ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:29 PM 11-03-2019
No.

/thread
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:53 PM 11-03-2019
Was Williams hurt to start the year?

He looks like a completely different player the past 2 weeks.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:57 PM 11-03-2019
Best running back on the team. Been saying it all season.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:26 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Total bullshit. McCoy is clearly the better back. He started the the Denver game and all of a sudden we have a running game! Your boy Damien must be still dinged and just isn’t producing. They should make him inactive and let Darwin get his touches!
you were saying??
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:38 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damien Williams is not a no.1 RB. Never has been. Look at his career in Miami. In four years he never started, except for four games in his last year with the team. He had about 130 snaps, and never averaged more than 3.9 yards/carry in any season. His average in MIA was about 3.5 yards/carry. As a RB he lacks vision, as we can see below:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1189544997063987201

What he does well is catch the ball. His average reception rate is over 70% when targeted, which for an RB is pretty good.

Last year's 5.1 yards/carry for Damien was a fluke.

:-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:59 PM 11-03-2019
Would still like to see what happens with Thompson getting 10 carries or so in a game.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:06 PM 11-03-2019
I am wondering if Damien was hurt worse than the team was letting on. He has looked much better the last couple of weeks. Maybe he is just not getting fully healthy?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:16 PM 11-03-2019
He isn’t the long term answer here, but crapping all over him is stupid... going 91 yards against THAT defense?

Doff your hats and shut up
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:36 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He isn’t the long term answer here, but crapping all over him is stupid... going 91 yards against THAT defense?

Yeah, he had a really good game against a quality defense....now he just needs to do that every week.

Oline needs to open him up holes....cause once he gets through them he does a lot of damage.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 06:44 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

This. If Darwin can’t be that guy the team needs to be looking for one in the draft. A running game makes this team just about impossible to defend.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:44 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Yeah, he had a really good game against a quality defense....now he just needs to do that every week.

Oline needs to open him up holes....cause once he gets through them he does a lot of damage.
He played a really good game today. Tip of the cap to him.

But yeah, in nearly 6 years in the NFL, he's never maintained anything over 3.9 yards/carry for a season. In fact, his average in his 4 years in MIA was 3.4 yards/carry.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you take out the 91-yarder, he rushed 11 times for 34 yards today.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:47 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
hes just not being used properly this year..Andys love affair of Shady is hurting this team

yep..d. will is always a threat to score ..shady will never score unless its inside the 10
he already did against the colts..

he also has no nose for the endzone..he gets in the open field alot makes one guy miss and then gets tracked down
This DTvietnam guy knows what he's talking about :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:10 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Was Williams hurt to start the year?

He looks like a completely different player the past 2 weeks.
Yes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:20 PM 11-03-2019
He played a really good game today. Tip of the cap to him.

But yeah, in nearly 6 years in the NFL, he's never maintained anything over 3.9 yards/carry for a season. In fact, his average in his 4 years in MIA was 3.4 yards/carry.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you take out the 91-yarder, he rushed 11 times for 34 yards today.
Yup. I'm rooting for him to succeed because he's a really dangerous weapon as a receiver back. But we'll see. I still think shady is a more consistent back because he has tremendous vision and sees holes Damien doesn't. But I'm not trusting mccoy until he proves he's got the fumbling under control. It's just stunning that bieniemy of all people has offensive players with no concept of protecting the ball
[Reply]
dls6501 11:40 AM 11-04-2019
So beyond tired of people making comments like this. Why should we take out the 91 yarder? Did it not happen? Do we not know how averages work?

Just blows my mind. Sometimes, players need touches and big plays will happen. You know who used to be like this? LaDanian Tomlinson.

(Just because I know some people are idiots and cant understand that I am not comparing the two in total skill level, let me say I AM NOT COMPARING THE TWO IN TERMS OF HOW GOOD THEY ARE.)

LaDanian Tomlinson had plenty of games in his career where he had something like 20 total carries, 18 of said carries for 30 yards, 1 carry for 25 yards, and 1 carry for 65 yards and a touchdown.

Do you think Charger fans would bitch and say "oh well if you took out the two long runs, LT only had 30 yards on 18 carries"?!? No of f***ing course not. Sometimes, players make a big play if they are given a bunch of opportunities, even if said opportunities fail most of the time. Obviously, this didnt happen all the time with LT, but it did happen sometimes.

Again, not saying Damien is anything close to LT....but maybe, just maybe he is similar to him in this specific aspect. Feed him the ball and he might just break one for a gamechanging play.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up