ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 09:13 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
How's that leg going hold up?
Let's break it again!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:20 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
As long as he never says I would have played for the Cheaps for half that I am ok with it
Speaking of cheap...You don't go to games anyway
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:30 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Let's break it again!

[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:31 AM 06-22-2017
As a result, there may be a brief period in the healing process when the fracture site is stronger than the surrounding bone. But they later reach equal strength, and the fracture site is no more or less likely to break again. ... THE BOTTOM LINE Healed bones are not stronger than they were before a fracture
[Reply]
Stryker 09:37 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
QB has a bigger impact on games than defensive ends. Nobody holds Derrick Thomas lack of a ring against him. Different story for Dan Marino.
Or Jim Kelly :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:42 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That's my thing. Why do teams wilt with these players? Yeah he's turning into a franchise QB, but he doesn't deserve to be paid the best.

Luck went to the AFCCG and has won his division, Wilson has won division titles and lead his team to the SB 2X winning one.

Carr is really good but he hasn't done jack shit yet.
the dude has thrown 81 TD vs only 31 int in just 3 seasons and went from winning 3 games in his 1st season to winning 12 last year...

If he didn't break his leg they probably win the division...

the guy avergaed 262 YPG last season

now, don't get me wrong....im not saying he deserves 25 mil a season but 'he hasn't done jack shit' is pretty ridiculous....

Show me another rookie who went to a loser team as bad as the raiders and started immediately and turned the ship around with better stats than him...

I mean the guy is their future..and has taken them to their 1st winning season in like 15 years..'he hasn't done jack shit' to me means you havent seen this kid play
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:44 AM 06-22-2017
Misleading thread title . . .

*did*
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:51 AM 06-22-2017
But, on a serious note, they had to do it.

If the Raiders didn't pay it, somebody else would have. And that Raiders offense is MUCH worse without him, as evidenced last year.

From a Chiefs fan perspective, don't really care, as Chiefs have proven they have his number.

But if you're lucky enough to draft a potential franchise QB, you pay him and you keep him. Same thing hopefully Chiefs will be doing with Mahomes in a few years (assuming he pans out).
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
the dude has thrown 81 TD vs only 31 int in just 3 seasons and went from winning 3 games in his 1st season to winning 12 last year...

If he didn't break his leg they probably win the division...

the guy avergaed 262 YPG last season

now, don't get me wrong....im not saying he deserves 25 mil a season but 'he hasn't done jack shit' is pretty ridiculous....

Show me another rookie who went to a loser team as bad as the raiders and started immediately and turned the ship around with better stats than him...

I mean the guy is their future..and has taken them to their 1st winning season in like 15 years..'he hasn't done jack shit' to me means you havent seen this kid play
He hasn't been very good against good teams for the most part, but the team around him has also been awful.

He's been a big part of reviving a terrible franchise and is on the upswing. If the chiefs were in that position I'd have no problems paying him.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:57 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
He hasn't been very good against good teams for the most part, but the team around him has also been awful.

He's been a big part of reviving a terrible franchise and is on the upswing. If the chiefs were in that position I'd have no problems paying him.
exactly... A qb can't do anything about great passes that turn out to be drops in crucial situations. A QB can't do anything about a team that cannot cover a TE to save their asses and a QB can't do anything about a team that put corners 10 yards in front of WR's ... Raiders only need is a middle of the pack defense because they are stacked on offense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:08 AM 06-22-2017
Teams that have signed QBs to record contracts haven't fared well. Colts vanished as did the Ravens.

It might be lost on Raider fans but the only reason Kelechi Osemele is on their team is because they couldn't afford him after paying Flacco.

Same thing is going to happen in Oakland.

Carr IS their team though..they are awful without him.

This is good news for the AFC West....Raiders just became weaker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:

Until last year, you'd have been correct.

But last year's Raider's squad had just about anything a young QB could want. A good veteran possession receiver, a young burner, a solid power running game and a hell of an offensive line. Their defense has arguably the best pass-rusher on the planet and enough of a decent supporting cast to be average at worst.

The Raiders were a good team last year....yet he still struggled against us and yes, I'm calling that Texans game shady as shit.

I think Derek Carr's a good young QB and if Mahomes develops on the same arc as Carr, we'd be elated. But there are no more excuses to make for him. He has the weapons to succeed and he had them last year as well. He has the experience and the opportunity. Now he has the contract that pays him like the best QB in football.

So if he's to earn that money, he'd better keep himself firmly ensconced in the MVP dialogue because there's no excuse not to anymore.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 06-22-2017
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports Derek Carr's five-year, $125-million extension contains $40 million fully guaranteed.
According to Pelissero, the deal includes $70 million in total guarantees. Those numbers put him below Andrew Luck, but he did edge him out in average annual value. More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper [/B]
Where are the retards telling me Carr's contract was going to be frontloaded and they would be in cap hell soon?

Freakin' double standards around here...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports Derek Carr's five-year, $125-million extension contains $40 million fully guaranteed.
According to Pelissero, the deal includes $70 million in total guarantees. Those numbers put him below Andrew Luck, but he did edge him out in average annual value. More interestingly, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the deal "features a delayed cash flow" which will both help the Raiders re-sign players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and allow Carr to earn more money after the Raiders move to Nevada, which has no state income tax.
'delayed cash flow'....uh, isn't that just backloading? Same as virtually every NFL contract signed these days?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up