ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 176
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:28 PM 02-25-2018
break this team up.........oh, shit. sorry guys.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:54 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
For those who have advocated that the Royals should have traded Hosmer or Cain or Moustakas when their value was at its zenith... that was after the 2015 WS win. And would have felt even worse than the Chiefs' trade of peters feels right now.
Um...

And Peters can go fuck himself.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:18 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um...

And Peters can go fuck himself.
It’s hard for Chiefs fans to understand a player who so passionately wants to win. These players don’t usually play for the Chiefs.

Thank god the Royals has some winners for a few years though. Multiple guys on one team even. The Chiefs may never sniff such greatness.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:25 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It’s hard for Chiefs fans to understand a player who so passionately wants to win. These players don’t usually play for the Chiefs
You’re right.

I’m certain that Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith, Kareem Hunt, Spencer Ware and countless others just sacrifice their bodies for a paycheck.

Bastards!
[Reply]
baitism 09:25 PM 02-25-2018
Gore got a hit? What the hell...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You’re right.

I’m certain that Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith, Kareem Hunt, Spencer Ware and countless others just sacrifice their bodies for a paycheck.

Bastards!
Well, a lot of people do that for far less of a paycheck, and far more than 16 times a year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, a lot of people do that for far less of a paycheck, and far more than 16 times a year.
It’s a different game altogether, which is why we’re seeing more and more guys that can excel in both sports choose baseball over football.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:06 AM 02-26-2018

Day 3, Royals vs. Giants. Brian Flynn’s turn pic.twitter.com/P96JaqEQFq

— Maria Torres (@maria_torres3) February 26, 2018

[Reply]
nychief 09:14 AM 02-26-2018
Flynn needs to be part of the bullpen.

Also we might lose 110 games.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by nychief:
Flynn needs to be part of the bullpen.

Also we might lose 110 games.

That's a really special kind of bad.

They would have to trade Duffy, Perez, and Merrifield to get to that kind of bad, and even then it would be incredibly unlikely to get there.

The 2005 Royals lost 106 games, and that was this team:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/2005.shtml

They're going to be in the high 80s to low 90s in losses, I think. But that's a far cry from losing 100+.
[Reply]
luv 09:54 AM 02-26-2018
I thought this was cool. I didn't see a thread, but, knowing me, it's already been posted. So, I thought I'd share this here instead. Sorry if Q.

From Springfield News-Leader:
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...-ad/371383002/

Although he's now a member of the San Diego Padres after signing an eight-year, $144 million contract as a free agent, Eric Hosmer has already built up a career worth of fond memories with the Kansas City Royals.

He won four Gold Gloves, an All-Star Game MVP award, two American League pennants and one World Series in the seven seasons since the Royals selected him with the third overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Over the weekend, he expressed his gratitude to Royals fans with a full-page ad in Sunday's edition of the Kansas City Star.

"Your 'Let's Go Royals' chant roared throughout the K (Kauffman Stadium) following a Game 7 loss in 2014. Our fans weren't going anywhere. We realized then there was no way we wouldn't make it back to the big stage the next year," Hosmer wrote about the Royals' World Series loss to the San Francisco Giants -- and their World Series win over the New York Mets the following season.

Hosmer also mentioned why he would not be wearing the number No. 35 he had in Kansas City with his new team. He's chosen No. 30 in San Diego as a tribute to former teammate Yordano Ventura, who was killed in a Jan. 2017 auto accident in the Dominican Republic.

"White Ace remains close to my heart, from now on I'll carry his legacy on my back."
[Reply]
luv 09:55 AM 02-26-2018
For some reason, I can't get the image from the article to show up here.

NM...figured it out. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:30 AM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
For some reason, I can't get the image from the article to show up here.

NM...figured it out. :-)
I hadn't seen that, thanks for posting it.

Getting a bit dusty here...
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:42 AM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That's a really special kind of bad.

They would have to trade Duffy, Perez, and Merrifield to get to that kind of bad, and even then it would be incredibly unlikely to get there.

The 2005 Royals lost 106 games, and that was this team:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/2005.shtml

They're going to be in the high 80s to low 90s in losses, I think. But that's a far cry from losing 100+.
Andres Blanco was still in the major's last year... yikes. BTW I forgot how old that 2005 team was.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 AM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
I thought this was cool. I didn't see a thread, but, knowing me, it's already been posted. So, I thought I'd share this here instead. Sorry if Q.

From Springfield News-Leader:
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...-ad/371383002/

Although he's now a member of the San Diego Padres after signing an eight-year, $144 million contract as a free agent, Eric Hosmer has already built up a career worth of fond memories with the Kansas City Royals.

He won four Gold Gloves, an All-Star Game MVP award, two American League pennants and one World Series in the seven seasons since the Royals selected him with the third overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Over the weekend, he expressed his gratitude to Royals fans with a full-page ad in Sunday's edition of the Kansas City Star.

"Your 'Let's Go Royals' chant roared throughout the K (Kauffman Stadium) following a Game 7 loss in 2014. Our fans weren't going anywhere. We realized then there was no way we wouldn't make it back to the big stage the next year," Hosmer wrote about the Royals' World Series loss to the San Francisco Giants -- and their World Series win over the New York Mets the following season.

Hosmer also mentioned why he would not be wearing the number No. 35 he had in Kansas City with his new team. He's chosen No. 30 in San Diego as a tribute to former teammate Yordano Ventura, who was killed in a Jan. 2017 auto accident in the Dominican Republic.

"White Ace remains close to my heart, from now on I'll carry his legacy on my back."
Respect. Especially since he (I presume) paid money to do it.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 176
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up