PatMahomesIsGod 08:28 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Expert Commentary: Pick No. 63 — Kingsley Suamataia
Draft Grade: A+
Pre-Draft Rank: 22
School: BYU
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 326
One plus is not enough here — this is a potentially franchise-altering pick for the Chiefs here at the bottom of the second round. Suamataia is a bit raw, but he has legitimate franchise left tackle athleticism and movement ability. Throw him out there and let him grow into an elite tackle.
JIMP
[Reply]
xztop123 09:26 PM 04-26-2024
His floor is a productive rt for hears and ceiling is a bookend lt saving us money and draft equity in future.

Is that what I’m gathering ?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 PM 04-26-2024

[Reply]
BWillie 09:30 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The best
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:44 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A painting of Saccapoo
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:28 PM 04-26-2024
I got the best nickname for him the tribal chief.
[Reply]
wazu 09:30 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
I got the bedt nickname for him the tribal chief.
Well done my friend.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:38 PM 04-26-2024
Just a home run draft. I can’t believe Kingsley was still on the board at 63, I was positive that we’d have to trade up to get him. And the morons who were bashing the Worthy pick will live forever in infamy in that thread, their idiocy etched into the annals of internet history for all to clown, mock, and laugh at for the next century.

Great job by the Veach. I thought we’d have to burn a 3rd next year or 4th this year to move up to have a chance at Suamataia. And I would have had no problem with us doing so.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:57 PM 04-26-2024
Was Jamaal Charles high or drunk? Did yall notice him?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Was Jamaal Charles high or drunk? Did yall notice him?
I think that was just his learning disability.

I kinda felt bad for him. I wouldn’t have subjected him to reading something publicly with millions watching.
[Reply]
neech 10:08 PM 04-26-2024
For what its worth, here's what the CBS sports site is grading the Chiefs second round pick is.

63. Chiefs: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Grade: B

Boom-or-burst prospect. His 2022 was outstanding, but 2023 was not on film. Burst and especially lateral sliding ability are there. Has hard time locking onto EDGEs and securing them. Slips out of many blocks against the run. Hand work in pass pro can be outstanding at times. Raw but talented. NFL OT frame. Need filled.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
For what its worth, here's what the CBS sports site is grading the Chiefs second round pick is.

Boom-or-burst prospect. His 2022 was outstanding, but 2023 was not on film. Burst and especially lateral sliding ability are there. Has hard time locking onto EDGEs and securing them. Slips out of many blocks against the run. Hand work in pass pro can be outstanding at times. Raw but talented. NFL OT frame. Need filled.
I don’t disagree with that review, but it’s a little unrealistic.

Of course, there’s some bust potential. If there wasn’t, then he’d be a top 20 pick.

Having “boom” potential with at least decent film and good measurables/tools is a great pick for that position at that draft slot.

The grade doesn’t matter, I get that. Still, this review doesn’t seem to grasp the reality of picking a LT late in the second.
[Reply]
Warrick 01:22 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by neech:

Bleacher Report gave him an A+ (I know, I know)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...for-every-pick
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:10 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think that was just his learning disability.

I kinda felt bad for him. I wouldn’t have subjected him to reading something publicly with millions watching.
Agreed. But the whole concept is dumb. Anyone really GAF about past players announcing picks? The Make a Wish kid was cool. And I guess you can let the WP man of the year get some pub but otherwise just have a league official announce the damn pick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Agreed. But the whole concept is dumb. Anyone really GAF about past players announcing picks? The Make a Wish kid was cool. And I guess you can let the WP man of the year get some pub but otherwise just have a league official announce the damn pick.

Seeing Barry Sanders come out of the tunnel was pretty cool. if that didn't bring a smile to your face you aren't a football fan.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up