ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
Deberg_1990 04:22 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
This promotion appears to be the handy work of Andy.

Andy is pulling the strings and this feels very similar to the last couple of years in Philly....When Andy and Brett where running the show and the team won only 6 six games back to back years.

Maybe they learned their lesson on not signing a bunch of free agents...I don't know. But, the eye for talent that Dorsey had will be hard to beat by anyone.
I thought Dorsey was a 'Reid guy' from his Green Bay days? Andy was the guy who went out and recommended him to Hunt.

Why would he make a power play and screw him over?
[Reply]
JakeF 07:06 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I thought Dorsey was a 'Reid guy' from his Green Bay days? Andy was the guy who went out and recommended him to Hunt.

Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey. Plenty of buffer between Dorsey and Reid in Green Bay. Reid got Dorsey the job so maybe he expected Dorsey to do what he wanted when it came to the important stuff. Dorsey expected to have the power of a GM since he had the title of GM. Power clashes change things in a hurry even if people are friends. I can't believe people can look at the weird way this all shook out and claim there was nothing to it. It was all just one big coincidence and Reid was simply a bystander. It doesn't matter than Reid could have saved Dorsey's job by refusing to sign his new contract. Super friend Reid just kept his eyes down and fingers in his ears while his friend lost his job.

At the very least, Andy Reid was ok with the firing of his friend. Why did Reid suddenly not care that Dorsey was being fired? Reid had to be pissed at Dorsey for something or he would have saved Dorsey's job.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey.
More speculation that has been refuted time and time again by national and local writers.

Stop it.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:06 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I don't think he made a power play to be rid of Dorsey
It was a power play to give Veach the job after Hunt canned Dorsey.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:05 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
This promotion appears to be the handy work of Andy.

Andy is pulling the strings and this feels very similar to the last couple of years in Philly....When Andy and Brett where running the show and the team won only 6 six games back to back years.

Maybe they learned their lesson on not signing a bunch of free agents...I don't know. But, the eye for talent that Dorsey had will be hard to beat by anyone.
Clearly, you haven't read a single article pertaining to the firing of Dorsey.

Reid had absolutely nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:49 PM 07-11-2017
Brett Veach is the best hire and best chance to salvage the asinine firing of Dorsey. Hunt wasn't going to fire Dorsey if he didn't have an in house guy to fill the position. It is pretty much universally agreed that it was Veach's job from the get go which is why some candidates refused to interview.

You can bet Andy had a good idea Dorsey wouldn't be around and that Veach would be the replacement.

Even if Andy didn't orchestrate the firing, he is a huge beneficiary in terms of power. Andy took Veach under his wing in Philly and was his mentor. He brought him to KC and helped his career. Veach isn't a GM at this young age without Andy. Veach must look up to Andy and I'm certain he still values Andy's views and opinions. He will likely defer to Andy at times.

If you are Hunt and have this alleged setup where GM and coach directly report to you, who do you decide in favor of when there is a difference of opinion ? The experienced head coach you just extended, or the first year pupil?

Andy plays the role of the friendly, aww shucks big guy, but he has come out on the winning side with more power with two different organizations, and it isn't by accident.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:21 PM 07-11-2017
Also you changed what he said to make yourself sound less like a piece of shit

he said Andy and Brett...not Brett and andy...and you tried to say he was just 'an assistant' instead of ANdy's assistant....so I mean for a pedantic salami smuggler who likes to nit pick the **** out of everyone you sure cut yourself a ton of slack
[Reply]
jallmon 06:18 PM 07-11-2017
Just speculation, but Clark and Dorsey may have been having troubles for quite some time. Maybe Clark (and the Hunt family) were thinking that they may have to get rid of Dorsey before long, and because of the conflicts didn't want a Dorsey friend (Chris Ballard) as the heir-apparent to the GM position.

Knowing Chris Ballard was seen as an up and coming GM candidate, the Hunts may well have let him go to clear the decks for getting rid of Dorsey. Now, once Dorsey leaves, the heir-apparent is Brett Veach, who is not a Dorsey person. We know Veach is a Reid person (see below). Additionally, Reid is explicitly kept out of the GM interview process, which is run by Clark and possibly Donovan.

Chris Ballard was a friend of Dorsey's before coming to KC:

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...7-6294a893f69a

Brett Veach was hired by Andy Reid in 2004 as an intern with the Eagles.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/10/chi...ch-john-dorsey

As an aside, Mike Borgonzi was with the Chiefs since 2010, so he pre-dates both Reid and Dorsey here in KC and doesn't seem to have any prior connections to either one.

Again, this is just speculation, but it could explain the facts we are seeing.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:48 PM 07-11-2017
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:54 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.
Aw honey, is your tampon giving you the toxic shock again? You should probably change that thing.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:56 PM 07-11-2017
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.
It's all bullshit from the King Factory of Bullshit.

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:25 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
It's all bullshit from the King Factory of Bullshit.

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:27 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?
He's a genteel little shitheel at best. I hate that entire fucking family, and wouldn't shed one fucking tear if they all fell over dead tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up