last year we didn't even have a 500 yard guy after Rice though, that was the problem. Agree we're only looking for about 600 yards here, and with Mahomes that should be doable with any of these three if healthy. Really just 2021 Hardman production.
We barely missed it with Watson - who outperformed the guy that so many want us to sign for 8-10X what Watson makes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:16 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I'd rather do that than waste cap space on any of the bums in this class, yeah. It would literally be the same as in 2022 regardless of if we brought one in or not. Swap out one of Toney or Moore for Mooney. Great. You've accomplished **** all and are paying more to do it.
sorry, dude, that's a fucking terrible idea.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:16 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What's the splashiest signing you can imagine our Chiefs making?
Derrick Henry signing, or a Mekhi Becton reclamation project
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:17 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
sorry, dude, that's a fucking terrible idea.
Yeah, it's not ideal. Thems the breaks in this NFL economy, though. Draft, develop, and truck on.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 PM 03-11-2024
Yeah I don’t see what staylor is. Samuel still looks like a low 4.3 guy with burst in his highlights from 2023. He’s still really fast
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:19 PM 03-11-2024
I'd rather bring James and Hardman back at their price points ($2M combined) and draft a WR than throw $8-10M at Mooney.

I think either one could be this 600-800 yard WR we're looking for - hell, Mecole has been that guy before, for us.

We've had interest in Josh Reynolds in the past, and that should be a $3M deal at most.

We don't need to throw a ton of money at the position, unless they feel Ridley (or a trade for a difference maker) is an option.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:21 PM 03-11-2024
I'd just take MVS back personally. Known commodity in the organization and has been a key performer in the playoffs. Especially if he's currently sitting at the same price point as all the other jabronis.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:21 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't see anything wrong here, other than he'd have to get a different number.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'd rather bring James and Hardman back at their price points ($2M combined) and draft a WR than throw $8-10M at Mooney.

I think either one could be this 600-800 yard WR we're looking for - hell, Mecole has been that guy before, for us.
You could use said difference to theoretically sign a DE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:22 PM 03-11-2024
We barely missed it with Watson - who outperformed the guy that so many want us to sign for 8-10X what Watson makes.
That's his CEILING, Watson.

Mooney's been a 1000 yard receiver in Matt Nagy's offense with Turdbiskey throwing to him.

He's had some nagging injuries, and Fields is a dumpster fire that throws to his first read or runs.

If Mooney's just hobbled, fair enough, you skip it.

If it's a combination of a high school offense with a dumpster fire at QB, that's worth taking a chance.

If you're EXPECTING a 1000 yard stud in free agency, ain't happening unless it's taking a chance on a change of scenery on a guy like Mooney.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:23 PM 03-11-2024

Fair point.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:25 PM 03-11-2024
I like mooney better than samuel.

I say that thinking samuel is fine. But samuel is kind of redundant to rashee rice.

Mooney brings a different element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:25 PM 03-11-2024
I don't understand the notion that because the team tried some reclamation projects and they didn't work as expected that they're forbidden from trying them again. The sample size on these things is small and every reclamation project is hardly some cookie cutter thing.

Is this team never allowed to attempt to dabble in the mid tier of NFL WRs again because those are the guys that aren't oozing elite nor are they at vet minimum? Should we either just pull guys off the scrap heap - again reclamation projects - or chronically look to overpay at the top of the market?

Veach is going to evolve and be fluid in these situations. He's not going to let his experience with MVS impact what he does in this free agency period just as he won't let his pick of Skyy Moore have any impact on how he attacks the receiver position in the draft. And god damnit I think that's plenty fucking fine by me.

The chess board is complicated here. Let Veach fucking work.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:26 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I thought i had read a quote from Ridley as he gave the ol' "Offense is hard to learn, i'll be better in my 2nd year in it" excuse.
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What's the splashiest signing you can imagine our Chiefs making?
Aaron Jones…then draft a WR 1st round.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:27 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I honestly don’t want any of those guys.

I’d rather draft 3 WRs and see how it all shakes out in competition.

Similar to how Veach attacked CB a couple years ago.

1) trade up for a stud
2) draft one in the mid rounds that you like
3) draft a sleeper towards the end of the draft.
No way Reid's playing 3 rookies. NO WAY.

No way he'd roll with 2 even. Look how long it took ONE with Rice to get bulk snaps.

No way.

You'll get one early, you might get one late, and you'll get a cheap vet on a reclamation type deal.

arguing over how much we hate this guy or that guy is dumb; one of them is coming. Might as well just get used to it.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 365
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Up