ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 270
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:33 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Pick 32 would have gotten a premier, day-1 starting CB in this year’s draft.
29 would've worked as well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:08 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm still slightly pissed about Seattle making us fart out this year's 2nd rounder. The swap of 3rds in 2019 wasn't enough to make up for that high cost.

I would have told them, "Okay, go ahead and sit on Frank Clark, Seattle. Fine with us. You're apparently desperate for draft picks this year, so keep Clark and we'll keep our 1st rounder." We really wanted the player, but so did Seattle, and they apparently wanted the draft picks more, so I would have tried to poker face them and gain more leverage.

And they might have called our bluff and left the deal on the table. But at that point we would have had our 1st back, and I think we would have had flexibility to either trade down with it or go defensive back or even take a DE if there was a guy we really liked (I don't think there was, but I could be wrong).

And then this year with that extra 2nd, we'd be in a REALLY good position to make more flexible choices.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:28 PM 08-01-2019
Tried telling you all. Hyde is probably gone

"I'm working on my second 53-man roster right now & I think I have Carlos Hyde getting cut. I like what I've seen from Darrel Williams & Darwin Thompson. I think Damien Williams should be back in the mix soon. He could be good to go this weekend" - @pgsween on #TheDrive. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/cQrdDMjXTs

— 610 Sports Radio (@610SportsKC) August 1, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 08-01-2019
phatbacks are going to be a thing of the pats soon

i bet we keep 5 RB

Williams
Thompson
Williams
Smith
Sherman
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:39 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:48 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Love the Mahomes moment...at 1:30.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:28 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea he left and they drafted a LB with a first round pick, kinda makes sense it got better.
Yeah because the guy they let go waant elite but we paid him like one. I'll give Spags a chance but I don't buy that it was all scheme. When you play 1,000 snaps you kinda are what you are. Hes good vs run but get him in coverage hes fucked. I'm not saying they are the same player but he did have about the same measurables as Niemann. Unlike Niemann I still think he can play the run well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 08-01-2019

$1.5MM guaranteed and you think he gets cut? Nope they arent paying him $1.5M for an offseason.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:10 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
$1.5MM guaranteed and you think he gets cut? Nope they arent paying him $1.5M for an offseason.
They'll cut the player they think will help the least. Andy and the Chiefs both know this season is one of the best shots they're ever going to get at winning a Superbowl.

The only exception IMOP is MAYBE Deiter but I'd be more surprised if they kept him than if they cut him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:17 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
They'll cut the player they think will help the least. Andy and the Chiefs both know this season is one of the best shots they're ever going to get at winning a Superbowl.

The only exception IMOP is MAYBE Deiter but I'd be more surprised if they kept him than if they cut him.
I just don't get why Darrel Williams is suddenly objectively better than Hyde. He's not. And from what I saw last year, he's just nothing special at all.

Yeah, the preseason games should tell a better story than random douches from 610 giving their opinion, but I've never really bought into Darrel Williams as a guy with any kind of talent.

No, that's not me proclaiming Hyde to be great, either. I just think it's pretty much a wash. I think it's two dudes competing for the exact same role as the exact same type of back with the exact same running style.

If it's close, I'd put money on Hyde.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:50 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I just don't get why Darrel Williams is suddenly objectively better than Hyde. He's not. And from what I saw last year, he's just nothing special at all.

Yeah, the preseason games should tell a better story than random douches from 610 giving their opinion, but I've never really bought into Darrel Williams as a guy with any kind of talent.

No, that's not me proclaiming Hyde to be great, either. I just think it's pretty much a wash. I think it's two dudes competing for the exact same role as the exact same type of back with the exact same running style.

If it's close, I'd put money on Hyde.

If they're the same back it makes more sense to keep williams whose cap number is $575,000 vrs $2.73mil for Hyde.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:00 PM 08-01-2019

I’ll wait until I see both in games this month.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 PM 08-01-2019
Pre season is meaningless but I want to see these motherfuckers flying to the ball like Denvers D did tonight. Hate them but appreciate the effort.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:18 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Or 31...
[Reply]
bobhill 11:36 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
phatbacks are going to be a thing of the pats soon

i bet we keep 5 RB

Williams
Thompson