ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 140
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:38 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So which GM has done a better job with these issues you say Veach has?
Being critical of one aspect of a GMs performance doesn't mean I hate the guy. I like the job veachs doing.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:38 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
September 17, 2015..... 7 games spanning multiple years. Don’t worry, I’m sure Flappo will bring you guys to the promised land under Failways tutelage.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
1. They weren't going to trade Flowers (or any other impact player) during the middle of a SB run in what was Brady's likely last shot.

2. They took the 3rd round comp because they'd rather pay DBs to cover 100% of the time than millions to rushers that are on the field only 2/3 of the time. Given how quickly most offenses get the ball out, it's a pretty sound strategy, too.
1. Who the said they were going to trade him before the offseason?

2. That has nothing to do with a tag and trade. I’m saying if they could’ve gotten more back for him, they would have done just that.

Clark was clearly seen as a 1st round value. Flowers value wasn’t seen as “slightly” less than that.

Do you get my point yet?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 04-24-2019
It’s pretty obvious that Flowers and Ford had similar value. Just like Clark is significantly better than Ford, he’s significantly better than Flowers who’s never had more than 7.5 sacks in a season and nowhere near the level of pass rusher.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:05 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

I still believe Veach to be operating beyond his pants size, and he needs to start killing it in the draft. I have also determined that if we can't get proper value for elite players, then they need to stay here and contribute from this time going forward.
( No, that does NOT mean I wish Dee Dipshit Fjord and Justin Lazy-Ass Houston were still here, just as the comment implies )
We'll see...Ogbah, Hyde and Okafor are almost never mentioned around here. I like all three pick-ups. Pringle looked good before getting hurt..we dont know what Watts is yet either.

Hitchens and Speaks seemed to be playing out of position...Veach gets one more year. The Berry, Amerson, Scanderick, Parker fiasco was not a good start though...almost criminally negligent and it cost KC a SB.
[Reply]
scho63 03:07 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We should've traded for Vernon Gholston...
I was one of the jackasses who thought he would be an excellent NFL player. That's why I'm home watching and the scouts are in the draft room. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:06 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
According to Terez our starting LBs are Wilson/Ragland/Hitchens. LB should be the #1 priority.
Ugh. Please, no. Having Reggie Ragdoll as our starting MLB would put a huge damper on my astronomical expectations for next season. Get ANYONE else. How old is Dino Hackett now, and what's his 40 time? Willie Lanier is still alive, bring him in for a look.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Ugh. Please, no. Having Reggie Ragdoll as our starting MLB would put a huge damper on my astronomical expectations for next season. Get ANYONE else. How old is Dino Hackett now, and what's his 40 time? Willie Lanier is still alive, bring him in for a look.
See I don't buy that..I think by week 4 you could see something like O'Daniel/Hitch/Nieman
[Reply]
FAX 04:11 PM 04-24-2019
Damn ... Terez is one persistent mother ...

He was the dude who anointed Ragland as the second coming of DJ and he's still carrying holy water for the guy. Incredible.

Are they related or something?

FAX
[Reply]
Mecca 04:12 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

He was the dude who anointed Ragland as the second coming of DJ and he's still carrying holy water for the guy. Incredible.

FAX
Terez is ok at times...although he thought this was a 7 win team...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:13 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
Nate Taylor also said he heard the same regarding Ragland as a starter
[Reply]
JD10367 06:06 PM 04-24-2019
It's a lot of money to pay for a talented player with baggage. But he fits the scheme, and Houston and Ford were not going to be part of the picture. I would've been fully erect if the Pats got a player of this ability. As for Flowers, the same way Brady makes average WRs look better, Belichick makes average players look better. Even great players (e.g. Richard Seymour) don't shine as bright once they leave. So, no, Flowers is no Clark.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:13 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Terez is ok at times...although he thought this was a 7 win team...
So did most. Mahomes just blew away the young QB standard. He was so good nobody could believe it. His stats will never be matched by a first year starter maybe ever.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:18 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we ****ing draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For ****'s sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to ****ing suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really ****ing hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.
You really think Veach is calling the shots here? He is a GM on paper. This is Reid's team and he calls the shots on personnel. He just tells Brett what he wants.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 06:56 PM 04-24-2019
I have gone to a lot of Seahawk games down the I-5 and I can tell you he’s pretty impressive. Very disruptive borderline unblockable. He’s a stud and on top of that he feels disrespected. This will be a lethal combo
[Reply]
Page 121 of 140
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Up