ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 130
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
jd1020 11:53 PM 12-15-2017
He's only listing them in order of what makes sense. He's not suggesting the Cardinals have the best chance to land him. All that matters is who makes the best offer.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:10 AM 12-16-2017
Dustin Fowler, once a top prospect of the Yankees and traded to the A's for Sonny Gray, is suing the White Sox for the injury he suffered after running into the wall while going after a fly ball down the right field line.

Picture just before impact. Supposedly he ran into an "unpadded electrical box."

You can see his hand on the box in question, which according to Girardi was behind the knee wall. The mark in the padding suggests that he didn't even hit the wall where the box is. I don't see how there's any possible way his knee hit that thing. His knee would have had to gone through the gap between the top of the wall and the padded bar above it, would seem pretty hard to do when the rest of your leg is planted right up against the wall.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 12-16-2017
My Rays buddy a couple of days ago: Heard they had a done deal to trade Flaherty/Bader for Colume. But then started exploring a larger deal with Archer and Longoria.

Thought it was just a BS rumor then Goold said the same thing this am.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:38 AM 12-16-2017
Just say no to these Rays trades. Archer is the most overrated pitcher in baseball, Longoria is a name only, and Colome is a closer w/o an off-speed pitch that strikes out less than a batter per inning
[Reply]
VAChief 12:36 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Just say no to these Rays trades. Archer is the most overrated pitcher in baseball, Longoria is a name only, and Colome is a closer w/o an off-speed pitch that strikes out less than a batter per inning
I would have liked them to pick up Cishek again. He was reasonably priced, and would have been a nice bridge to one of our young power arms. He will be a solid addition to that Cub pen.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:45 PM 12-16-2017
NBA type trade today between the Dodgers/Braves

Just announced: #Dodgers get Matt Kemp from #Braves for Adrian Gonzalez, Scott Kazmir, Brandon McCarthy, Charlie Culberson and cash.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 16, 2017

Sources: Trade is effectively cash-neutral overall, but will get #Dodgers under $197M luxury-tax threshold for 2018. Kemp’s money spread out over two years. Three players #Braves getting all one-year guys. ATL will designate Gonzalez for assignment, enabling him to be free agent.

From #Dodgers’ perspective, no harm to 2018 team and ability to re-set tax rate to minimum for great free-agent class of ‘18-‘19.

[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 12-16-2017
Well that cleared the space for Harper next year

And Machado to the Yankees
[Reply]
bdj23 02:06 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
NBA type trade today between the Dodgers/Braves

Dodgers are loading up for Bryce Harper
[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM 12-16-2017
Prepare for Yankees dodgers continuous world series
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:26 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I would have liked them to pick up Cishek again. He was reasonably priced, and would have been a nice bridge to one of our young power arms. He will be a solid addition to that Cub pen.
Do you forget how bad Cishek sucked?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Prepare for Yankees dodgers continuous world series
:-) sad but true?
[Reply]
VAChief 05:22 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Do you forget how bad Cishek sucked?
That was certainly not his best year, however his numbers for us were not that bad. That year it was his mechanics that were out of whack and his WHIP was the highest in his career.

Last year he posted a sub 1 WHIP while still striking out nearly a man an inning. Those are numbers I would take any year in our pen. Besides by relievers money right now he would have been a bargain. I’m sure we will overpay for someone in a trade that will continue our late inning ulcers.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:27 PM 12-16-2017
Bryce Harpers reation to the Dodgers trade

Look familiar????

Dont forget that Kershaw is about to opt out of his deal.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:13 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Bryce Harpers reation to the Dodgers trade

Look familiar????

Dont forget that Kershaw is about to opt out of his deal.
I’m all about Harper to the Cubs. Between Harper and Bryant that’s damn near a billion to two players. Good luck.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:15 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’m all about Harper to the Cubs. Between Harper and Bryant that’s damn near a billion to two players. Good luck.
Harper is going to have an opt out in his contract before Bryant becomes a FA.

Nice thought, I guess.

Harper will be 26 when he is a FA. He'll have an opt out in 3-4 years that he will almost certainly exercise, unless he absolutely tanks in that time span, and cash in yet again on a 10 year contract. So maybe he hits the market at the same time Bryant does, assuming the Cubs can't work out a deal to extend him through a couple of his first FA years. But to think Harper is actually going to play out this contract hes about to get, and Machado for that matter, is delusional. Something would have to go really really wrong for that to be the case, because teams arent losing money and contracts arent getting cheaper as time rolls by.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 130
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125 > Last »
Up